For Cat Lovers Only II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wenda said:

OMG, I just read about your kitty! Thank God he's okay. And look at how beautiful Holly is! That is one gorgeous cat.

Thanks :hug: He's doing great, bouncing all over the house, you'd never know he was a real sick kitty a week ago....other than the row of staples up his belly where they closed up the incision! :)

Could they put an elizabethan collar on your kitty to keep him from getting at his incision site? There are vinyl ones now which *look* much less incomfortable than the hard plastic ones...just a thought, anywhoo.

Thanks again for the good wishes.

Sicy said:
Snowflake and Patches. My ferals :heart:

34303.jpg

My cat Bowie looks very similiar to Patches...
80905-R1-10-10A.jpg

80905-R1-01-0A.jpg

wenda said:
Hey peeps!! Back on IF, lol. It's been awhile so I have lots of catching up to do.

A little update on my kitty...

So, he had the lump in his abdomen removed and it turns out it was a lipoma (essentially a fatty tumour and BENIGN, thank God!!) and that caused a hernia. Whilst at the vet, he licked his incision a LOT and that part hardened into a scabby mess. I brought him home and was told to bring him back in 10 days to remove the stitches.

So I took him back last Monday and the vet removed some stitches but said the area with the scab was too hard and they couldn't take the stitches embedded in the scab out until the scab came out.

She sent us home with half his stitches out and told me to put cream on it to soften it and to go back in a week.

Yesterday was a week and I took him in. The vet looked at his scab and decided that he needs to go in for cosmetic surgery!! He'll go in on Thursday, where they'll remove the scab and then stitch him up AGAIN and stay overnight. Then I have to pick him on Friday and then ultimately take him BACK to get the new stitches removed.

I hate having to torture my baby with all these vet visits. :(

Here he is after the first stitch removal. He's cool like that...

DSCN0457.jpg

:cute: I hope he's okay!!!

And U2Girl19778 - Clean the Catbox!!! :giggle:

Aww Bowie does look like Patches :cute:

Also I agree about the collar! I'm surprised the vet didnt give you one :confused:

does Otto look fat here too? My poor baby!

Otto-sleeping.jpg

I was trying to remember where the picture was taken. It's my desk chair (the good one). I turned around just now, and guess where he is - :hmm: :wink:

Lila64 said:

Otto-sleeping.jpg

I was trying to remember where the picture was taken. It's my desk chair (the good one). I turned around just now, and guess where he is - :hmm: :wink:

:cute:

He is too adorable!!

So, I dropped my kitty off this morning. I'm sad that he has to go through all this crap all over again. :sad: :(

Lila64 said:

Otto-sleeping.jpg

Not so much in that pic! I'd be really interested to know how much he weighs though :hmm:

He looks so much like my Rainbow Bridge kitty Sasha (r.i.p.) ....

Sasha3%201.jpg

sashabeauty.jpg

wenda said:
So, I dropped my kitty off this morning. I'm sad that he has to go through all this crap all over again. :sad: :(

:hug: wenda :hug:

I know how hard this must be for both of you... :( I had to leave Zoey at the vet a whole day once and it was so horrible, I was a wreck all day. Hang in there.

Sicy said:

:hug: wenda :hug:

I know how hard this must be for both of you... :( I had to leave Zoey at the vet a whole day once and it was so horrible, I was a wreck all day. Hang in there.

:hug:

It is so horrible just leaving them there, isn't it? When I took him in for his surgery he was there for 4 days and I was miserable that he was miserable.

I can't wait to pick him up tomorrow.

I just called to find out how he was and they were just about to put him under. AHH! I wanna cry. Cat mommies and daddies UNITE! :hug:

:hug: How nerve wracking.

Yeah well Saki has not actually thrown up a hairball. There usually seems to be little nuggets of hair in his barf though. He's still throwing up here and there, he just went 3 days without throwing up I was so proud, then 1am he decides to heave. I dont know what's wrong with him :sigh: He has absolutely NO other symptoms though.. so the vet said to just watch him over the next couple of weeks and if it still continuing she wants me to bring him in for xrays, tests, etc. Meh.

Sicy :hug:

Poor kitty :( The hairballs in the puke are just not fun to listen to or clean up. But I'm sure it's also not a good feeling for them either. I hope Saki's okay!

wenda said:
I just called to find out how he was and they were just about to put him under. AHH! I wanna cry. Cat mommies and daddies UNITE! :hug:

Good vibes for kitty boy. :yes:

I just saw this article and thought this would be the thread for it.

Cat Stuck in Wall Waves Paw for Help

COLLIERVILLE, Tenn. - A cat stuck in a wall at a house under construction initiated his rescue when he caught the attention of a prospective buyer by meowing and waving his paw out a small hole.

The cat had gotten stuck behind the wall but found a gap between a gas pipe and the wall board where he could stick out his paw. He was spotted Saturday by someone touring the house.

Collierville Animal Services supervisor Nina Wingfield said she heard a "hoarse meow" after she arrived at the house.

"When he knew we were there, it was a very hoarse, frantic meow," she said.

Wingfield freed the feline by cutting away the wall board with a knife.

"He had his paw out touching - not clawing - the whole time, like he was saying 'Come on! Come on,'" Wingfield said.

She thinks the cat, who had been stuck without food long enough for his ribs to be showing, is a lost pet. The owners have until Friday to come forward and claim him before he will be offered for adoption to someone else.

In the meantime, the animal shelter is calling him by a new name: Wally

I picked up my little man today and I'm so sad for him. I want to just hug him to death but he won't come near me since I'm the evil-doer.

Here he is with this cone. They put it on upside down since that's the best way it would stay on.

DSCN0470.jpg

DSCN0472.jpg

His stitches look so horrible and when I saw them I started sobbing :sad: like a small child and lay down beside him and pet him when he was lying down. I think my insanity scared him because he got up and walked away. Or maybe it's just my being an evil-doer :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom