For Cat Lovers Only II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snuggling kitties!!

imgp2140.jpg

tiny dancer said:
My sister-in-law had to pull her kitty to sleep last week. The vet even came to the house to do it. The cat's name was Dandelion, and I will miss her as well. :sad:

:sad:

:hug:

Oh no Tiny :sad: i hate hearing everyone's stories of pets being put down :hug: :hug: my mum was in bits back in the early 90's when our much loved Tabby called Tibby had to be put down unexpectedly with cancer - i'll never forget the state my poor mum was in when she came back home with an empty cat carrier :sad: :(

Fortunately, she got another cat, sweep from an animal rescue centre&it's still going strong! :happy: :cute: :heart: she's 13&sure can move fast when food is around! :lol:

tiny dancer said:
My sister-in-law had to pull her kitty to sleep last week. The vet even came to the house to do it. The cat's name was Dandelion, and I will miss her as well. :sad:

:hug:

My sister-in-law's cat has 2 tumors, one apparanently the size of an orange :sad: and it's just a matter of time. He's eating a little more than before and the vet seemed to think the cat wasn't in any pain :sad:

and cydewaze, as always, those cats are too :cute: :cute: !

So sorry for everybody's losses. A dear friend of mine had to put one of hers down last week too. His name was Jimmy Dale and he was one of the most special cats I have ever known. He was with us at the adoption program where I volunteer for more than a year. We all knew when Krista came in that he'd been waiting so long because he was waiting for her.

He was diagnosed less than a week ago with complete renal failure, which came out of nowhere.

Krista is devastated, as is Jimmy Dale's best buddy, Chester.

:(

I think it's time to cheer things up a bit.

imgp2147.jpg

I was sitting at my computer and I kept hearing this lick... lick... lick... lick... lick... lick... so I stood up and Roxie had Sterling pinned down and was licking him so intensely that he was all soaked.

Unfortunately you can't really tell how soaked he is from the pic.

cydewaze said:
I think it's time to cheer things up a bit.

imgp2147.jpg

I was sitting at my computer and I kept hearing this lick... lick... lick... lick... lick... lick... so I stood up and Roxie had Sterling pinned down and was licking him so intensely that he was all soaked.

Unfortunately you can't really tell how soaked he is from the pic.

They are so cute together! :cute:

And you worried they weren't going to get along.... :)

I just got back from a week of vacation in another state. Ever since Eden died of FIP my housemate has been terrified that the other cats are going to get it and die. Their diet has been strictly regulated and we feel them down everyday for any signs of the bloating or thinness. Anyway, I get home and she's going berserk because Maximus got all fat and bloated AND stopped eating! She's convinced he's half-dead because this is exactly what happened to Eden. She was force-feeding him and giving him water until I got home. But then she figured it out. I had half a bag of Beckhams Science Diet Oral Care kibble way up high on this shelf. Maximus figured out how to climb the wall and pull himself onto the shelf like a monkey, so for days he'd been grazing on cat food nonstop and then didn't care to eat when Melissa gave them meals! :lol: The little bastard!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I just got back from a week of vacation in another state. Ever since Eden died of FIP my housemate has been terrified that the other cats are going to get it and die. Their diet has been strictly regulated and we feel them down everyday for any signs of the bloating or thinness. Anyway, I get home and she's going berserk because Maximus got all fat and bloated AND stopped eating! She's convinced he's half-dead because this is exactly what happened to Eden. She was force-feeding him and giving him water until I got home. But then she figured it out. I had half a bag of Beckhams Science Diet Oral Care kibble way up high on this shelf. Maximus figured out how to climb the wall and pull himself onto the shelf like a monkey, so for days he'd been grazing on cat food nonstop and then didn't care to eat when Melissa gave them meals! :lol: The little bastard!

:lmao:

What a relief though.

Sounds like some of my cats. :yes:

Last night he got a moldy bagel out of the trash for Posh and this morning he pulled goldfish crackers out of my closet.

My mum's cat keeps pulling stuff out from the bin too! :tsk: it's not good but we can't help laughing! :lol:

:huh: How funny! My cats couldnt care less about people food!

I cant get over how much Sterling looks like Saki :cute:

:ohmy: That seems so unusual to me Sicy! :wink: Every cat i've ever seen is all over the humans they keep company with for food! :lol:

I go up to see my mum&her cat Sweep is jumping up beside her trying to pull the food off her plate :huh: it's always really funny but normally she just laughs and when she's finished eating, she says to her ' it's all done' and then she leaves!!! :lmao:

My mum's always saying, it's as if Sweep knows what she's saying! :lol:

My cats meet me in the kitchen in the morning to see if I'm going to make a turkey sandwich for lunch. They are fiends for turkey, I swear.

Will likes donuts and oyster crackers among other things.
Roscoe is a little garbage disposal and will eat just about anything. (including vegetables)

Jack Flash and his catnip squirrel:

jacksquirrel.jpg

Jack chooses his favorite U2 album:

jackpop.jpg

And, Jack decides he's had enough pictures for one day:

jackpaw.jpg

EDIT: the problem may have been that I was linking them from my Sprint PCS account. I moved them over to Photobucket, so hopefully Jack will show up now :)

Last edited:
The pics above aren't appearing, at least not for me.

And Sicy, my Otto doesn't care for human food either. We've tried giving him fresh chicken or turkey on occasion, and he's just not interested. And he doesn't get into any of the other human food. The pantry is closed, so he can't get in (his food is in there too). When it's open, he wants to sniff around and check it out. Which reminds me... One time when he was still a kitty, I went searching the house for him. He's an indoor kitty, and I couldn't find him ANYWHERE. I was really worried. So after searching the house over & over, I open the pantry, and he's sitting on a shelf with the canned foods, etc. just looking at me at about eye level. Apparently, my husband must have gone in to make some popcorn, opened the cabinet, kitty jumped in, but never got out. He wasn't even crying or anything. :der:

:lol: I've locked my cat in the cupboard before, and in the closet before :uhoh: They are so mischevious!

WildHoneyAlways said:
My cats meet me in the kitchen in the morning to see if I'm going to make a turkey sandwich for lunch. They are fiends for turkey, I swear.

Will likes donuts and oyster crackers among other things.
Roscoe is a little garbage disposal and will eat just about anything. (including vegetables)

My Max cat LOVES doughnuts. He goes absolutely bonkers for them. And when I make a particular scone he goes nuts for it and will reach up and grab the mixing bowl. I think he really likes the nutmeg. Weird cat.

Sicy said:
:huh: How funny! My cats couldnt care less about people food!

:ohmy: Count your lucky stars! Today I was on the phone with a friend and diverted my eyes all of 30 second when Max was on the table eating guacamole, Posh was swiping chips and running off with them and then decided it was more fun to lick out the kitchen sink, and Beckham was on the stove eating mac n cheese out of the pan! (which super-sux b/c he barfs immediately if he gets even the most miniscule amount of dairy) This was after Max went trash-diving for Poshie's bagel and before he snuck into my closet and ripped apart a bag of goldfish crackers.

:banghead:

I've nannied for several families in the past and honestly, when food is involved, my cats are comparable to small children.

Sometimes when I need Max to stop being annoying, I give him a packet of those soup crackers you get at restaurants. I figure it's alright since the crackers don't have any substance to them, and it takes him about 20 minutes to chew the packet open. 20 minutes of Max being entertained by a single activity is usually a record for him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom