For Cat Lovers Only III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Ready said:
I was at someones house and they had this depressing cat who for some reason would not leave the coat closet, and when I tried to pet it it just meowed until I left it alone

what a sad existence:(

How sad. I hope it doesn't have FIP. When Eden started getting bad she sat in the same spot for about three weeks. If anyone pet her, she'd yelp or meow. She stopped eating and drinking and became so dehydrated I had to give her food and water through a syringe. It could just be old and/or cranky, I guess, but it seems weird a cat would hide in a closet and not move unless there was something wrong with the cat. I'm probably just paranoid because of what happened to our cat. Anytime any of the other cats show any sign of lethargy (which is often now since it's so HOT), my roomie freaks out and says they're getting "fips".

Sounds like what I would call an "indoor feral". I know several fellow volunteers/rescuers who have cats like this in thier homes...in other words, shy, scared, want to do thier own thing. The kitties among these who seem happiest are the ones who have other cat companions (with similar shy personalities).

My cat Major, who ran away last summer :sad: , was an indoor feral. He hid most of the day. You couldn't pick him up or walk up to him. He would run away. At night he would come out and jump in bed with me. He would let me pet him if I was laying down. He'd stay for hours if I'd pet him for that long. He'd also let you pet him if you were on the couch.

He was born feral and was rescued. I don't know if he ever got over it though. I miss that chubby little guy.
:(

100_0095.jpg

I'm so proud of my Beckham! I finally got moved into our new place on Saturday. This is Beckham's fourth home, all including totally different families, in the past month. He came in, sniffed around a bit, and found a window sill to lay in. No running away scared or hiding for days! He loves the new house, it's his palace. There's a huge, gross, dark unfinished basement for hiding and catching bugs, a big picture window that goes almost to the floor for watching squirrels, and tons of windows to sit in (our old place had only one window that wasn't in someone's bedroom). He's playing, sleeping, eating, and acting completely normal, no signs of stress. I guess it helps that unlike Melissa's house and my parent's house, this house smells just like the old place. Also, Melissa is dogsitting her family dog and he comes to our house. Beckham used to be terrified of dogs, but now they touch noses and follow each other around.

Poshie found a hiding place in my room and spent a day there, but she came out to explore at night. Last night I had to kick her out because there's not a litter box in my room anymore, but she was running around with Beckham this morning so I think she's getting more curious rather than fearful.

Phil might have to move to Florida this summer and I can't go so he might take Beckham to keep him company. I feel better knowing that he's gotten so used to moving.

Wow that's pretty crazy. I guess if you move them around alot when they're young they can get used to it.

Saki is so freaking funny... a took a short video of him just now. I had a box of the ferals' food on the table and he had his way with it lol.. keep in mind the box is FULL.

I know this is a cat thread, but today one of my housemates got a baby dutch bunny and named her Brooklyn, because it's our new street and because we already have Posh and Becks so we need Brooklyn, Romeo, and Cruz. She's such a cute bunny! I thought it was a bad idea at first because rabbits are so skittish, but this bunny didn't even notice the cats sniffing her. We're litter training her so she can be out of the cage.

I didn't have time to take a pic, but Brookie looks just like this one (same dark brown):
nougat%20clipart6.gif

back from the vet. Will ate something he wasn't supposed to. :mad: Good news, he'll be fine in a few days. Bad news, the bill. :angry:

He was a good boy at the vet though. He loves the car and just sat on the exam table until the vet came in to look at him. He didn't like it very much when she went to take his temperature but that's understandable.

thank god I bought the bissle spot-bot. :heart:

What did he eat? He's lucky he'll be ok.. obstructions are one of the most dangerous things. :(

I still have no clue what he ate. :mad:
He's still not eating much. I bought some canned food to try and entice him and that seems to be working.

However, I just discovered that he has been peeing on my downstairs bathroom rug. :scream: My vet told me to call her on Thursday to tell her how he's doing. He's never done this before, I hope something else isn't wrong.

They could do a urinalysis to see if he has a bladder infection.

Sooo speaking of bladder infections. Saki has a UTI. :sigh: I took him to emergency last night to get antibiotics because my vet was booked up today and I didnt want to wait because males can get blocked very quickly with UTIs and end up needing surgery.

So if you guys ever see your cats going into the litterbox, and it looks like they're doing something, but nothing is in there when they get out... get them to the vet asap especially males.

I can personally attest to Sicy's warning. A close friend of mine had to take her kitty in three times for UTIs. After the third time they decided that if it's going to happen that often then they should go ahead with the surgery. The kitty's now a female (as far as that area is concerned lol) and is doing fine. :hug: for Saki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom