For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
indra said:
Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes.

Unfortunately I got MiloGuido's diagnosis today and it is very bad. He has feline leukemia and is fading fast. I have an appointment at noon tomorrow to have him put to down. I suppose I could wait a few more days, but he's not happy now and will only get worse. I won't make him suffer more because I want to keep him longer. He likes to sleep on me and this morning as I was lying in bed patting him I had the feeling this wasn't going to end happily. I hate it when I'm right about this kind of thing.

I've had MiloGuido for just over 10 years -- he strayed in just before Christmas in 1997 -- and he's always been a handsome and personable cat. I'll miss him so much.

And then the testing of all my other cats will begin next week. I absolutely dread that.

oh my god indra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a million and one :hug: to you!!

My heart is breaking reading your post... this is just the worst... We all are here for you...

I am so sorry! :sad:

indra said:
Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes.

Unfortunately I got MiloGuido's diagnosis today and it is very bad. He has feline leukemia and is fading fast. I have an appointment at noon tomorrow to have him put to down. I suppose I could wait a few more days, but he's not happy now and will only get worse. I won't make him suffer more because I want to keep him longer. He likes to sleep on me and this morning as I was lying in bed patting him I had the feeling this wasn't going to end happily. I hate it when I'm right about this kind of thing.

I've had MiloGuido for just over 10 years -- he strayed in just before Christmas in 1997 -- and he's always been a handsome and personable cat. I'll miss him so much.

And then the testing of all my other cats will begin next week. I absolutely dread that.

Oh, indra--I am so very sorry to hear that. :sad: It's never easy to say goodbye to one of our "furkids", especially those that have been with us for a long time. Those of us who have "been there" are thinking of you and your sweet MiloGuido, and the rest of your kitties. :hug:

Indra I'm so sorry its such bad news :sad: I cant even imagine.. I know it must be very hard for you but you know you're doing the right thing. You dont want him to suffer. So sad... you will both be in my thoughts and I pray that the other cats are ok. :hug: Do they get vaccinations?

I'm so sorry about MG Indra - it's so hard to let them go but it sounds like the kindest choice for him under the circumstances. Thinking good thoughts for your other cats, hopefully they all will be Felv negative :hug:

Thanks everyone.

It's hard for me because I'll miss him, but it was right for MiloGuido. Until these last few days MG was always happy, exuberant and full of vigour. I'm so glad he didn't suffer a long decline.

If there's a cat heaven he's there now with comfy people to sleep on, loads of tasty food, and lots of fat, slow mice, birds, squirrels, etc. to chase.

Here are a couple of pics of MG. The first is from several years ago (he loved that basket) and the second is from this morning.

milobasketcase.jpg

miloguido012.jpg

I'm sorry for your loss, Indra. My boyfriend had to put one of his cats to sleep this past summer because of cancer, it was really sad.

This is Schwantz, another of my bf's cats:
1909321606_646ca46d23_b.jpg

He's pretty goofy.

"The Rainbow Bridge" always makes me cry, too--I am hoping that's the way it really is!

madonna's child said:
I'm sorry for your loss, Indra. My boyfriend had to put one of his cats to sleep this past summer because of cancer, it was really sad.

This is Schwantz, another of my bf's cats:
1909321606_646ca46d23_b.jpg

He's pretty goofy.

Awwwww . . . he looks a lot like my sister's cat Tommy Jeter.

Here's a picture of Fergus, "helping" me wrap Christmas presents. :wink:

122507FergusInTheBox.jpg

Indra, I'm so sorry.

Sicy, your cat looks an awful lot like my Phoebe! Wow.

Recently, Phoebe has started licking me a lot. If she's in a loving mood, she'll just lick my hand and keep licking until I finally pull it away. Or my chin, cheeks, whatever. It's so weird - I've never had a cat who liked to lick so much. With other cats, it's been one little lick to say "yeah, okay, I guess I love you, now go away."

Maybe she just likes my lotion?

Awww Schwantz is such a cute cat!! :cute:!! Fergus looks like he likes to help too :giggle:

cori that's really cute about the licking. Most cats dont lick too much. I think its sweet. :D

Here's a few from last night/today.

Saki

mebeanzcuddle2.jpg

mebeanzcuddlebw.jpg

sakilicking1207.jpg

kidslivroomtree.jpg

Zoey

booboopinktreeout.jpg

booboopinktree.jpg

And Snowflake and Patches :cute:

snowpattycuddle.jpg

Okay people, I have a cat dilemma. First of all, I'm not a cat person, I'm a dog person (we lost our 12 yr old lab we'd had since she was 4 months a year and a half ago :sad: ) and I've been feeling a huge void, but I'm not sure that my lifestyle is conducive to taking on a puppy right now, so I've decided to give it six months or a year, and see how things are then before committing.

While I'm not a cat person, per se, there have been individual cats I've fallen in love with - I've had two cats so far, both for well over 10 years.

For the past week, there's been a cat outside my house meowing and crying all hours of the day and night. Mostly, it just annoyed me. Late last night I heard it very loudly and since I was hoping to get to sleep at some point, I opened my front door to shoo it away. It ran two steps, came to a complete halt, turned around and came to my door, and then started trying to stick its head and paws into my mail slot. :cute: My cold, black heart completely melted. We were petting it through the door, and it was purring like crazy, lapping up the attention. :love:

Today, we've brought it into the house a few times. It's soooo affectionate! My other two cats were snotty and standoffish :heart: so this was quite a change. So far today we've snuggled it 80 million times, fed it, checked its gender (girl kitty :cute: ) and last time it was in, we unofficially named it. :reject:

We're sunk, aren't we? We now pretty much have ourselves a cat, right?

To what lengths do I need to go to find out if it belongs to someone before we make it official? IMO, anyone who would leave a cat out 24 hours a day for a week doesn't deserve a cat. :| Both my previous cats were strictly house cats, and that's the way I'd raise this one, if we kept it. But, it also could be lost, and if that's the case, I'd hate to be depriving a small child of its pet, you know?

What do I do? :scream:

Btw, I don't really ever browse this thread, but looking at the pictures, both of my previous cats had the same colouring as Sicy's Patches. :cute: And ironically, the second of those two cats came to us in pretty much the same way, as a little kitten hanging around our house in the winter that we decided to take in.

I would call the local shelters and vets, let them you know have a cat of its description in case an owner calls them. Definitely have it checked for a chip. If not, I'd say you should be able to keep it. I would make sure it goes to the vet and gets tested for certain things to make sure your cats won't be exposed. I'm not sure if it's OK to give a cat vaccinations if you're not sure whether it's already had them, but there's no harm in de-worming again just for good measure.

VP,
yeah, I think what kelly suggested is best. I take it, there is no collar or tag right? If you can take to a vet and see if there is a chip or not. If you feel strongly about making sure it doesn't belong to anyone. Make a few flyers and post around the neighborhood. I know that ur falling in love and doing that would be hard because it may belong to someone and there is that chance that you would have to give it up. Clearly its up to you and your conscious. Good luck and just know we all have been there... :hug:

Yep you can put up found cat flyers in the neighborhood, call the vets, spca and see if its microchipped. Until you do all that I agree with Lies. I really wouldnt let it interact with your existing cats until it has a vet checkup, because being outside you dont know if it has a disease, fleas, etc. She sounds really cute :cute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom