For Cat Lovers Only III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My cats do the "Let's all play and raise holy hell!" in the middle of the night too. They hang out in a finsihed attic with a stairway up to it from my bedroom, and they sound like a herd of elephants up there sometimes (except they sometimes make these astonishing cat screeches). :yikes:

And occasionally a few of them will get into spats when they are sleeping on me. That's just a lovely experience. :rolleyes: :wink:

Ace is so cute, so is Luna!

Jez is, my little tiger, is a red tabby (or ginger as people call them:mad: ).

I've got a picture of him but I'm not sure how to do it :sad:

I did try to use the picture on my profile but it doesn't seem to be working :scream:

kellyahern said:
One of the antibiotics Worf is on is supposed to mixed with water, then refridgerated and not used after 10 days. I mixed the first bottle last week and now it's done. I go to open the package for the second bottle, ready to add the water - and it's already added :angry: . Of course, I haven't refridgerated it because I didn't know it was already mixed, so it has turned a yucky brown color.

It wasn't cheap either :banghead:.

I called the vet to ask for a refill on the one that expired and, since I'm working late, asked my father if he could pick it up. The vet gave him a refill of the whole order of medicine from last time, instead of just the one bottle :huh:. So now I have 4 extra bottles of antibiotic - $70 - yay.

Molly Bloom said:
my guy emailed me this pic
2005-06-22.jpg

What the??? :huh:

Same for me, BUT, some long hair cats may occasionally need to be shaved if they have matts or other problems. But I see no reason why a short hair cat (like that one) would need to be shaved. :slant:

Lila64 said:
that's called animal cruelty to me :sad:

not really... for example my harold got into some spilt sticky stuff and his fur was all matted and horrible... he couldnt groom himself so he had to get the lion shave... that little guy in the pic had been abandoned and his fur was matted beyond help, from what my guy says his friend said... so they had to shave him...

i would never do anything to hurt my babies, or any animal so i assure you it is ok..
some even like it when the weather is hot... once they are over the embarassment!!:ohmy:

Sicy said:
Same for me, BUT, some long hair cats may occasionally need to be shaved if they have matts or other problems. But I see no reason why a short hair cat (like that one) would need to be shaved. :slant:

he had been abandoned and someone had stuck stuff in his fur (gum and it seemed motor oil or sommat)... he was living on the streets for a while before my guy's friend took him in and he had no choice...

Glad your guy (friend?) rescued him, I'm sure a shave is better than what he would have continued to endure on the street.

Sicy said:
Glad your guy (friend?) rescued him, I'm sure a shave is better than what he would have continued to endure on the street.

yes it is a friend of my boyfriend... he is a really big gruff guy that goes all soft when he see animals :D

i have another friend who had to shave a kit kit he rescued from a bad house... she is an orange persian named gizmo ... he had to have her shaved when he first got her
here she is now
unknown.jpg

one of my dear friends in LA runs a kitty rescue so i am always getting cute pics and sweet stories from her... i have talked several of my friends into taking kitties :D

What's your favourite cat breed?

I love tortoishell's and Tabbys but I also love Chinchilla's and Abyssians

Aww fluff muff :cute:

I love all breeds :drool:

I really wanted a gray striped tabby when I was looking to adopt... but the solid grays just kept catching me :D

I understand if that cat has to be shaved for the reasons you mentioned... But if it's just for looks, then that's what I think is cruel.

Gizmo = :cute:

Lila64 said:
I understand if that cat has to be shaved for the reasons you mentioned... But if it's just for looks, then that's what I think is cruel.

Gizmo = :cute:

oh i agree... i am glad to say i have never heard of anyone doing it just for looks... not like they would tell me if they had :p

yes she is the sweetest cat... so so lovely and soft.... i miss her when i haven't been to LA for a bit!!

Molly Bloom said:

yes it is a friend of my boyfriend... he is a really big gruff guy that goes all soft when he see animals :D

i have another friend who had to shave a kit kit he rescued from a bad house... she is an orange persian named gizmo ... he had to have her shaved when he first got her
here she is now
unknown.jpg

one of my dear friends in LA runs a kitty rescue so i am always getting cute pics and sweet stories from her... i have talked several of my friends into taking kitties :D

:cute:

bowl-o-cat :cute:

Shaved kitty looked scarily like my Jack Flash. He was still asleep when my alarm went off this morning, and managed to snuggle into my warm spot in bed in less time than it took for me to hit snooze, then wouldn't budge.

He ran around the apartment later in the morning instead!

if you guys don't mind I've got a question

how often do your cats bit/nip at you

no matter how affectionate my cat is being, she still bites me (today she started gnawing on my arm for no apparent reason):huh:

I'm Ready said:

no matter how affectionate my cat is being, she still bites me (today she started gnawing on my arm for no apparent reason):huh:

:laugh: Zoey bites/nips even when she's being affectionate. Sometimes if they are 'overstimulated' with affection they will nip to tell you they've had enough, or they will nip if they are playing with you.

I'm Ready said:

I have several who do it pretty often. Does your kitty have claws? I ask because declawed cats tend to be "bitey-er" than non-declaws...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom