For Cat Lovers Only... - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2006, 10:23 AM   #346
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:34 AM

I just saw this one on CNN.com, how adorable

Old 01-21-2006, 10:35 AM   #347
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:34 AM
I'd have to say cats are just awesome. Sure, throwing a frisbee at one usually results in it just twisting around in the air and then running away, but they're much better than dogd

Old 01-21-2006, 10:38 AM   #348
ONE
love, blood, life

Cats

Honestly, if I didn't have a cat, I don't know what I'd do. It's amazing how much they fill me with love every day. It just never gets old.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:55 AM   #349
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:34 AM
My cats real names are Will and Roscoe.

Will-- Willis, Willard, Wilber, Schmoopie and Baby. He answers to Will, Willis and Baby best. Will is the talker of the 2.

Roscoe--Roscsie, Ski, Ski-ball. He only answers to Roscoe. Roscoe is so wierd. Whenever someone sneezes he lets out a low litte "meerrrow."
Old 01-21-2006, 12:16 PM   #350
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:34 PM
...have you guys heard of medical insurance for your pet?....from what I hear, it is very affordable and it will protect you from those huge bills in your pet needs medical attention..like surgery.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:18 PM   #351
Blue Crack Addict

My job offers health insurance for pets. Unfortunately you still have to pay all the fees up front and then you send in a claim and they reimburse you. I don't know if it's like that for any other pet insurance.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:48 PM   #352
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
I found these buried deep on my computer. This is our cat Otto (we call him everything but that ). This is when we got him back in Sept. 2004 - he was about 6 weeks old then

awww
Old 01-21-2006, 02:55 PM   #353
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
1. Vet check/urinalysis to eliminate possible UTI.

Has she ever used the box or has she always peed outside the box? Since there are 3 other cats in the house she could be just pissed off about that and marking but if she used to use the box and then all of a sudden stopped using it and started peeing elsewhere she could have an infection.

http://www.stickypaws.com/ie.cfm

She's going in Monday to get checked for UTI. I'm kinda hoping it's that b/c that would be the easiest solution. Melissa says she has used the litter box and when we got her, I had to cat-sit for the first few hours and she used the temporary litter box I gave her in my room. I thought maybe she just needs her own box, but how do you keep three others from going in? It's weird b/c she only pees in three places - the bathrooms and Melissa's room. So she never pees on the actual carpet b/c the bathrooms are lino and Melissa's room has crappy indoor/outdoor carpet. We were thinking of putting something down where she pees, but we can't put anything on the bathroom floors or it will get damp and moldy (she pees right where we step out of the tub, either on the mat or on the lino of the mat's not there).

ETA: we found that site already and are going through the possibilities. Hopefully we can figure out what her problem is!
Old 01-22-2006, 03:47 AM   #354
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:34 PM

Old 01-22-2006, 07:37 AM   #355
Refugee

Local Time: 05:04 PM

Here's my two fur-babies - Columbus and Jewel - I'd have a whole house full of cats if i could!!

Old 01-22-2006, 11:20 AM   #356
Refugee

Local Time: 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by youtwohearts
For some reason, the guy in this picture reminded me of Adam Clayton!

Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel
Men who cats are so
Amen! It's so cute, watching my husband play with one of the cats.

We have five kitties, they're getting on in years but they're still sweet and lovable.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:54 AM   #357
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

She's going in Monday to get checked for UTI. I'm kinda hoping it's that b/c that would be the easiest solution. Melissa says she has used the litter box and when we got her, I had to cat-sit for the first few hours and she used the temporary litter box I gave her in my room. I thought maybe she just needs her own box, but how do you keep three others from going in? It's weird b/c she only pees in three places - the bathrooms and Melissa's room. So she never pees on the actual carpet b/c the bathrooms are lino and Melissa's room has crappy indoor/outdoor carpet. We were thinking of putting something down where she pees, but we can't put anything on the bathroom floors or it will get damp and moldy (she pees right where we step out of the tub, either on the mat or on the lino of the mat's not there).

ETA: we found that site already and are going through the possibilities. Hopefully we can figure out what her problem is!

Update: she was at the vet all day. She had blood in her urine and a UTI. She has to have amoxicillin twice a day (the same pink bubble gum goo I took for chronic ear infections as a kid). They said she's probably just VERY picky, especially being the new cat, so she was holding it for so long, she gave herself an infection, an then associated the litter box w/ pain and discomfort. Kinda ironic considering we adopted her from this terrible rescue with over 200 cats living in one house! How clean and picky could she have gotten there?! Ah well, Melissa will just have to clean five litter boxes once a day
Old 01-24-2006, 01:15 AM   #358
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Glad you took her to the vet UTI's are so dang painful!
Old 01-24-2006, 01:27 AM   #359
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
Glad you took her to the vet UTI's are so dang painful!
Poor kitty Good thing I made Melissa take her (and the check-up, the tests, and medication only cost $60). I wonder if she had it even before we adopted her. Ever since we've had her (and even at the rescue place), she squeals when you pick her up, but if you don't touch her, she will come and nest right on your chest for hours (and has an affinity towards people who don't like cats!). Do you think it's painful for her to be lifted? We always though it was b/c she was feral and would rather come to you herself.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:03 AM   #360
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

It's possible. I've had a bladder infection before and it hurt! Especially when you try to pee, so she probably associated the pain with the litter box, which is why she would go outside the box. She will be feeling much better after a few days of antibiotics

Your vets are cheap Zoey's initial check up + tests + meds was about twice that.