For Cat Lovers Only II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sicy said:
redkat,
Any changes in the environment? Anything new? Did you change her litter, or not scoop the box enough? You could try adding another litterbox where she is peeing by the shoes.

that might be something. She's peeing in the corner of my closet that happens to be where my shoe shelves are. Her litterbox was at one time in there but that was a long time ago.

It's not just the shoes today I picked out a U2 shirt, jeans and a jacket that all smelled :angry:

I'm just gonna move everything and try my best to keep her out of there though it's a swinging closet door so it's hard to keep closed.

I'm thinking she'll just find a new place to go though.

Its very important to thoroughly clean the areas in which she peed, because she will just keep peeing in the same spots. You need a cleaner/stain remover that contains enzymes. Most pet stores carry them.

Would it hurt to add another litterbox in the closet maybe?

I hadn't thought of that. I might go ahead and put an extra box in there. My goal was to keep her out of my bedroom completely which is why I moved the box. I'm very allergic and my dr. told me I had to get rid of her so this was the compromise.

I think my cleaner is working

Aww I'm sorry you're allergic :( Your Dr. can suck it though. I know there are things you can do and meds you can take and still be able to have a kitty. I know lots of people in your same situation. Wish I had more info on that.

As far as cleaners, it has to have enzymes in it. You may not be able to smell the pee, but she will.

Yea I'm on 3 medications lol! Plus i vaccuum every day and have 2 air purifiers.

She's older and adopted so I wouldn't get rid of her but I probably won't get another. I can't touch her or anything :(

Some more photos of Rickenbacker Straticaticus (aka The Noodle Cat -- you'll see why). My niece Mariah is holding him, and he was purring away the whole time. He's such a relaxed and easygoing guy. :) (Try not to notice the mess, it's my painting packaging area.)

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

redkat said:
Yea I'm on 3 medications lol! Plus i vaccuum every day and have 2 air purifiers.

She's older and adopted so I wouldn't get rid of her but I probably won't get another. I can't touch her or anything :(

Does your vaccuum have a HEPA filter in it? If not, it might be worth investing in one which does...if you don't have a good filter in the vaccuum you could be stirring stuff up every time you run it...also, this is drastic but we replaced our carpets with hardwood in December and it has made a huge difference. We're both very allergic....

redkat said:

I don't know if you've ever been to this site but it has tons of anti-allergy stuff. My ex was crazy allergic to our cats but once we got a good air purifier, not an ion one, and the anti-allergen spray he got better. My co-worker's daughter uses this stuff 2 and she lives with 2 cats :)

http://www.natlallergy.com/index.html

I have the hepa filter and the bedding stuff too. My air purifiers are ion ones. Those ionic breezes.

and of course all the asthma meds. I'm doing fine as long as I don't touch her or let her sleep with me. But that takes a lot of enjoyment out of having a pet.

She's so soft and cuddly too :cute:

I've always had lots of pets always been allergic but they have gotten worse and according to the dr. I should stay away from them. I had two bouts of pneumonia before realizing that was the problem.

My allergy doctor warned me against the ionic breezes. They are not good for people with asthma. :( The ions they put out are actually more likely to trigger a reaction or something. :yuck:

:nerd:

I've got a purifier that takes 99.7% of allergens out of the air. :love:

WildHoneyAlways said:
My allergy doctor warned me against the ionic breezes. They are not good for people with asthma. :( The ions they put out are actually more likely to trigger a reaction or something. :yuck:

:nerd:

I've got a purifier that takes 99.7% of allergens out of the air. :love:

after all the money i've spent i'm not sure I want to know but tell me what kind you ended up getting.

I did lots o research before buying these but all the reviews I read didn't help. It seems there are people loving and hating all of the purifiers. and research :rolleyes: to back up why they do and don't work

I am a total dork when it comes to cleaning supplies and vacuums and such. I also have have lots of home remedies for cleaning up pet stains that i got from my vet. :nerd:

I'll write up a list of stuff that I've used that works and send it to ya. :wink:

Here's my roscoe. he's my shadow. :D

100_0169.jpg

From my cat's first lot of kittens:

kitty29xm.jpg

Year later that ^ cat had kittens:

kitty1lm.jpg

Last edited:
question for cat knowers, the 2nd adopted male that we just got recently - we were told he was neutered, when I took him to vets for checkup, they looked at chart and didnt seem to think otherwise about it, but lately he has been really pestering Merlot, our female and he just wont leave her alone, we are now wondering if maybe he isnt neutered. This morning she was lying down in a corner and when she got up and left he went over to where she was and he starting sniffing the spot which I thought was kind of wierd but what do I know, that could be normal too - just wondering if there is some indicator that would tell me ya he's neutered, other than the size of his knockers - which do look kind of big still...any ideas - or do I have to take him to vet and freak him out some more.

lucky charms said:
question for cat knowers, the 2nd adopted male that we just got recently - we were told he was neutered, when I took him to vets for checkup, they looked at chart and didnt seem to think otherwise about it, but lately he has been really pestering Merlot, our female and he just wont leave her alone, we are now wondering if maybe he isnt neutered. This morning she was lying down in a corner and when she got up and left he went over to where she was and he starting sniffing the spot which I thought was kind of wierd but what do I know, that could be normal too - just wondering if there is some indicator that would tell me ya he's neutered, other than the size of his knockers - which do look kind of big still...any ideas - or do I have to take him to vet and freak him out some more.

I think you would definately know if a male cat is not neutered... they're knockers can be HUGE. You could even try to feel them if he'll let you.. to see if they're still in there. Or, next time you go to the vet I'm sure they can tell you. I dont think that its odd for him to be pestering your other cat. It sure does not automatically mean that he's neutered/not neutered etc.

ya I know it doesnt mean anything, just in the last week, they have really gotten into a few good matches and even after that, he still refuses to leave her alone. Fur flies all over the place.

thanks for the info - and no he wont let us near his knockers - :lol: not to mention I dont really want to feel his knockers :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom