For Cat Lovers Only II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Saki :( Beckham had worms last year even though he was dewormed as a kitten. Another cat who was adopted from the lab at the same time also had worms, so I think some kitty in the lab was passing it around. Luckily, all that happened was he threw up two roundworms. Since I knew what they were, they let me pick up a pill for him and syringe for Posh. A week later, they did a fecal analysis for free and that was the end of it.

Both of them HATE the car and HATE the vet, mostly because there's always HUGE dogs in the lobby when we go. When Beckham had to stay all day to get his teeth cleaned, he was being so evil the vet techs made me go to the back and get him out of the cage. He was in the last cage in a room full of young kittens who were meowing for attention. The vet tech was like "uh.....he's not very happy and I'm scared to touch him so....you get him out!" He was hissing and spitting and puffed up like a racoon. He was so pissed, he would not be comforted by me so I just pulled him out by his scruff and dropped him in the carrier.

Posh also hates the vet and the car because she's had reactions to her last two distemper vaccinations.

Maximus is crazy, he LOVES the car! He even has a little fleece winter coat he wears for car rides. His favorite car ride is picking up pizza :lol:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Maximus is crazy, he LOVES the car! He even has a little fleece winter coat he wears for car rides. His favorite car ride is picking up pizza :lol:

:lmao:

I also would love to see a picture of him in his coat :cute:

The vet we go to has seperate waiting areas for cats and dogs (different entry doors too).

The last time Worf was at the kennel, they made my dad go back and get her. I don't think she would let them get her out of the cage for the whole week she was there :yikes:. That was 3 years ago and that's the last time we'll board her. Now if we go on vacation, we leave plenty of water and food and my brother checks in on her mid week. It's just too stressful to put her through that anymore, especially since she's getting up there in age.

I :heart: my boy.

32460.jpg

32459.jpg

And my gorgeous Biddy Biddy. She had a million nicknames. I had to call her Biddy Biddy because my gramma objected to me calling her Bitchy Bitchy, but wow did that name suit her. She was really good at bossing Mr. LG around! :laugh: Her "vet" name was Chades (rhymes with shades). She passed away July 13th, 2001 after sharing 17 wonderful years with me. I dream about her all the time. I swear that's when she visits me.
3465%3B5958%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3DXROQDF%3E23237768%3B%3A69%3Bot1lsi

Those pix are fantastic. Always the allure of the empty box! :)

My Reilly had to spend the day at the vet yesterday. He was so scared and freaked out he didn't move the whole day. I took him in b/c he'd been throwing up all day Sunday. The docs think he might have developed diabetes, his glucose is off the charts. Poor kitty. He still didn't feel well today so I had to assist feed him this morning. By the time I was done there was as much on me, on him, and on my bathroom walls (best place to assist feed since everything can be easily wiped down afterward) and there was in his stomach. Here's his pic...he was feeling much better when this was taken....

REILLY.jpg

^ that's such a gorgeous puss :cute: and :giggle: at the crazy cats trying to get into such small boxes! they always make me laugh so much when they do that! :lol:

Oh Catlady :( Reily is so gorgeous.. I hope he feels better soon.

Saki has been throwing up on and off for two weeks now, but I'm pretty sure its hairballs.. as he has no other symptoms and half the time there's a wad of hair in the vomit. Well I guess I'll find out today, I'm off to the vet!

Lemon Grrrl cute pics.. I love this one :lol:

3465%3B5%3A58%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2325%3D4%3A3%3D627%3D59%3B3%3B8b242%3A3624%3D32323576949%3B8nu0mrj

Well we are back. Saki didnt do THAT BAD.. no hyper ventilating so I was glad about that. Just really scared and nervous.. yeowling in the car etc. My vet is really good with my cats.. she's very nice and comforting and really seems to geniuinly care about the animals. I love her! So she gave him the worming tablets and she actually said that its *possible* the vomiting might stop now and could be just from stomach upset from the worms. I am hoping this is the case so bad.. please pray for me!

So I am to leave him be for 2 days and see what happens. If he vomits again she wants me to do the Petromalt every other day until next week and if he's still vomiting she wants me to bring him in for an x ray and maybe some other tests :( I hope it doesnt come to that because I dont think either of us could handle another vet trip.

Poor Saki :sad: . I don't take my cats to the vet unless it is an emergency. My girls need tranqualizers and my vet said that if all cats were like them he'd be a plumber. He said it was okay not to go because they are inside cats. My bucky comes with me in the car every once in a while. He just sits next to me in the front seat, my little mush.

Sicy said:
Well we are back. Saki didnt do THAT BAD.. no hyper ventilating so I was glad about that. Just really scared and nervous.. yeowling in the car etc. My vet is really good with my cats.. she's very nice and comforting and really seems to geniuinly care about the animals. I love her! So she gave him the worming tablets and she actually said that its *possible* the vomiting might stop now and could be just from stomach upset from the worms. I am hoping this is the case so bad.. please pray for me!

I'll pray it's only worms and not hairballs or something worse. When Beckham had worms, he threw up. I didn't even know it was worms until I saw a worm. After the worm tablet, it stopped. Now he only pukes if he gets into macaroni and cheese or if he eats his food too fast.

That cat in the packing peanuts is really something else! My cats love packing peanuts, but I have to trash them b/c they will eat the packing peanuts instead of just playing, and I never get the biodegradable kind in my packages.

Well the thing is tapeworms really shouldnt cause them to vomit unless its very severe.. I think ringworm and other types do. But hopefully it was just upsetting his stomach and he'll be ok now. Hairballs is also not the worst that can happen... I am hopeful because if it were something worse he'd be showing other symptoms but he's happy as a clam, eating, drinking, pooping, playing.. all the signs of a healthy cat.

Sicy said:
Well the thing is tapeworms really shouldnt cause them to vomit unless its very severe.. I think ringworm and other types do. But hopefully it was just upsetting his stomach and he'll be ok now. Hairballs is also not the worst that can happen... I am hopeful because if it were something worse he'd be showing other symptoms but he's happy as a clam, eating, drinking, pooping, playing.. all the signs of a healthy cat.

:up: Happy is good. Tapeworms don't sound like fun :yikes: Beckham had roundworms, which I think are more common to puke. I'm one of those gross people that happens to know what various parasitic worms look like so it was easy to identify :lol: I think ringworm would infect the skin and cause hairloss. You'd probably get it from him and have to be treated as well.

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

:up: Happy is good. Tapeworms don't sound like fun :yikes: Beckham had roundworms, which I think are more common to puke. I'm one of those gross people that happens to know what various parasitic worms look like so it was easy to identify :lol: I think ringworm would infect the skin and cause hairloss. You'd probably get it from him and have to be treated as well.

You're correct about ringworm. It is really a misnomer as it's not a worm or parasite at all. It's a fungal infection, not unlike athlete's foot, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom