For Cat Lovers Only IX - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc. - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #166
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by waynetravis

Right now my mum and I are giving each other the silent treatment because today I told her I was fed up with everything lately.

Why is SHE giving you the silent treatment???

She has no reason to be mad, you have all and every reason to be

Old 11-01-2007, 07:48 PM   #167
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Butterscotch
I don't want to cause any more pain here, but how sure are you that was the same cat's body or that there actually was a body? Are you sure it's him? Where is it now? This sounds kind of suspicous to me. Maybe because I had a friend whose Siamese disappeared and someone on the next street said they saw her dead in the road and the highway dept. took the body away. The highway dept. never goes on local back streets. The entire disappearance was fishy to me and I always wondered if maybe someone stole the cat, or murdered her, or her live in boyfriend dumped her somewhere and lied. I don't want to upset anyone or give false hope or false reason to question what was said, but until there is more evidence I would wonder if it were my cat.

the description of the cat seen was pretty unique. The likelihood that it was anything that extreme is doubtful.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:02 AM   #168
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:59 AM
I never visit this thread. Still, I read what happened and Wayne, wanted to let you know I'm sorry for your loss
Old 11-02-2007, 07:04 AM   #169
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 10:59 AM
I have 2 kitties, we live on a busy road so they're inside cats. We have an outside area that they can run around in.
Today our little cat decided to escape
After searching for half an hour she came bounding over the neighbours fence all excited. I waited for my chance and grabbed her. As soon as she saw the front door she started sqirming.

Now I have a huge scratch on my chin I work in a shop so it's really embarrasing. . . . . . . .

the kitty in question is my avi. . . . . . . I may be changing it soon
Old 11-02-2007, 07:33 AM   #170
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by cinnaminson
I have 2 kitties, we live on a busy road so they're inside cats. We have an outside area that they can run around in.
Today our little cat decided to escape
After searching for half an hour she came bounding over the neighbours fence all excited. I waited for my chance and grabbed her. As soon as she saw the front door she started sqirming.

Now I have a huge scratch on my chin I work in a shop so it's really embarrasing. . . . . . . .

the kitty in question is my avi. . . . . . . I may be changing it soon
One of my cats wants out in the worst way -- he cried at the door for hours last night begging me to just open the door. He actually did dash out and ran to the end of the property, but then he realised he wasn't where he thought he was and let me catch him (we moved a couple of years ago from a very rural area where he could go out to a much more urban area where he can't). When he does dash out and I drag him back in I always hope no people get too close since he gets frightened by that and will scratch me like crazy.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:43 AM   #171
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Babydoll
What kind of sick freak would murder a cat Or even steal it and dump it somewhere?

Wayne also said that the ginger-white kitty was a young male, with a red collar with a little bell and little sparkles on it. Zooropa had the same collar.

To quote this - I think the description seems pretty unique. That was NO WAY for him to go.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:38 AM   #172
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra

One of my cats wants out in the worst way -- he cried at the door for hours last night begging me to just open the door. He actually did dash out and ran to the end of the property, but then he realised he wasn't where he thought he was and let me catch him (we moved a couple of years ago from a very rural area where he could go out to a much more urban area where he can't). When he does dash out and I drag him back in I always hope no people get too close since he gets frightened by that and will scratch me like crazy.
We brought in Fergus, our big ginger cat, as a stray in July 2006; and he hasn't been outside since (except to go to the vet in the cat carrier, of course). When we get home and open the door, he is *right there*, and we shout, "Back back back!" I think that if he really wanted to get out, he would just leap over our legs or shopping bags or whatever. Callie hasn't shown much interest in going outside since we got her from the Humane Society in February 2005--she had been a stray (possibly abandoned, possibly abused), and her little toe pads were all rough.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #173
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:59 PM
wayne, i am so sorry for your loss
Old 11-02-2007, 08:54 PM   #174
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Babydoll
What kind of sick freak would murder a cat Or even steal it and dump it somewhere?

Wayne also said that the ginger-white kitty was a young male, with a red collar with a little bell and little sparkles on it. Zooropa had the same collar.
You'd be surprised at how cruel people can be.

I'm really sorry about your kitty Wayne. He was so adorable.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:31 PM   #175
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Wayne, I am so sorry my friend.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:14 PM   #176
ONE
love, blood, life

I am so so so sorry Wayne I don't know what this experience is like, and I'm sure it's horrible, but I just want to say I understand what you're going through and I truly am devastated to have to imagine what might have happened You're such an amazing person and I hate to have to see you like this

"And I'll send all my loving to you." Beatles
Old 11-03-2007, 04:10 PM   #177
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 04:59 PM
Patches in my lap. (the former feral cat.. yes there is hope for feral cats!)

Old 11-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #178
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 11-04-2007, 12:26 AM   #179
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:59 AM
SO precious!!
Old 11-04-2007, 12:58 AM   #180
Jesus Online

Local Time: 11:59 AM
Wayne and BD, I'm so sorry for you both.

I'd like to post this up, unfortunately it's probably too little too late, but when my Abby took off last year, this site's advice is what (I believe) brought her home again.
http://www.sonic.net/~pauline/sit.html
Bookmark it. I have, and feel the info in it is invaluable. Cats that escape are not easy to find. Cats which are injured or scared are even harder.
Wayne, do you know if little zoo was perhaps still alive after being hit? He may be hiding. We had a cat get hit by a motorbike and then a car, when I was younger, and he took off for 5 days. We'd almost given up hope when he appeared on the laundry window one night (his usual spot to sit when he was hungry). He also had no broken bones or injuries. He was just too frightened to come home earlier.