For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I came home, picked up chloe and she immediately began licking my face :lol: She only stopped because it became too painful for me and so I let her lick my hand :giggle:

She's been a very happy kitty :yes:

Patches just brought a live rat over here! :scream: :sad: It's horrible! There's nowhere for it to go because my patio is small and I have 7ft high fences and its scared out of its mind and the cats are just sitting there staring at it! :banghead: I'm sooo tired and want to go to bed but I feel so bad for this stupid rat! I even tried to trap it in a box with cheese but the dumb rat wouldnt go in there! omg now Snowflake is after it and its screaming! This is so horrible, I'm going to wake up to a dead rat on my patio that suffered all night. /kill me.

Yuck! I'm not into wild rats, but I hope it gets a swift death. Death by cat is probably a lot more humane than rat poisoning, methinks.

My cats have now consistently been able to open and tip over a cat food container with a latch top that weighs twice as much as them! Beckham figured out the latch a while ago, but always had to reach in to get food out. Now Posh has somehow figured a way of knocking it over. I just refilled it today and there was cat food all over the basement. Good thing I also swept the floor first!

Liesje said:
Yuck! I'm not into wild rats, but I hope it gets a swift death. Death by cat is probably a lot more humane than rat poisoning, methinks.

My cats have now consistently been able to open and tip over a cat food container with a latch top that weighs twice as much as them! Beckham figured out the latch a while ago, but always had to reach in to get food out. Now Posh has somehow figured a way of knocking it over. I just refilled it today and there was cat food all over the basement. Good thing I also swept the floor first!

:ohmy: too smart for their own good kitties...:wink:

I've been away from my Yorke Peninsula home for two weeks now and I miss my cats like crazy. :(

edit: Hell, I'll post a couple pics of them. The photos are about three years old, but the cats still look the same.

Stimpy (M, b. January 1996)
stimpy8wz.jpg

Ben (F, b. March 1998)
ben27ek.jpg

They're both healthy and happy, but it sucks I can't see them all the time now.

Last edited:
Oh how beautiful, TSP!! :drool:

I'm almost crying now..:sad: Bela got out tonight.. My Mom and sister came bye and just oohed and awed over Bela and when they were leaving - my Mom, because she is elderly, has to be helped with her walking..well the door was open and Bela saw her chance to escape..and she did.
She hasn't been doing that, but she's feeling frisky I suppose, so now I wait.
Already searched all around since our doors at these apts are all the same color. She's always come back before, but it's been a long time since she's been out after dark - with her injury and all.
Keep your fingers crossed. :up:

:sad: awww come home bela.. ur mama misses ya!!

I am worried about my Bella has a swollen eye today not sure what came about and she has me worried.. i noticed over the weekend, friday that her left eye was tearing up a bit. So I got a kleenex and wiped and didn't think nothing of it. Then yesterday she slept all day and seemed lethargic but seemed to eat and drink fine (from what I can tell).. Today (she was less lethargic today) I come home from work and noticed that the upper lid area is swollen and is drooping slightly more than her right (her left when you look at her). No problems with going to the bathroom for her, this seems fine too. I don't know what to make of this maybe she got something in her eye, or it's a infection, a cold? Mind you she's going on 15 this spring..

Anyone know what to make of this?

Oh Sue that's terrible news, I hope she will come back :sad:

U2fanatic because of her age and symptoms I would take her in. She may have a kitty cold or could be other things.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
:sad: awww come home bela.. ur mama misses ya!!

I am worried about my Bella has a swollen eye today not sure what came about and she has me worried.. i noticed over the weekend, friday that her left eye was tearing up a bit. So I got a kleenex and wiped and didn't think nothing of it. Then yesterday she slept all day and seemed lethargic but seemed to eat and drink fine (from what I can tell).. Today (she was less lethargic today) I come home from work and noticed that the upper lid area is swollen and is drooping slightly more than her right (her left when you look at her). No problems with going to the bathroom for her, this seems fine too. I don't know what to make of this maybe she got something in her eye, or it's a infection, a cold? Mind you she's going on 15 this spring..

Anyone know what to make of this?

Oh poor Bella.. how funny - When Susan from ARF called, I hadn't actually named Bela. I just thought of the first 4 initials of my favorite band..haha - how original :huh:
Maybe your Bella does have something in her eye. Kitty litter or something? Will she let you put any sterilized water in it?
If not - do what Sicy says, take her in.
Bela is still out, probably getting pregnant.. Hope that's not the case, but she has been showing signs of being in heat. ack! I hope she's shows up soon.

Hope Bela comes home soon :hug:
Hope Bella is alright Fanatic - maybe at least call the vet & see what they have to say... :shrug:

SadPunk - Ben & Stimpy are so :cute:

I made strawberry cupcakes yesterday, and had to fight Biscuit off at every stage of the process. She tried to lick the muffin tin after I'd greased it, licked some of the batter, and licked a bit of icing. When I finished them, I covered them in plastic and left them on the kitchen counter. I came out of the shower last night to find that Biscuit had chewed/torn through the plastic to eat them. :angry:

Sicy said:
Oh Sue that's terrible news, I hope she will come back :sad:

U2fanatic because of her age and symptoms I would take her in. She may have a kitty cold or could be other things.

unfortunately sicy, isabella is a complete freak when it comes to the vet, so unless she starts showing some other symtoms that is ruled out. Maybe something really bad happened to her as a kitten before we adopted her but she goes psycho when we have taken her to the vet in the past. So we avoid it if all possible. Not even a normal check up which we haven't done in years, last time was so that she could be flown to our new home from a previous home (to get the certificate she had to be check by a vet) We attempted to take her in and when any of the staff touches her she hisses and runs and hides, and moans to the point that noone can go near her, not even me.. This happened when we were moving from hawaii to california. We almost had to give her up until I found a vet that came to the house and even then he had to sedate her just to take a look at her.
Luckily she has been a very healthy cat with absolutely no problems..
The only other thing I could do is take a few pics and send them to a vet to get an idea maybe..

She has been acting normal (other then that area being puffy/droopy) since last nite and this morning for the most part.. Nothing abnormal. And like I said she is eating and drinking as she always does.. The area in question is where she rubs her head against things like door jams so there is barely any fur in that area so maybe that has something to do with it.

also, it doesn't seem to bother her when rub, touch the area in question.. She doesn't even flinch.. This makes me think it's not really hurting her... I am keeping a close on eye on her...

Yikes she sounds like a demon. :crazy:
I am just concerned because 15 is very old for a cat and this is the age where all sorts of things can start going wrong. Hopefully its something that will go away on its own but if you eventually do have to take her in, make sure you have them do a blood panel, they can tell a lot from this as far as major problems. If she hasnt had any vaccinations in a while it could definately be a kitty cold.

Sicy said:
Yikes she sounds like a demon. :crazy:
I am just concerned because 15 is very old for a cat and this is the age where all sorts of things can start going wrong. Hopefully its something that will go away on its own but if you eventually do have to take her in, make sure you have them do a blood panel, they can tell a lot from this as far as major problems. If she hasnt had any vaccinations in a while it could definately be a kitty cold.

funny she's not a demon at home but with the vet.. :yikes:

if i take her in i will have to sedate her...

thanks sicy.. I will make sure that they do all that if we end taking her in..

coolian2 said:
I was screwing around in Photobucket and came across photos of the family cats

George wandering on the roof outside my room
IMG_1314.jpg

Sam - hey, check it out, my camera has zoom
IMG_0817.jpg

Alex
IMG_0805.jpg

I didn't name them.

Beautiful cats! Must be a "ginger cat thing":

122507FergusInTheBox.jpg

There are quite a few outdoor kitties in my neighborhood, but I just saw an orange one a little while ago :hyper:

I went out to meet him (? I'm not 100 % sure it was a him), and he was meowing a lot but didn't want to come over at first. Then finally he came over and sniffed my hand a little. I tried to get him to come over to the window to see Jack, but he went back to hiding under the pine tree.

All the neighborhood kitties are really sweet. There's one who comes right up to the window to see Jack. She's an all black kitty with big yellow eyes and a little stub tail. She meows and meows until I come out to pet her :cute:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
There are quite a few outdoor kitties in my neighborhood, but I just saw an orange one a little while ago :hyper:

I went out to meet him (? I'm not 100 % sure it was a him), and he was meowing a lot but didn't want to come over at first. Then finally he came over and sniffed my hand a little. I tried to get him to come over to the window to see Jack, but he went back to hiding under the pine tree.

All the neighborhood kitties are really sweet. There's one who comes right up to the window to see Jack. She's an all black kitty with big yellow eyes and a little stub tail. She meows and meows until I come out to pet her :cute:

Awwwww . . . I *love* cats! :heart:

Ms. Purrl, you can just put a lid on that Xerox box and mail Alex to me.. :wink:

Went home for lunch and Bela is nowhere to be found.
She hasn't eaten any of the food I left out - just in case.
I don't know. Not feeling too optimistic, right now.
She may be prowling around in the woods next to the complex.

I really wish I could leave. We're not working much anyway untill some of the system gets back on line.
I could be home looking for my cat. :|

sue4u2 said:
Ms. Purrl, you can just put a lid on that Xerox box and mail Alex to me.. :wink:

Went home for lunch and Bela is nowhere to be found.
She hasn't eaten any of the food I left out - just in case.
I don't know. Not feeling too optimistic, right now.
She may be prowling around in the woods next to the complex.

I really wish I could leave. We're not working much anyway untill some of the system gets back on line.
I could be home looking for my cat. :|

awww sue! :hug: I don't blame ya one iota.. wish you could be looking right now too...

am keeping very positive thoughts for bela's return.. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom