For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:D

This is a neat pic, someone sent me in an email.

cattongue.jpg

Hey Sicy - do any pics of Otto work for you during your boredom? :flirt:

That cat tongue pic is very interesting!
Nice new avatar Amy! Meow!

Lila64 said:
Hey Sicy - do any pics of Otto work for you during your boredom? :flirt:

That cat tongue pic is very interesting!
Nice new avatar Amy! Meow!

teehee.... thanks..

courtesy of Queen of Boredom and photoshop extraordinaire, Sicy. :D

It looks great :up:

Bonofox that is a gorgeous baby you have there!
Stormy reminds me of my feral cat Snowflake :cute:

snowflake6-07.jpg

We're going to look at two cats on Satuday (female litter mates, 15-16 months old). They're both un-spayed, un-vaccinated, and un-chipped, though, so there will be a lot of medical expenses if we decide to take them.

U2Fanatic I'm so glad you like it, I think its really cute :D

Meggie, isnt there a shelter you can adopt from that does all that for you (then includes it in the adoption fee) ?? That's how it works here, they will almost never adopt a cat out without getting it spayed/neutered and shots first. Unless they are coming from a private party, in which case, I would like to tell them off for the cats being that old and never being fixed or taken care of! :|

Sicy said:

Meggie, isnt there a shelter you can adopt from that does all that for you (then includes it in the adoption fee) ?? That's how it works here, they will almost never adopt a cat out without getting it spayed/neutered and shots first. Unless they are coming from a private party, in which case, I would like to tell them off for the cats being that old and never being fixed or taken care of! :|

I think the indoor cat thing is a problem. My understanding is that in the UK they have almost opposite rules - the cats have to be let outside - and they don't have nearly as many strays and unwanted cats. Around here, I know of one single rescue that has over 200 cats! And that's just one of many rescues in this city.

Liesje said:

I think the indoor cat thing is a problem. My understanding is that in the UK they have almost opposite rules - the cats have to be let outside - and they don't have nearly as many strays and unwanted cats. Around here, I know of one single rescue that has over 200 cats! And that's just one of many rescues in this city.

That is the strangest rule ever. I can't understand why they have to be outside over in the UK.

Sicy said:

What Lies said. The RSPCA has a thing about cats being free to express "natural behaviour" and come and go as they please. There are a couple of non-RSPCA affiliated shelters in Norfolk, but none nearby, and they never answer their phones. :angry:

Anyway, the current owner took the cats in when a friend died, and they've been living in a cattery with an outdoor run from what it sounds like. I'm a bit wary and want to see them first to see how healthy they look, but I'm not too confident in my ability to say no, especially since it's not the cats' fault if they've not been cared for properly. :slant: This weakness will probably be my downfall when I end up taking in two pregnant, diseased cats and can't pay my mortgage due to vet bills!

Meggie :hug: but you'd be saving two cats lives. They would be such lucky cats. I just cant believe that's how it is there. That sounds horrible :(

If they are healthy, once you get them fixed and shots and checked out then they should be fine after that. The only main expenses would be food and litter. Cats are really cheap, unless they have a habit of getting sick or having medical issues.

Sicy said:
Meggie :hug: but you'd be saving two cats lives. They would be such lucky cats. I just cant believe that's how it is there. That sounds horrible :(

If they are healthy, once you get them fixed and shots and checked out then they should be fine after that. The only main expenses would be food and litter. Cats are really cheap, unless they have a habit of getting sick or having medical issues.

I really don't think they'll be TOO bad off because the lady who has them now breeds Siamese cats. The only strange thing is that she kept talking about how beautiful the ginger cat, but didn't mention what the other looks like. I'll probably end up feeling sorry for the less beautiful one and like it more. :lol:

I just hope they can warm to us and to our house (without destroying anything expensive!). Sam's never had any pets before, I haven't had any in nearly seven years. I feel like a first time parent, and keep having nightmares about being a horrible cat owner. :yikes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom