For Cat Lovers Only II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Girl1978 said:
Chloe's being a brat today. :grumpy:

:uhoh:

Tell her you're gonna take her to the vet! :yes: :evil:

Speaking of the vet -- took my Max cat to the vet today to have some bloodwork done (just checking up -- he has hyperthyroidism) and his blood pressure checked. BP was a bit high, the bloodword will be back early next week. The funny thing is though he purrs the whole time. Loves the attention! What a sweet cat. :)

Yay!! :applaud:

NYC Cat Finally Rescued After 14 Days

NEW YORK - Molly the cat is finally free. After two weeks stuck behind a brick wall in a 19th century building, the bashful 11-month-old feline was rescued from her plight Friday night by a volunteer who found her wedged in a crawl space between bricks and a piece of sheet metal.

At the end of the ordeal, the black cat emerged from the building lying in a metal cage - calm and docile as cameras flashed and onlookers cooed.

"I think you'll all agree that she is in great shape," said Peter Myers, who owns the delicatessen housed in the building and kept Molly in his store to catch mice.

Her first meal? Nibbles of roasted pork, sardines in oil and water, Myers said.

Hearty fare, but perhaps not surprising for a feline who spends her time in Myers of Keswick, a deli specializing in meat pies, clotted cream and other British food specialties.

Molly's ordeal became international news this week as reporters and onlookers gathered to hear her distressed meows. Rescuers drilled and hammered out bricks in the cellar of the 157-year-old building and tried everything from special cameras to traps to get her out.

They even tried using kittens as bait to appeal to Molly's maternal side. A pet psychic and self-described "cat therapist" offered their aid. But it appeared that good, old-fashioned elbow grease ended up doing the job.

Resuers drilled a hole in the wall from inside the store, cutting through three layers of brick to get to Molly, said Mike Pastore, field director for Animal Care & Control, a private organization with a city contract to handle lost, injured and unwanted animals.

She was finally retrieved by a tunnel worker who was working on a project nearby and has been volunteering for the rescue effort.

^^Awwwww...poor kitty

could you see some sort of tom and jerry thing involved in her originally being trapped behind the wall? :giggle:

time for a :bump:

pooz_chat.gif

Awww, I just read through most of the stories on here, and :hug: for everyone!! Later on today I'll post some pics of my 3 cats if I can find the camera :)

we need some revival in this thread:wink:

I just witnessed my cat paw through my garbage to find a roach, then she ate the roach right infront of me:drool:

phanan said:

:lol:

I believe he was also thinking, "Get that camera out of my face if you know what's good for you."

:D

Yeah he does have that look going too. :)

It's a very cool cat look. :yes:

My apartment gets super hot in the summer time so I definitely need to get an air conditioner.

Chloe has been such a little biatch lately. :lol:

She meows like crazy because she wants to go on top of the door to my room. If she gets on top of the door she meows more. If I don't pay enough attention to her she meows and when I do give her my full attention she becomes a snob. :madspit: And she's such a good alarm clock but I need just 5 more minutes of sleep in the morning! :scream: :lol:

I love Zoey's paws...she looks as if she could smack the hell out of any naughty cats! :wink:

And the ice cream thread got me remembering a cat I had named Munchie (Munchkin actually, because he was so little when he first came).

Munchie was an outdoor cat for 12 years, but then had health issues which required a special diet and more supervision. When we brought him inside the other outside cats were soooo happy! Turns out Munchie was an absolute tyrant and all the other cats were scared of him. When Munchie came in the house is when my cat population exploded! Munchie had been keeping all but the most desperate cats away all those years. :ohmy:

Anyway, even though Munchie was on a special diet he loved ice cream and would beg me for it. So I would give him a tiny, tiny bit of it. But even though he loved it he would get kitty brain freeze. Now I couldn't have that happen, so I would put Munchie's tiny bit of ice cream on a spoon and put the spoon on my arm to make the ice cream melt. And he would sit on me and watch while all this went on, then would lick up his little taste of ice cream and be very happy. :)

He loved me, but wasn't too sure about anyone else. Of course he did have me wrapped around his little paw.... :wink:

Yey another "awww...what a sweet cat!" story:

Pa. Cat Nurses Rejected Pug Puppy

CONNELLSVILLE, Pa. - A pug puppy rejected by his mother has found a new, more welcoming family - a cat and her three kittens.

Kelly Kent, of Connellsville, said her 2-year-old cat, Zoey, has been nursing a black pug puppy since he was rejected by his mother in late March. Zoey doesn't usually like dogs but seems to have made an exception, Kent said.

The puppy, who belongs to Kent's neighbor, is about the same size as Zoey's kittens and regularly lines up for milk with his adopted feline siblings.

It is not unusual for mothers to adopt in nature, even if the baby is of another species, said William Shepherd, a Uniontown veterinarian. Shepherd said a puppy can drink a cat's milk, but warned that Zoey might not be able to produce enough as the young pug gets older and bigger.

The pug puppy, the runt of his litter, doesn't yet have a name.

:cute:

Don't you just love this kind of story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom