For Cat Lovers Only...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Calluna Tuna how are your kitties doing? :)

You should post some pics.

They are good but I think Xena has a cold right now. She is sniffling a bit and one of her eyes is runny. I should probably take her to the vet and have it looked at.

I do have a couple of pics I could post actually. :hmm:

Well, turns out I only have one, actually. You've already seen the others. I need to take more pics of my babies.

Here is one of Xena at Christmas time. She liked to sleep underneath the tree. She loves ribbons and tissue paper and everything too so she is a Christmas cat.

XenaChristmas.jpg

:cute:

I found some pics on the cat board that I had posted for you Calluna.

Mishka

mishka001.jpg

mishka002.jpg

And Xena

xena002.jpg

xena001.jpg

Sicy said:
I hate going into pet stores, I want to always take them all home :scream:

:yes:

Last time I had a serious look at the Petsmart cats, the rescue volunteers convinced me to come back the next day and adopt 8 week old "Cody" (now Posh). She was my birthday present to myself (coincidentally, adoption day was on my birthday). I almost took two b/c it was a two-for-one kitten day and she was playing so well with her sister, I felt bad for leaving that kitty there alone.

kellyahern said:
must be a nice break from all us U2 crazies :shifty: :lol:

Yes it is.. and I dont have to feel like such a freak when I talk about my cats because everyone there are cat freaks just like me :lol:

finally found what we were looking for

Just thought Id pop in to say after the hard times late last year with our pet cat, we hemmed and hawed and we talked about it, and decided we'd look at cats. We decided if we got another one, it would be black and shorthair domestic. Not to replace Caine, but because he had such a good temperment etc....but we found out it is not easy to find black cats for adoption. We talked to many a shelter and they seemed to all say the same thing. Black cats are seen by most as unadoptable, because of the myth that they carry about bad luck. So most shelters either take them in and put them down because they are not adopted, or they refuse to take them in the first. WHo would do such a thing I have no idea, I find them simply beautiful.

Anyhow, we came across a shelter/boarder who had a black kitten, who she took in from a shelter who was going to put it down. Kitty is not more than 2. Originally rescued we are told, so who know how long the kitten has been unwanted.

He took to us immediately when we saw him, and us to him, and we took him home that day. He is the nicest cat you can ever imagine, playful, loveable, he doesnt nip, bits, scratch nothing. Great with the kids, our female cat Merlot doesnt like him in slightest, hopefully that will change.

But he is the best cat as far as temperment goes, he isnt afraid of anything, and into everything but fully trained. He even didnt mind the vet - go figure.

Anyhow, now we are even thinking of getting another...we wished we could take them all home from the shelter...hopefuully they all find homes real soon..

will post pic soon of Kwai when I get a chance.

Oh dude. That pic has the best of both worlds! I :heart: cats and birdies!!!! :combust:

But seriously, I frickin love cats. Like, everytime I see one, it presses my stupid button and I get very lame, cooey and loveydovey.

Re: finally found what we were looking for

lucky charms said:
but we found out it is not easy to find black cats for adoption. We talked to many a shelter and they seemed to all say the same thing. Black cats are seen by most as unadoptable, because of the myth that they carry about bad luck. So most shelters either take them in and put them down because they are not adopted, or they refuse to take them in the first.
:( That is so sad! I've known some very sweet black kitties; I have one myself! It's sickening that some stupid medieval superstition is the death knoll for an innocent, harmless domestic animal. :madspit:

My neighbor/friend/bf's gf has a beautiful black cat named Behr and he is the sweetest, cutest, most playful loving cat ever!!

I love him!!!

behrbehr.jpg

Well if anyone in lower Michigan/northern Indiana wants a black cat, there's a free one available right now. The owners found out too late they have severe allergies and don't want to turn the cat in to a shelter.

I don't know how I missed this thread. Another cat fan here. Our cat is named Cassidy and she will be 8 this year ( hard to believe) We adopted her when she was three. She is very cute. I remember when Dad and I went looking for another cat (our previous cat, Kaly, died in May 2001 from Leukimia..she was a lovely kitty as well) in August of 2001, I noticed her right away. She would put her head against the cage and purr like crazy. About a week or so later she was ours. We had trouble with her the first week or so. She got really sick, so we took her to the vet and found out she was diabetic. So we have to give her insulin every day. She is so special to us.. and so quirky. She has two different coloured green eyes, black and white longhair with very soft fur. She's inquistive and lively, and very funny. Very good company that's for sure. And you can always tell when there's a storm coming because she gets super crazy.

RavenBlue our first cat when I was growing up had diabetes. I remember my mom havinng to give her insulin every day. She died at age 12 though :( Bless your family for taking on a cat with medical conditions :hug:

Sue DeNym said:
That is a beautiful cat, and well photographed! Black animals are very difficult to get a clear photo of.

I took it with no flash, natural light :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom