For Cat Lovers Only... - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2005, 08:39 PM   #211
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:28 PM
How is Roy doing FH?

Old 12-20-2005, 10:12 PM   #212
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:28 PM
We need a cat forum!

Old 12-20-2005, 10:16 PM   #213
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:28 PM
Aww, poor baby. I hope she gets well soon, Lies!
Old 12-20-2005, 11:47 PM   #214
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
....so my housemate got another cat. We wanted to get an older, abandoned mother cat b/c they're the ones that never get adopted b/c everyone wants a cute kitten. So we went to this no-kill rescue called Crash's Landing where my cousin got her kitten from. We got a female tabby cat who used to be feral, had a litter of kittens and was picked up, and then turned out not to be that feral b/c she's snuggly and loves attention. Anyway, she has a "cold". They gave us this Terramycin eye cream for her eyes b/c they're runny, but she's sneezing and wheezy. They said she'd be fine in a few days and to just do the eye cream 2-3 times a day. We're wondering if she needs something more for her chest/nose b/c she wheezes when she breathes and keeps sneezing. Also, is a cat cold contageous for other cats?

She's a real sweetie and I'll post her pic later.

I hope that things work out for her.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
How is Roy doing FH?
He's okay.... apparently. I don't quite feel secure in saying he;s fine, though. He's sleeping fine, and dreaming fine. He is greeting me and interacting fine. But I'm not sure about eating yet. As far as little box issues, I suppose he's somewhat normal, but I can't really say yet. But you know, to be honest.. everything kind of just makes me want to keep an even closer eye on him.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:34 AM   #215
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:28 PM
Is there only one cat in the house? Cant you tell if his food bowl is going down etc? That's like the most important thing. Cats dont stop eating unless they're sick!
Old 12-21-2005, 12:44 AM   #216
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Yeah, it's just him in the house...

Having read this thread again, I just checked his food bowl. It went down a little, which is a good sign I guess. I know he was eating it recently, I guess that must have been the reason why he left my bed a few minutes ago. He's back now. But I also noticed that he inadvertently knocked a few bits of his food into his waterbowl, which he always does (he's so sloppy when he eats!)

But that's just it, he's eating, so I'm happy about that. It wasn't a lot, but it's something. I think he might be getting better. But I'm still cautious.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:48 AM   #217
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

He's such a baby......

Okay, you know those running water things, so that pets (cats) can drink out of them? I think I need to get one of those for Roy.

He certainly is up for drinking water...

I was walking past the bathroom, and herd a pair of paws come up behind me. Now, in his old house, mine too, Roy used to have access to two sinks all the time, and always drank from the faucets, and never from his bowl. He doesn't have that here, except for the one in the bathroom. Hewas alwasy very hesitant about it, though. And come to think of it, the last few days he got up to the sink, but there were soap bubbles in the way, so he wasn't interested. (Perhaps that is why he was acting funny, because he ate some soap?)

Nevertheless... tonight the sink was clean, and I made sure of it. He, hesitantly, drank. I guess he wasn't sure about me deeming it appropriate, because he looked back at me several times. The lights had to be on, and I had to be watching him, otherwise he wouldn't do it. Not that I know, but, I imagine it's like what you have to do with a baby.

So, he was going at it pretty strong, getting a good drink, (which I felt good about), so I figured he could handle this on his own, or at least get him used to drinking alone or whatever (which he did all the time at his first house - he would cry for us to turn on the water) He doesn't do that here... but maybe he will start it, which, I wouldn't care about, honestly.

But anyway... I figured I'd let him be and leave the room, so I very quietly left. But as soon as I took 2 steps out the door, he jumped down and ran after me. I was kind of surprised he was still going, and, given his recent behavior.... I picked him up and set him back on the sinktop, and waited.

He was still checking me I guess. Either that or he was afraid. (He doesn't mind the toilet flushing, or when the water from the tub to the basin is running. But the showerhead gets him...). But I stood there, and he looked at me, and I was looking at him, and eventually he decided to go for some more water.

I know cats take a long time, but.... I was kind of surprised. I guess he was really thirsty. He used all the tecniques - mouth to faucet, water dripping over head, paw, paw to faucet, drinking it from the sink bottom, everything. It was kind of impressive. But I was glad - he doesn't really drink from his bowl still, no matter how many times I change it or what water I use, or ice (but he loves snow........). And sometimes he goes in the tub and tries to find water on like the shower curtain Regardless..... I think he's beginning to associate that sink with water, which is fine. I jsut want him to drink you know?

He took a long time, but I didn't want to move, though, because I wanted to make sure he was done, and not finishing early because of me. I guess he was happy, though, when he was done, because he started purring. He's back on my bed sleeping now, though, so I guess he's doing okay. I wonder if he will eat more, now that he's had a good long drink...

But I think I'm going to look into one of those running water pet drinker. .... things...

Are those easy to find? Petsmart, or petsmart, m aybe?

Any advice is welcome. Thanks
Old 12-21-2005, 03:20 AM   #218
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:28 PM
Each cat is different, and moving can upset them too. I know all my cats were off their food for a while when we moved this fall (plus about half of them had kitty colds). One of the cats likes to play in the water dish...he splashes around, and dips his paw in the water, licks his paw, then shakes the excess water out -- then does the whole routine over and over again. The cat makes a mess!

And if your cat likes running water, that might be a good thing to get for him (and kitties need Christmas gifts too, you know! )

And I was thinking about your cat's symptoms -- some of mine acted very much like that when they had colds. Loki went off, curled up and went to sleep for a couple of days. He dind't eat or drink much either. He didn't even sleep with me, and Loki LOVES to sleep with me! But after a couple of day he felt better and started back to his old routine.

So maybe your cat just was feeling a bit under the weather and is now feeling better. I hope so. Still, best to keep an eye on him and check with a vet if he just doesn't seem quite right.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:52 AM   #219
ONE
love, blood, life

Roy
Old 12-21-2005, 09:47 AM   #220
Blue Crack Addict

Cats are the sweetest little creatures ever.

I hope Roy is ok, FH.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:48 AM   #221
Blue Crack Addict

ok here is our new (sick) cat. Her spots are so cool. She looks like an Ocicat or Spangled kitty:

Old 12-21-2005, 10:05 AM   #222
Blue Crack Addict

oh lies! She is so beautiful.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:26 AM   #223
Blue Crack Addict

Yes I think she's lovely, even with her eye infection and snipped ear. She's pretty tiny too, but very affectionate. So much for being feral.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:28 AM   #224
Blue Crack Addict

oh, I forgot to say her name is Eden. At least that was her shelter name and we'll probably keep it for lack of a better idea.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:28 AM   #225
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh god, Lies! What a gorgeous kitty! I hope she gets better real soon!!!!