For Cat Lovers Only III - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2006, 11:07 PM   #301
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Molly Bloom

Old 06-02-2006, 11:08 PM   #302
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern

The pet store didn't have those , but it did have something called "At Ease" which seems like the same thing (pheronomes). I sprayed a little on a cloth and had her sniff it, but it didn't seem to affect her . . . of course, she's not in a stressful situation now .
That's weird. Well I know you can order them online.

Old 06-03-2006, 02:47 PM   #303
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:02 AM
I just got both the Rescue Remedy and the plug-in Feliway thing for the upcoming move from the Drs. Foster & Smith website. I tried out the RR on the cats the other night and didn't notice a difference in them, but of course they weren't too stressed out when I tried it... that is until I tried to squirt it in their mouths. The stuff has a good bit of alcohol in it - 27% - so I guess it's like giving your cats a mixed drink before their trip.

Since the stuff is intended to be used by humans as a nutritional supplement ("gentle, safe, effective treatment for the whole family"), as an experiment I tried a few drops ... tastes like pure alcohol and I didn't notice any difference in my mood, but then again, I wasn't too stressed out when I took it.

My cats were much more interested in the Feliway bottle after I opened it to check it out. I'm waiting to use it in the new place so we'll see how well that really works in a couple of weeks. If my little Gordon starts playing with his cat toys again, then I'll say it works.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #304
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 07:02 AM
The "At Ease" didn't really seem to make a difference today, but at least Worf got a clean bill of health .

I saw that amazon.com sells Feliway too, so the next time we go to the vet, I'll try to order it in advance. But hopefully that will be a long time from now.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:51 PM   #305
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I'm so lucky that Jack Flash travels like a pro. He carries on once I get him in his carrier (AKA his "mobile home"), but once we're on the road, he goes right to sleep. I can drive three hours to my parents' house or four hours to visit a friend in Massachusetts, and he doesn't make a peep.

I learned my lesson, though. There's one windy road near my parents' house that makes him Needless to say, we take a different route!
Old 06-04-2006, 04:17 PM   #306
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:02 AM
Ok so I finally have a question for all the cat lovers here. How often do you wash your cat? Now that the weather has warmed up quite a bit I'm thinking it's a great time to dunk Pita into the bath.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:08 PM   #307
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Cats dont need to be bathed. They are self-cleaning... lol.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:32 PM   #308
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:02 AM
Old 06-04-2006, 10:49 PM   #309
Babyface

Local Time: 11:02 AM
I washed my cat once. She was pissed as all hell, but she needed it after a roll in a pile of mud next to a flooded river
I probably still have scars
Reason # 1 you don't bathe a cat!
Old 06-04-2006, 11:03 PM   #310
Jesus Online

Local Time: 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Cleasai
Ok so I finally have a question for all the cat lovers here. How often do you wash your cat? Now that the weather has warmed up quite a bit I'm thinking it's a great time to dunk Pita into the bath.
Mine get washed perhaps once a year, sometimes less. It's true they dont need it, however I have two long haired cats and grooming them is a task on it's own. Occasionally, especially the chinchilla, gets irritated skin which I treat with bathing her in a special wash for. The Hymalayan gets a bath too, simply because she stinks like an old attic and is so dusty and unable to wash her incredibly thick coat deep enough. I do this in the first month or 2 of summer when their winter coats are shedding out and it's warmer for them to spend the next day or so damp.

Here's my pooches
Zoe:

Abby:
Old 06-04-2006, 11:29 PM   #311
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Depends on the cat. I successfully bathed Beckham once, during which he sunk ALL of the teeth in his upper jaw into my wrist. I still have a scar that's a perfect impression of his teeth. I'll never bathe him again. He doesn't need it - he never gets greasy and he never smells like anything. We gave Posh a bath a few weeks ago because she smelled really bad. Max has had about 5 baths in the past few months because he continuously escaped to torment a duck nesting under a bush. The bush is in a very muddy location, so each time Max, who is mostly white and has all his claws, would come out filthy with his claws full of dirt.

In general, we never bathe a cat unless they stink or got into some mud.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:53 PM   #312
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Angie they're gorgeous
Old 06-05-2006, 12:04 AM   #313
Refugee

Local Time: 05:02 AM
Quote:
We wash our Sophie once every week to two weeks. However, she's a sphynx and they have to be wiped down here and there to get rid of the oils and stuff. She always feels soft and smells good afterward.

We never wash our other cats though. My mom used to wash my old cat Snuggles a while ago, but she was really fat and couldn't wash herself.

Angela Harlem--your cats are beautiful!!! So fluffy
Old 06-05-2006, 12:06 AM   #314
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
Cats dont need to be bathed. They are self-cleaning... lol.
Smartass

Seriously though Pita has been kinda lazy lately when it comes to the self cleaning cycle. Although she howls as if she's drowning (which she isn't) she's generally pretty good about not biting/scratching me. I just have to put a rubber mat in the bath so she doesn't slide around and freak out.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:27 AM   #315
Refugee

Important news!

I taught Luna how to play fetch! I have videos to prove, but first I have to upload to a site. Anyway, what's hilarious is that she won't play fetch with my roommate, who happens to be Luna's papa.

I'm her new daddy!