For Cat Lovers Only II - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2006, 01:02 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:54 AM
For Cat Lovers Only II

Post pics and discuss your kitties here.

I hope this is ok, Mods.

Old 02-28-2006, 01:03 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

I was about to start a new one
Cuetest kittah > http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...83440&q=kitten

Old 02-28-2006, 01:07 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160

awwwwwwwww i just want to reach through the screen and scratch its little head!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2006, 01:27 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
omg! *sqeeeee* That kitty is so freakin adorable.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:17 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:54 AM
Alright, I need more advice/help/whatever. For those of you that don't know, my housemate got a cat, Eden, from a local shelter that is very disgusting and houses over 200 cats. When we got Eden, she had an eye infection which we've treated and cured. Also, since we got her, she's been peeing in random places in our house. We took her to our vet and she did have a UTI, so we treated that with antibiotic. When she continued to urinate outside of the litter box, we brought her back for a follow-up. The vet confirmed that she was fine and said her behavior is most likely due to the fact that she was never litter trained (she was feral, and then basically lived in a feral environment at the rescue shelter). He recommended we crate her for a week and see if it would help. We did that, after a week we let her out overnight and sure enough she peed in the bathroom. The vet then recommended that she go back to the shelter because they were not honest with us (they say all their cats are healthy and litter trained, which was a lie because Eden had TWO infections and is NOT litter trained). My housemate called the vet that runs the shelter and the vet said to bring Eden to her for a checkup. Of course we were right and another urinalysis confirms that she doesn't have the UTI anymore. However, this vet doesn't seem to think there is any behavioral problem with her shelter cats. She keeps saying Eden has "idiopathic feline lower UT disease" even though the urinalysis and ph tests are negative for UTI. Tonight I come home to find Eden back in her cage here and a bottle of "amitriptyline" on our kitchen table. My friend called it "kitty prozac" and said Eden has to take one a day as well as be in the crate for TWO MONTHS. Wtf? Is this vet right? Because I fail to understand how a cat that repeatedly tests negative for UTI still has a UT disease and I fail to see why the vet is assuming there has to be a medical explanation when clearly everything in the cat's past indicate a behavioral problem.

Beth?.....
Old 02-28-2006, 07:51 PM   #6
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:54 AM

Um, you cannot keep a cat in a crate for 2 months. Especially a previously feral cat. This is animal cruelty and that vet is on crack. I have NEVER heard of locking a cat in a crate because of a UT condition. And giving her prozac??? Come on!! This cat will end up with twice the behavior problems if its caged up like that like some wild animal

It sounds like this cat needs to be an outside cat/barn cat/ etc or the entire house needs to be scrubbed with enzymes, and the litter needs to be changed to (Catlady posted a link in the last thread, I dont remember). But definately not kept in a crate, sorry.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:57 PM   #7
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Ok this thread is supposed to be a happy fun post pics thread so here's more pics of my monsters.

Playing

I'll have to bust out some photoshopped pics later, I did a few funny ones recently.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:20 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

Um, you cannot keep a cat in a crate for 2 months. Especially a previously feral cat. This is animal cruelty and that vet is on crack. I have NEVER heard of locking a cat in a crate because of a UT condition. And giving her prozac??? Come on!! This cat will end up with twice the behavior problems if its caged up like that like some wild animal

It sounds like this cat needs to be an outside cat/barn cat/ etc or the entire house needs to be scrubbed with enzymes, and the litter needs to be changed to (Catlady posted a link in the last thread, I dont remember). But definately not kept in a crate, sorry.
My thoughts exactly. We did the crate thing already because it was only a week and it made sense (she proved she will go in the litter just fine without any discomfort), but two months? What is this vet thinking? How can she doubt this is a behavioral problem when SHE'S the one with a small shelter overrun with 200 cats doing what they want wherever they please. It's also obvious now that she had Eden crated at some point because the poor cat actually prefers the crate (she will stay in or go back in if the door is open).

We're still looking for a new home where she would be an outdoor/barn cat, but fed daily and no where near any streets.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:22 PM   #9
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

That is really really sad. Like, I would never take the advice of a 'vet' that runs that horrible shelter after everything you've told us about it.

Quote:
We're still looking for a new home where she would be an outdoor/barn cat, but fed daily and no where near any streets.

That's good because that sounds like a home more suitable for her, poor thing.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:30 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

If Beth sees this thread and has anything to say, then I'm going to make sure Melissa calls this nutcase lady and tells her we have several "expert" opinions that say she's the one on crack and we're not giving any cat her proxac just because she has too many cats to train and properly document their medical conditions (Eden most likely had the UTI when we adopted her).

Anyway, I'll be back with some cat pics I just took b/c I'm bored...
Old 02-28-2006, 09:05 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Sorry about the bad cat eye. These were taken with my housemates camera since mine is gone being professionally cleaned.

Fun in the ceiling

We have two girls and two boys, but the boys get along and share their cats beds the most

I now refer to Poshie as my Shadow because recently she's decided she likes me after all and although she will only be held at night when we're sleeping, she's never more than a few feet from me.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:07 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Saki's long-lost twin, Beckham, making a weird face

Beckham checking the food bowl, which is empty, but he'll check it a gazillion times a day nontheless. He looks fat in this pic, but he's not fat, just a big boy, long and lean.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:10 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

My gay kitties

I think I posted this one before in the old thread, but I'll post it again because this is my angel
Old 02-28-2006, 09:12 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

And this is Eden, the one with the problems

Old 02-28-2006, 10:25 PM   #15
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I love the licking and cuddling ones. It's a rare occasion that Zoey and Saki EVER do that!! I think I have ONE pic lol.. and its not a very good one.