For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sicy said:
zoeypinktreehang2.jpg

What a great picture! Look at that opposable thumb!

"When I go into the bathroom and shut the door, they paw at the door until I open it, then just sit there and watch me."

Fergus sits outside the closed door and just *howls*. MrPurrl says that Ferg is saying, "Help! I'm trapped in the rest of the house!" :wink:

Sicy that tree is awesome!

I'm really excited about the present I just bought Chloe. It's a collapsable tunnel/chute thing and the best part, the material is all crinkley! :hyper:

It's essentially like a tunnel of tissue paper, so I hope she likes it :D

Beckham had roundworm. He did not have any symptoms with blood, thank goodness, but he threw up worm so it was easy to diagnose. I treated him and Posh (the only other cat at the time) with multiple rounds of worming meds from the vet.

I hope they feel better soon!

:cute:

Chloe gave me the best present ever.

For whatever reason the last 6 months she has refused to sleep with anybody, and has spent the night down stairs. Everynight when i try to get her to settle down on my bed she takes off and runs downstairs.

Well at some point last night, probably around 3 am she jumped up onto my bed. I was lying on my side with my legs bent and she curled up in the crook of my knees and rested her head on my feet :cute: Merry Christmas to me!

Otto seems to love sleeping in the crooks when we are on the couch, or when Maddy is asleep. He hasn't slept in our bed for a while now, but he was there on & off the last couple of nights.

IMG_1049.jpg

Pokey and Jack got into the Christmas spirit and slept together on my bed. It is rare my cats sleep anyways near each other.

Awww that is so cute. It's also rare for Zoey & Saki to sleep that close to each other :cute:

Here is one of my Christmas presents from daafish. :love:! My Saki beanz :love:

sakipainting.jpg

U2democrat said:

Chloe gave me the best present ever.

For whatever reason the last 6 months she has refused to sleep with anybody, and has spent the night down stairs. Everynight when i try to get her to settle down on my bed she takes off and runs downstairs.

Well at some point last night, probably around 3 am she jumped up onto my bed. I was lying on my side with my legs bent and she curled up in the crook of my knees and rested her head on my feet :cute: Merry Christmas to me!

Awwwwww, that's so sweet! Merry Christmas, indeed. I usually sleep on my side, with Callie behind my knees and Fergus by my stomach--with the Appalachian Mountains between them, MrPurrl says. ;) I love cats!

Saki was being sooo smooshy with Daddy tonite I had to snap a couple of pics :cute:

yimsakicute1207.jpg

yimsakicute21207.jpg

yimsaki1207.jpg

He really is so adorable when he's in a smooshy mood. He tries to climb up my shoulder and he purrs and rubs his face against mine and licks my earlobes :giggle: I've never had a cat be so loving on my face. That's more of a 'dog' thing :lol: I just want to kiss him and squeeze him so hard when he does that!

MiloGuido is going to the vet in the morning. He's feeling kinda puny -- not eating well (MG is never late for dinner, but hasn't been eating well for the past couple of days); he's lost weight (which wouldn't be a bad thing, but not this way); his coat has gotten a bit unkempt over the last few days; he isn't as exuberant as he normally is; and his breath is pretty bad (it usually isn't bad). I'm thinking he probably has some tooth/mouth issues which make eating uncomfortable. I'll find out soon enough....

indra said:
MiloGuido is going to the vet in the morning. He's feeling kinda puny -- not eating well (MG is never late for dinner, but hasn't been eating well for the past couple of days); he's lost weight (which wouldn't be a bad thing, but not this way); his coat has gotten a bit unkempt over the last few days; he isn't as exuberant as he normally is; and his breath is pretty bad (it usually isn't bad). I'm thinking he probably has some tooth/mouth issues which make eating uncomfortable. I'll find out soon enough....

Awwwwww, indra, I hope he'll be okay! :(

MsPurrl said:

Awwwwww, indra, I hope he'll be okay! :(

Thanks. :)

Well, it doesn't seem to be his teeth. He does have a pronounced heart murmur though. And his mouth/gums were quite pale. They took blood and urine samples to send off for testing and are thinking he might have hyperthyroidism. So it's going to be a day or so before I know more.

I get the sneaking suspicion this isn't going to be cheap.... :(

Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes.

Unfortunately I got MiloGuido's diagnosis today and it is very bad. He has feline leukemia and is fading fast. I have an appointment at noon tomorrow to have him put to down. I suppose I could wait a few more days, but he's not happy now and will only get worse. I won't make him suffer more because I want to keep him longer. He likes to sleep on me and this morning as I was lying in bed patting him I had the feeling this wasn't going to end happily. I hate it when I'm right about this kind of thing.

I've had MiloGuido for just over 10 years -- he strayed in just before Christmas in 1997 -- and he's always been a handsome and personable cat. I'll miss him so much.

And then the testing of all my other cats will begin next week. I absolutely dread that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom