For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. In fact, I wasn't aware of it at all until I looked at your chair yesterday. I was quite taken aback!

When she was a kitten she destroyed our ugly college house couch. I should dig up the before and after...

LOL, these were in an e-mail from Kenya's breeder...

2098947579_d120d413f6_o.jpg

2099726986_a03a642ae1_o.jpg

2098947703_32287ef297_o.jpg

2098947893_d02bb33c0f_o.jpg

2099727288_16674a399e_o.jpg

2099727346_58f0d89e4a.jpg

indra said:
A couple more pics of LBC (still haven't figured out a better name for him :reject: ).

LBCpicsdec92007002.jpg

LBCpicsdec92007008.jpg

Overall he's doing great. He wanted out really bad yesterday -- yowled and cried at the doors and windows for a few hours. But eventually he got over it and he's better today. I'm sure he'd go if he got a chance, but I'm making sure he doesn't get the chance. He found the bed and loves to sleep on the pillows. Comfort loving little devil. :)

He's gorgeous--I do love black cats! :love:

A scratching post was definitely mandatory for us. We bought a really nice sofa, chair, and footstool set this year (partly a houswarming/birthday/Christmas gift from Sam's parents). I guess only time will tell if the cat's actually use what we've bought for them.

Biscuit has already investigated the cat tree at least. I put treats on all the levels, and when I opened the door last night to check on the cats, Biscuit was perched on one of the upper levels. She came out yesterday for a bit when Sam and I were both in the room, but Jasmine was too scared and stayed under the futon. This morning I came in to feed them, and both cats crept out. :hyper:

indra said:
A couple more pics of LBC (still haven't figured out a better name for him :reject: ).

LBCpicsdec92007002.jpg

LBCpicsdec92007008.jpg

Overall he's doing great. He wanted out really bad yesterday -- yowled and cried at the doors and windows for a few hours. But eventually he got over it and he's better today. I'm sure he'd go if he got a chance, but I'm making sure he doesn't get the chance. He found the bed and loves to sleep on the pillows. Comfort loving little devil. :)

Oh my gosh indra :ohmy: He's beautiful!!!! (I looooooove black cats!)

awwww .. can I have him?!?! :wink:

Here's a couple more photo's of my Kitty Lou :) They were taken a while ago, I'll have to take some more soon! I love this one of her peeking through the french doors downstairs :)

10410023.jpg

and this one just makes me laugh :) Don't look at the crack in the wall though :uhoh:

45640020.jpg

:D

Last edited:
meegannie said:
A scratching post was definitely mandatory for us. We bought a really nice sofa, chair, and footstool set this year (partly a houswarming/birthday/Christmas gift from Sam's parents). I guess only time will tell if the cat's actually use what we've bought for them.

Biscuit has already investigated the cat tree at least. I put treats on all the levels, and when I opened the door last night to check on the cats, Biscuit was perched on one of the upper levels. She came out yesterday for a bit when Sam and I were both in the room, but Jasmine was too scared and stayed under the futon. This morning I came in to feed them, and both cats crept out. :hyper:

Very good, little by little they will warm up :applaud:

Now where are the pics!?

meegannie said:

I bought a scratching post/ cat tree earlier this year, as for some reason Columbus started scratching the lounge suite. Unfortunately he will not go near it:mad: Jewel is terrific, and uses it all the time, but Columbus has now managed to WRECK the lounge completely - We are going to have to buy a new one as it is a disgrace!!!

Anybody got any bright ideas about how I can stop Columbus scratching the new lounge?

There's a spray called Bitter Apple you might be able to spray on there (not sure if you have it in Aus). Also wrapping in foil or plastic, but that might not look so nice. Maybe try putting a hanging scratcher right there on the couch or by it.

It's finals week, which means Friday I go home for 5 weeks to be with Chloe :D

(Though it kind of sucks, I only have 1 exam today and 1 exam friday, with nothing to do Tues-Thurs :shrug: )

I'm loving all the photos! :cute:

A few weeks ago when I got up, I didn't see Fergus anywhere. When I went into the kitchen, I heard a little chirp. When I turned on the light, I saw him on top of a cabinet that is about 5-1/2 feet tall. He is so big that the cabinet doesn't look all that big/tall, but it is. ;)

Fergus111907.jpg

Nice work Fergus! I often find Posh on top of my bookshelf, and it's 7 feet!! For some reason she likes to get up there and chase her own tail. It's the only thing she does up there, and the only place she will chase her tail. :shrug:

My cat Maurice works very hard to uphold his dog hating image by putting on great displays of hissing when our dog Sugar tries to play with him. But every once in awhile we catch him off guard. Last night they were curled up together on Sugar's blanket and the cat was licking the dogs fur. If he would stop, Sugar would give him a nudge with her nose and he'd continue. Sugar's tail would wag just the tinyiest bit each time because she knows if her big ol furry tail wags too much the cat hates it. Hahah they were too funny... I'll have to try and get pics sometime.

waynetravis said:
Thanks for your xmas card, Sicy :yippie:

You're welcome :wink:

So... Snowflake & Patches brought me a Christmas present this morning :scream: :barf:

Oh well its the thought that counts right :huh:

Yes, all Zoey & Saki kill are bugs (well after they 'play' with them for an hour) :lol: :heart:

Fergus (former outdoor cat) eats them, too. MrPurrl has saved many bugs from certain death at the fangs of Sir Fergus. During the first months we Ferg indoors, whenever he would eat, he would be "talking to himself." We thought it was probably a hold-over from foraging outside: "Thank you, God, for this bug." :love:

Last edited:
When I first got Jack, he used to get the dry heaves whenever he saw a bug. If I didn't get it away from him, he'd eventually throw up. He's toughened up a bit since then :wink:

There's a family of stray cats that live in a drain pipe out in front of my dorm. I really hope they're not in there when it rains because that thing floods so easily...:(

People have been really nice to them though.

I might be getting a foster cat. My friend found a cat and another friend wants to adopt it, but she currently lives with her parents and her mom HATES animals (it's crazy, I've never met someone so nice that hates ALL animals). She had spayed/neutered and litter trained her domestic rabbits and her mom still makes her keep them at their neighbor's in their rabbit hutches. Anyway, I told her I would foster this cat under two conditions: 1) must not have any litterbox issues and 2) must be de-wormed, rabies and distemper vacced, and test negative for FIV and fel leuk. I don't vaccinate for leukemia because mine all tested negative and never come into contact with other cats and Posh does not get rabies because of a reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom