For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2007, 11:35 PM   #436
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:29 AM

I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to see pics!

Old 12-09-2007, 01:37 AM   #437
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:29 AM

Old 12-09-2007, 02:22 AM   #438
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:29 AM
meegannie, I am so happy for you!
Old 12-09-2007, 04:36 AM   #439
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

Yay! Congrats! Are they boys or girls? If one is a boy and one is a girl ... well you know what you have to do asap..

Did you do all your research on bringing home new cats?
They will hide for a while until they get used to the environment. Just make sure to stick their food water and litterbox in the room they're staying in. And let them get used to the house room by room / little by little. Ohh how exciting!
They're both girls -- sisters from the same litter. Biscuit is ginger and Jasmine is a tortie. I think we'll keep the names they were given because they seem to know them.

It was a bit stressful bringing them home last night. Sam hadn't driven in two years, and were on these tiny country roads in the dark. Biscuit did really well, but Jasmine got nervous and had diarrhea, so we had to try to wipe her clean in the bathroom as well as we could when we got home. When we tried to take her upstairs, she bolted, and Sam got a claw to the face.

We've got them set up in the guest bedroom now. They seem to be okay now, just very scared! Neither has shown ANY signs of aggression (even when stressed), but they're very shy and nervous cats. I put treats all over the room last night to encourage them to explore, and when I came in this morning to check on them, all the treats were gone (including the ones on the bed and on the windowsill), and they'd finished all of their food and water and used their tray, but they were still cowering under the futon. It's like having magic little elves that we never see.

We got a massive cat tree yesterday (This one, but we didn't pay anywhere near that amount!), and started to set up when we discovered that one of the stabilising pieces for one of the bases is missing, so we've got to take it all apart again and exchange it today. I also need to buy a brush and comb and some more food (the women we got them from gave us the rest of the bag of the food she'd been feeding them).
Old 12-09-2007, 05:17 AM   #440
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:29 AM
Meggie, that is great!
Old 12-09-2007, 07:51 AM   #441
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Congratulations
Old 12-09-2007, 08:47 AM   #442
Blue Crack Addict

I'm worried now because there was a tiny bit of blood in the little tray this afternoon. Most of the sites I've looked at say that if the problem continues, a vet should be contacted, so I guess I'll ask about it when I call tomorrow morning to register with a vet and set up an appointment for them to have their vaccinations, be microchipped, book spayings, etc.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:38 PM   #443
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:29 AM
Meggie! That is an AWESOME cat tree And its such a good sign that they came out and ate all the treats and food, and used the box. They will come around. It might take some time but it sounds like they are already doing well. Most of the time they will be so stressed and confused they may not even eat.

About the blood, try not to worry too much. It could be stress. I just went through this with my cats and for Saki it just was a one day thing, but yeah blood is nothing to mess with so hopefully you can get them their vet appts soon.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:49 PM   #444
Blue Crack Addict

Wowzer! (the cat tree) My cats don't have ANY cat tree, but they scratch my furniture and I can't complain since I never taught them otherwise or gave them a scratch post.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:31 PM   #445
Blue Crack Supplier

Callie used her scratching post from day one--we set her down by it and put her front paws on it. She started scratching, and looked at us as if to say, "I know what this is for, dumb ass!" Fergus, on the other hand, has no interest at all and would rather slide his claws down the door frame by one of the bedrooms. Fortunately, Alex is able to clip Ferg's claws without much fuss.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:33 PM   #446
Blue Crack Addict

Some recent cat pics....

Beckham made a nest in some coats

Posh made a nest in Phil's underwear drawer

Marijke, checking if the coast is clear
Old 12-09-2007, 07:40 PM   #447
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje
Wowzer! (the cat tree) My cats don't have ANY cat tree, but they scratch my furniture and I can't complain since I never taught them otherwise or gave them a scratch post.
You have 3 cats and you dont have a scratching post??
That's like the first thing I bought. Its so mandatory in a cats life.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:59 PM   #448
ONE
love, blood, life

A couple more pics of LBC (still haven't figured out a better name for him ).

Overall he's doing great. He wanted out really bad yesterday -- yowled and cried at the doors and windows for a few hours. But eventually he got over it and he's better today. I'm sure he'd go if he got a chance, but I'm making sure he doesn't get the chance. He found the bed and loves to sleep on the pillows. Comfort loving little devil.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:15 PM   #449
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

You have 3 cats and you dont have a scratching post??
That's like the first thing I bought. Its so mandatory in a cats life.
My house mate had a few scratching things, but none of the cats ever used them. They scratch a few areas on the furniture and some random things that must feel good to them (like a box fan, lol). Beckham and Marijke were front declawed before I got them, so that helps. Posh really only cares to scratch the arm of the couch which is fine with me. I keep her nails dull so it doesn't really matter, she doesn't destroy anything.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:45 PM   #450
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

^except my crappy computer chair. She has made it look like a computer chair with hair.