For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear Max is feeling better, indra. :)

I'm really scared about Jasmine and Biscuit's surgeries on Friday. I think we'll pay for the preanesthesia blood tests, just for a little peace of mind. It's incredibly expensive (£85 per cat! :faint: ), but I couldn't live with myself if they had a problem with the anesthetic that could have been discovered with the blood test. Anyway, money's no object when it comes to my cats' health (though £400 in one day is a bit scary!). I just hope everything goes smoothly and they don't come home too pissed off about their bare bellies and coneheads.

meegannie said:
Anyway, money's no object when it comes to my cats' health

I wish every pet owner felt like this. :up:

Good luck with the surgeries. It will probably be hard for them for the first couple of days but I'm sure everything will be fine. And you're doing them both a great favor by having them spayed. They will live much more comfortable, longer and happy lives. :hug:

MsPurrl said:
123107DrFergus.jpg

Happy ending--she improved steadily and is no longer sneezing and seems to be back to her usual self. Maybe because of Dr. Fergus's assistance. :love:

That is so incredibly sweet! :cute:

You guys can billet my tart, Abby, if you're after a snuggly cat. I don't usually mind, but it's summer here and averaging mid 30s and she has long hair. She's actually become excessively clingy over the last year or so. She used to be really flighty and skittish when she was young. She's now 7. Wow, time flies.
:slant:

Snuggly cats. :cute:

Does anyone have an opinions on getting my cats tested and vaccinated for FeLV? Our vet said that they don't need to be vaccinated since they're indoor only. I've read a few things about the vaccination and test, including something from the European Advisory Board on Cat Diseases which says that cats should only be vaccinated if they're at risk. I tend to lean toward, "THEY MUST HAVE EVERYTHING!! :crazy:", but a lot of people seem to be concerned about given cats too many vaccinations and too often. I'm also unsure about the blood test. Is there any use in having the test done if I decide not to get the vaccine?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

meegannie said:
Snuggly cats. :cute:

Does anyone have an opinions on getting my cats tested and vaccinated for FeLV? Our vet said that they don't need to be vaccinated since they're indoor only. I've read a few things about the vaccination and test, including something from the European Advisory Board on Cat Diseases which says that cats should only be vaccinated if they're at risk. I tend to lean toward, "THEY MUST HAVE EVERYTHING!! :crazy:", but a lot of people seem to be concerned about given cats too many vaccinations and too often. I'm also unsure about the blood test. Is there any use in having the test done if I decide not to get the vaccine?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

If they were not tested by the place where you got them, you might want to have them tested, just to be sure. If the tests come out negative, and you are going to keep them indoors (I hope!), you probably wouldn't need to get them vaccinated. If you do decide to have them vacinnated, you might want to consider not having that vacination done at the same as the other shots. The first year we had Callie, she got all of those shots at the same time, and it really laid her low. :(

I only vaccinate Zoey & Saki for the FVRCP booster shot (once every 3 years). This vaccination prevents things like 'cat colds' and I think panleuka - something lol. But these things can be brought in on your clothes/shoes etc so I vaccinate for that.
If you're going to keep them indoors only, I would not vaccinate for rabies or FELV. The chances of them contracting these diseases are slim to none. It just adds extra stress and risk of possible sarcomas. If they've never been tested for FIV or FELV I might have them tested for that but not vaccinated.

U2democrat said:
The last 2 mornings at 3 am Chloe has resorted to yowling as long and as loud as she can because she wants attention.

It gets really annoying. :crack::yawn:

:crack: And does she get her 'headlights' on? I could scream at mine when they do the late night yowling. They never seem to really want to calm down, anyway, and just take off and stalk you from darkened corners if you get up to deal with them. And they get the feral glowing eyes and go racing around the house...
:scream:

Thanks for easing my mind about the vaccination! :) We probably will do the test during one of the spaying follow-up appointments, or a bit later (in addition to the £500 for the surgeries on Friday, I have to pay for my citizenship application soon, which will take a huge chunk of money :eek: ). I wish we could just get it done with the pre-anesthesia blood test to save a trip.

The vet has just given them the first flu injection (I think it's a series of two or three). I think rabies doesn't exist in the UK (hence all the regulations about bringing pets over from the US), so I don't need to worry about that.

They've been sitting with us / on our laps tonight, and being so cute. I can't wait until they're all up to date on their medical stuff and I can stop having nightmares about their spaying!

I wish we could just get it done with the pre-anesthesia blood test to save a trip.

Why cant they? They're drawing blood anyway :confused:

Aw they're on your laps?? :cute: That is so cute.. I didnt know if they were still scared and hiding, you didnt tell us.

cruzila said:
Some more recent pics of mah kitties:

Mr. Luigi
kitties005-1.jpg

Mr. Luigi & PussPuss
NYE007.jpg

PussPuss after a very exciting football match up between the Giants & Eagles

12-6001.jpg

stuff019.jpg

Awwwww! I take it PussPuss is a Giants fan? :wink: The last picture reminds me of one I took of our Callie a while back. She does not have fangs. We adopted her from the Humane Society, where she had been for a couple of months, having been picked up as a stray. When we took her to the vets the first time, they couldn't tell whether her fangs had been pulled, or whether they just had never descended. She doesn't seem to miss them, though.

CallieYawn.jpg

Callie0805.jpg

So I bought this on ebay the other day, I dont want to post it in the ebay thread because they wont understand :lol:

:shifty:

It's a Crazy Cat Lady action figure, and she comes with 6 cats :wink:

crazycatlady.jpg

My bf is going to paint her hair brown :evil:

Sicy said:
So I bought this on ebay the other day, I dont want to post it in the ebay thread because they wont understand :lol:

crazycatlady.jpg

so are u the Crazy Cat Lady?????

:reject:

:giggle:

Sicy said:

crazycatlady.jpg

:lmao:

I want one!!! Only six cats though? I'd have to get an extra pack of cats.... :uhoh: :reject:

Sicy said:

crazycatlady.jpg

Love it! Okay if I send this picture to my cousin in Virginia? She has six cats, two dogs, a rabbit, a rat, and two sons! :crazy:

Oh no..... :(

Their appt is this Friday right? I would call the vet and let them know and see what they say about that. Most vets will still spay a cat in heat, but they might charge more because sometimes it can be more risky. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom