For Cat Lovers Only II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I acutally ordered them here

http://www.katwallks.com/

There are some pictures on their website I sent them of Zoey and Saki on them in the customer photo section :laugh:

I am sure they would be quite simple to make though!

I'm not suprised the cat is walking stiff or groggy. I take Amnitriptilyne every night to help me sleep. Its a low grade anti-depressent that is commonly used as a sleep aid now. Lowering the dosage might help with the drowsiness.

Catlady said:
Here is a pic of my Quincy leaping onto Tucker when they were both kittens. The quality is real bad b/c this was scanned from a hard copy photo...this was back in the day before digital cameras were de rigueur.

I love how Tucker has ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what is coming. :)

QuincyJumping2.jpg

:lmao:

Russty Cat said:
I'm not suprised the cat is walking stiff or groggy. I take Amnitriptilyne every night to help me sleep. Its a low grade anti-depressent that is commonly used as a sleep aid now. Lowering the dosage might help with the drowsiness.

:hmm: I better not let Melissa see this or she will start stealing from the cat (she has depression, anxiety, and sleep issues, but she flushed all her valium down the toilet so she wouldn't get adicted).

Those kittens attacking are priceless. :cute:

Oooo definetly don't let her take it. I haven't a clue what the dosage would be for cats and it might have some different stuff in it then it does the stuff thats for humans. Not a good idea. :no: She might want to consider talking to her doctor though about some stuff for herself. Its not addictive and it really does help me get better sleep. I have an auto immune disease, so I can't get restful sleep otherwise, because of being in pain alot. Give her a hug for me. :heart:

And now on to the newest addition to our family! *drum roll*

cat001.jpg

Meet Bandit aka Frito Bandito :heart: :love: We went to the shelter today and adopted him. He has been looking for a home for a while and when he warmed up to my kids right away and wanted to start playing with them they fell in love. So we had to bring him home. He is the cutest, sweetest boy. And he is getting along great with our other cat. :love:

Awwww Bandit is so handsome! I love his markings :love: Congrats!

Wow you just adopted him today and he's already met your other cat :ohmy: You're lucky they're getting along already! Usually you're supposed to introduce them slowly over the course of a week or so.

Sicy said:
Awwww Bandit is so handsome! I love his markings :love: Congrats!

Wow you just adopted him today and he's already met your other cat :ohmy: You're lucky they're getting along already! Usually you're supposed to introduce them slowly over the course of a week or so.

Well we hadn't planned on introducing him so soon to our other cat. But someone opened the back door (aka the kids :lol: ) and our other cat, Missy bolted in and started sniffing Bandit. Bandit was so cute and started rubbing his head on her and purring. Missy sniffed him for a few minutes and then went and laid on the couch. I was so glad they got along fine.

Russty Cat said:
Well we hadn't planned on introducing him so soon to our other cat. But someone opened the back door (aka the kids :lol: ) and our other cat, Missy bolted in and started sniffing Bandit. Bandit was so cute and started rubbing his head on her and purring. Missy sniffed him for a few minutes and then went and laid on the couch. I was so glad they got along fine.

That's amazing :drool:

Cat people... help!

As most of you know, Jessica and I have adopted two cats. We love both of them, and they've started to get along really well...

BUT...

The newer one, a siamese mix, has started waking me up in the mornings. At first this wasn't a huge deal, but the problem is, she's started waking me up earlier and earlier. Today it was 4:30 :| and I have a big meeting this afternoon with some important people. I hope I can stay awake. :yikes:

What happens is this: Sometime in the morning she'll just decide I need to be awake, and she'll start making noise and walking all over me - including on my face. If I put her outside the door, she'll moan at like 80 decibels. I don't want to have to lock her in another bedroom, and even if I did, the moaning is so loud I'd still be able to hear it. The only other option would be to lock her in the downstairs bathrooom with her litterbox and some water, but I don't want to confine her to that small an area. Over the weekend I successfully used earplugs, but I can't do that during the week or I wouldn't be able to hear the alarm.

Basically I've been limited to 4-5 hrs of sleep each night this week, and it's causing me to nod off at my desk in the afternoons. I don't know what to do. :shrug: Anyone have any ideas?

cydewaze,
Siamese are known for their excessive loud meowing, I think you are SOL. :lol:

One thing you can do is try to play with her very hard right before you go to sleep, hoping she will sleep through the night. Wear her out as much as you can. If you have the laser pointer, that gets em tired real fast. I still get woken up sometimes at 5am by Saki licking my earlobes lol.

Re: Cat people... help!

cydewaze said:
As most of you know, Jessica and I have adopted two cats. We love both of them, and they've started to get along really well...

BUT...

The newer one, a siamese mix, has started waking me up in the mornings. At first this wasn't a huge deal, but the problem is, she's started waking me up earlier and earlier. Today it was 4:30 :| and I have a big meeting this afternoon with some important people. I hope I can stay awake. :yikes:

What happens is this: Sometime in the morning she'll just decide I need to be awake, and she'll start making noise and walking all over me - including on my face. If I put her outside the door, she'll moan at like 80 decibels. I don't want to have to lock her in another bedroom, and even if I did, the moaning is so loud I'd still be able to hear it. The only other option would be to lock her in the downstairs bathrooom with her litterbox and some water, but I don't want to confine her to that small an area. Over the weekend I successfully used earplugs, but I can't do that during the week or I wouldn't be able to hear the alarm.

Basically I've been limited to 4-5 hrs of sleep each night this week, and it's causing me to nod off at my desk in the afternoons. I don't know what to do. :shrug: Anyone have any ideas?

When our cat's start acting up we just put them outside! But if she's an indoor cat then try putting on a small light on in the apartment and that might calm her down. Coz that's what we do sometimes when it's too cold here to let our cat's out, and it usually works. Don't ask me why though!:shrug:
Say "HI" to Jess from me and thank her for the e-mail!:wave:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I reported the shelter through silent observer.

We're keeping Eden out of the cage, in the cat room. She's taking the meds for now since I suppose we have nothing to lose by trying (although she's been REALLY groggy and walks really stiff). Maybe she will just have to stay in the cat rooms forever, since she doesn't pee on the floor and I've seen her use those litter boxes. At least two rooms are better than a cage.

My friend with the 8 cats tried Amytryptiline/Elavil and the same thing happened...what you need is Prozac, that's what helped her cats, and no side effects like this.

cydewaze said:

BUT...

play real hard before bedtime and a large meal of canned food right before bedtime too.

cydewaze said:

BUT...

I had a cat that acted the same , hard to find out exactly what they want at that time of the morning. It stopped after a couple of nights of harsh words and a small feeding before I went to bed. If your cats fussy about the freshness of the wet food then try some dry food left out overnight. my other cat gizmo (see journal) is now 16 and justs wants attention some nights and wraps himself around my head, most of the time I dont notice till i am waking up, other nights he yowls and we asked the vet about it. the vet said either going senile or he is just letting no one in particular know that he is home and its his turf. When I turn off all the lights and go to bed he has a routine; some food then a drink , goes for a pee, yowls his head off , then goes to bed.

Lies, when I put cats on Elavil I usually start with 1/2 tablet once a day, in the evening so if they are drowsy the worst of it should be at night when everyone is sleeping.

Paul, you might have to consider not letting the cats have access to your bedroom at night. Tough love may work too, if you completely ignore her pestering you - no rewarding with food/breakfast until YOU are ready to get up, no scolding, no petting - NO response (because any sort of attention, good or bad, can reinforce the unwanted behavior). The other suggested ideas are good too, for a bedtime snack and extra playtime in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom