For Cat Lovers Only III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalton said:
:( :sad: :( :sad:

I had to put my brothers cat down last night (he's out of town). I got a call from his wife asking me to come over quick because Bugs couldn't move his back legs.

I took him to the vet and they found out that he had heart disease that had somehow clogged the blood flow to his back legs. It was very, very sad.

He was a cool cat. He had bow legs and patchy hair. His hair was patchy because he was OCD and would like all the time.

:sad:

A dear friend of mine had to do the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago. It's an embolism (blood clot). Once they throw a clot there is practically nothing you can do. I'm so sorry for your brother's loss.

AngelofHarlem01 said:
Hi guys,

I'm a bit freaked out here, I've been looking for some information online but haven't been able to find much, so I figured someone here might know.

Not too long ago I posted a pic of my cat Armani outside sleeping in a flower pot. Well, last night there was a cat sleeping in the plants near the porch with very similar markings, almost identical to my cat. I thought it was Armani. But here's the kicker, as I set some food on the porch for him, he walked towards me but when he looked up at me his eyes were a clear yellow/green and his pupils took up most of his eyes! My cat had crystal blue eyes. I have no idea if this is my cat and he has some sort of problem, or if this is a similar looking cat that wanders around the neighborhood!

Either way, there's something wrong with it. Does anyone know what could cause a cats eyes to suddenly turn that yellow a color all of a sudden? Could there be something wrong with his liver?

I saw my cat a couple of days ago and he looked great. I just don't understand if this is my cat what could have happened to him to cause that dramatic a change so suddenly. I don't know what to do. :(

It doesn't sound like this is Armani...unless what you mean by the eyes being yellow/green is that there is yellow or green discharge coming out of them, which would be the case if the cat has an upper-respiratory infection. If you are talking about the actual colored portion of the eye being yellow/green then it is surely a different cat. Kittens' eyes are always blue, they change as the kitten matures, but I have never heard of an adult cat's eyes changing color. The pupils, I suspect, were so dialated because it was nighttime, and I assume, dark. Cats' pupils, just like ours, dialate when there is less light so they can still see.

So unless I have misread your post, I think you are seeing a different cat. But why would you not have seen Armani in several days? Does he live outside all the time?

I feel guilty interjecting with some happiness...but...I'm leaving work now, and I'm going back to my dad's for the weekend, since my mom and my sister are also visiting. That means...time with my kitties! :cute:

Dalton said:
Thanks everyone. I am taking my cats in on Tuesday to get them checked out. I can't imagine what my wife or I would do if we came home to find our cats in the same state.

It was heartbreaking.

That's a great idea, and even ask them to do a CBC (blood panel) just to make sure all the organs are ok.

Catlady said:

It doesn't sound like this is Armani...unless what you mean by the eyes being yellow/green is that there is yellow or green discharge coming out of them, which would be the case if the cat has an upper-respiratory infection. If you are talking about the actual colored portion of the eye being yellow/green then it is surely a different cat. Kittens' eyes are always blue, they change as the kitten matures, but I have never heard of an adult cat's eyes changing color. The pupils, I suspect, were so dialated because it was nighttime, and I assume, dark. Cats' pupils, just like ours, dialate when there is less light so they can still see.

So unless I have misread your post, I think you are seeing a different cat. But why would you not have seen Armani in several days? Does he live outside all the time?

Thanks for the reply! Yeah he's outdoors full time. We're about 90% sure it's him now after watching some of his characteristics and comparing his markings up close to a photograph. And yes, it's the actual color part of his eyes that are that color. They're looking a little better now though, starting to turn a little more of a greenish blue than yellow. However, the skin inside his ears has a yellow tinge to it as well as a few places on his fur. He's running around playing and eatting just fine so it doesn't seem to have affected him in that respect. One of the thoughts we had was that maybe he had gotten bitten or stung by something, or that maybe he had gotten into some kind of chemical outside and it's just going through his system. But now, due to the yellow tinging inside his ears I'm wondering if it's not Jaundice? :shrug:

well I got a new cat...err...kitten whatever, and like usual I always have the bad luck of getting extremely snobby, devil cats :angry:

IMG_2861.jpg

IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2848.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

and let's not forget Velvet Underground
:sexywink:

its a lot of fun watching him play with my dog I mus admit,but he's not a very affectionate kitten he just wants to play all day...and of course playing for him is using his sharp teeth and claws on me
:grumpy:

Cuuuuuuute! :cute:

Last night my cat was in bed with me as a storm was approaching, and the louder it got the closer she got to me. First, she just had her paw stretched out touching my hand. Then as the thunder rumbled louder she sat on my hand (my fingers went kind of numb). Then as the storm was on top of us and the windows rattled because of the thunder, she decided to stretch out on my legs. I felt special knowing she wanted my comfort :cute:

I was at someones house and they had this depressing cat who for some reason would not leave the coat closet, and when I tried to pet it it just meowed until I left it alone

what a sad existence:(

Maybe its scared of strangers? Saki hides under the bed when people come over.

Sicy said:

Yeah, several of my cats disappear when anyone else is around. Makes it kind of good sometimes as that way I appear a bit less of a crazy cat lady. :)

A couple of my cats that I've had for years have never been seen by anyone but me, my vet, and my niece (because she will crawl under beds and such to track them down, much to the cats chagrin).

U2democrat said:
Yeah, my cat hears strange voices and she's nowhere to be found until everyone's gone.

Mine too. One time a friend stayed over at my house for the weekend, and we didn't see Worf for two days :lol:.

However, earlier this year when my aunt came over, Worf actually came out and sniffed her purse. It shocked me. The funny thing is, my aunt does not like cats :shifty:.

I remember volunteering at this elderly lady's house awhile back and she had a cat that would not go near anyone(her words). Well when I sat down and started talking to her, her cat jumped on my lap and stayed until I had to finish helping her. She was pretty shocked that her cat went near anyone.

Sicy said:

no, it always stays in the closet. the owners said they ownly know she's alive because she comes out when their asleep to use the litter box and eat:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom