For Cat Lovers Only...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sicy said:

Your vets are cheap :ohmy: Zoey's initial check up + tests + meds was about twice that.

Yeah, my vets are absolutely amazing! :heart:

Not only are they VERY clean, sterile, organized, but they don't keep charging you extra for every little thing. Once Beckham had worms and I got him and Posh meds for less than $3 total. Then Posh had vaccinations scheduled that week, so they asked for me to bring in fecal samples, and they tested those without any extra charge.

When they said Beckham had bad teeth and needed a cleaning, I freaked b/c that usually costs $350-$400, but at my place it was only $72 and that included the aneasthesia, blood work, cleaning, being in the hospital all day, and teeth extractions!

Usually my cats' prescriptions are cheaper than my over-the-counter meds. I have to drive way out of the city, but all the vets in the city are too hoity-toity and WAY over-charge. I know my place is clean and legit though b/c it was recommended to me by several people who have experience w/ animals, and one of my Prof's who has purebred Alaskan malamutes, so she wouldn't take them to a clinic that wasn't good.

RedrocksU2 said:

:lmao: to tears!!!!!

I think some of those were on Funniest Home Videos. I remember seeing them. I actually sent a video in to them, Got a contract to sign so I thought they'd show it. If they ever did, I missed it, but my understanding was that they were going to notify me if they show it.

ADORABLE cats on here BTW. I'll be posting some in a little while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click Here: Roy Orbison Postage Stamp Petition

BifferBaby1994.jpg

Biffer - 4 weeks old - 11 ounces (no time to focus camera)

2004-Biffer.jpg

Biffer in 2004 (He was 10 years old then - 11.5 years old now)

2004-LeftyPlayingWithWater.jpg

Lefty playing in the tub

2005-MercyLeftyStuffedKitty1.jpg

Lefty and his sister Mercy
(Will the real cat please stand up?)

2005BifferLeftyCallieOnCouch.jpg

Lefty, Biffer and Callie
(Lazy cats!)

2005MercyCallieLeftyLoungingOnFloor.jpg

Callie, Mercy and Lefty (Even lazier)

2005-MercyCallie.jpg

Mercy and Callie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click Here: Roy Orbison Postage Stamp Petition

mandy1973 said:
Oh my god - your cats are called 'Beckham' and 'Posh' - that is an absolute classic!! I'd love to get another cat and call him Becks - however my hubby is a Tottenham supporter - so i don't think he'd be thrilled about that idea!!! :wink:

:yes: Beckham got his name b/c I called him "Kitty" for months and couldn't think of anything else. He loved to play soccer as a kitten with crumpled paper. Then I got my girl kitty and of course had to name her Posh :shrug: I'm not even into soccer, but of course Becks is lovely and I have his poster on my door, so why not!?

I suppose that means my next three are Brooklyn, Romeo, and Cruz.....

:lmao:
I may as well call Lefty a queen. Never mind he's male! He's pretty and he knows it! The only cat who doesn't demand attention because his self-esteem is very well intact! ;) He doesn't like to be held for long but he'll sit/lay on my lap. And he loves having his bely rubbed...rare for cats! Oh, he doesn't meow much, but when he does, he goes into a meowing fit and he sounds like a baby kitten mewing!

Thanks for the compliments on my babies, y'all!

CatLady, my sister in Florida does what you do, and yes, they screen people who adopt cats. You, my sister and anyone else who does what y'all do are heroes to cats! Keep up the good work!

Thanks Mystery Girl! :hug:

LivLuv, I am so glad Eden's problem turned out to be a UTI...it's so much easier to solve a physical problem than a behavioral one. I haven't been in here in a few days so just catching up now...

My Reilly has chronic UTI issues. Something about his body chemistry causes him to get them; one time he even got stones in his bladder and had to have a surgery to have them removed, poor guy. He's very smart, though...when he feels pain he runs to the sink right away and pees in it so I will see the blood and know he needs help. He does it every time. Gross on the one hand, of course, but it's easy to clean the sink and that's the only place he does it--plus of course it makes me aware immediately that he's having a problem.

So here are all the names and what we call them:

Tucker--Tuckety Smuck Tuck
Webster--Webby, Webster-Lobster
Chelsea--Princess Chelsea Belle, Chellie
Holly--Holly Bear or just Bear
Reilly--Reilly Pants (he's LH and it looks like he is wearing furry pants)
Shannon--Shannon Bonannon or Crazy Psycho (former feral and she never lets you forget it).

Cooper (he's the dog)--Pooper, Coopsnicks, Snoop Dogg, Scooperman-we only call him that when he wears his little cape.

CatLady, your photography of cats is beautiful as well.

Someone tried to stop my sister from doing her work with cats in 2003. A vindictive neighbor complained about her cats, even though she had a cattery, cared for the cats well, saved lives, nursed many back to health, and did not let them roam. The Palm Beach County Animal Care (yeah right) and Control raided her home and took her cats. Too much detail is still hard to even think about. But the judge in court dismissed the case and said of my sister "This woman deserves an award for what she does!" The ACC jumped the gun, though, and did not wait for the judge's decision. Unfortunately, that doesn't bring back 60 cats - including Dusty, a 15-year-old cat who belonged to our grandfather when he passed away...we would have liked to have kept Dusty in our family, and their excuse for "euthanizing" her was "she was too old to adopt." They didn't even give her a chance! The media only saw what they wanted to see, and sensationalized the whole story and tried to make my sister look bad.

But we Hansens are not quitters! My sister bought a big sprawl of propert in a nearby county. The palm Beach County Animan (so-called) Care and Control can just kidss our @$$es!!!!!!

So, I am an avid, passionate supporter of no-kill animal shelters, and I highly support anyone who does this kiund of work.

Last edited:
:love: Cute babies!!!!!

MysterGirl you dont know how much your story pisses me off! Well I'm sure you do. I hate people.

MysteryGirl said:
CatLady, your photography of cats is beautiful as well.

Someone tried to stop my sister from doing her work with cats in 2003. A vindictive neighbor complained about her cats, even though she had a cattery, cared for the cats well, saved lives, nursed many back to health, and did not let them roam. The Palm Beach County Animal Care (yeah right) and Control raided her home and took her cats. Too much detail is still hard to even think about. But the judge in court dismissed the case and said of my sister "This woman deserves an award for what she does!" The ACC jumped the gun, though, and did not wait for the judge's decision. Unfortunately, that doesn't bring back 60 cats - including Dusty, a 15-year-old cat who belonged to our grandfather when he passed away...we would have liked to have kept Dusty in our family, and their excuse for "euthanizing" her was "she was too old to adopt." They didn't even give her a chance! The media only saw what they wanted to see, and sensationalized the whole story and tried to make my sister look bad.

But we Hansens are not quitters! My sister bought a big sprawl of propert in a nearby county. The palm Beach County Animan (so-called) Care and Control can just kidss our @$$es!!!!!!

So, I am an avid, passionate supporter of no-kill animal shelters, and I highly support anyone who does this kiund of work.

People completely suck! I can't believe the neighbor did that. The poor cats. :( :sad: I'm glad your sister took all these cats in and took care of them. :)

There was a case around here about some lady who had many cats in her house. You think she took care of them but she was a bit psychotic to be honest with you. She had court cases in so many things including trying to get her cats back when they were taken away. I'm glad that she didn't get them back after what she did to them. I can't even go into detail about what she did with them it makes me so upset. :sad:

Sicy said:
:love: Cute babies!!!!!

MysterGirl you dont know how much your story pisses me off! Well I'm sure you do. I hate people.
To say the whole thing pissed (and pisses) me off would be putting it mildly. What happened to my sister and her cats broke her heart, broke my heart, infuriated many of our family members, etc. etc. It made me an even more passionate activist against such things than I was before. When I got the news, at work up here in Nashville, I was so upset that day that I had to leave work.

This isn't my cat, but a former roommate's cat. Her name is Smokey. The roommate and cat lived here for 2 years. I'm still friends with that roommate and Smokey's doing fine. I know she has some Siamese in her. She's got the meow to prove it!! :lol:

Smokey.jpg

Here's a couple of Saki when he was a kitten :lol: ( I dont have any of Zoey, she was already 11 mo when I got her).

sakikirby.jpg

flyingsaki.jpg

sakidemon2.jpg

Sicy said:

That = awesome. I swear he and Beckham are long-lost brothers.

So the other day, I get up, take a shower, and come back to my room to find the largest pile of cat shit ever (it was seriously longer than the cat!). I guess I didn't notice it w/o my contacts in when I went straight to the bathroom after waking up. I couldn't figure out who did it and why, but I'm positive Posh did it since she's the only cat that stays in my room all night. I'm so used to her meowing and singing that it doesn't wake me up anymore. The night before, Melissa left the catfood out after feeding time and Posh and Beckham grazed unsupervised for probably an hour. Poor Poshie! All stuffed with extra food and me not waking up to let her at the litter box! Boy did I learn my lesson. I think my carpet is now cleaner than it was before Poshi dropped that dump! :lol:

MysteryGirl said:
To say the whole thing pissed (and pisses) me off would be putting it mildly. What happened to my sister and her cats broke her heart, broke my heart, infuriated many of our family members, etc. etc. It made me an even more passionate activist against such things than I was before. When I got the news, at work up here in Nashville, I was so upset that day that I had to leave work.

That exact same thing happened with one of the shelters here which my organization used to work with. It was a really small place, the lady who ran it put her heart and soul into it and did a wonderful job in a crap neighborhood that nobody else was willing to bother with. It's a whole long story but bottom line, she got on the wrong side of a debate with ACC (given this is Chicago, imagine what happens when an individual citizen gets into a dispute with a powerful city agency) and they came in, seized the animals, killed most of them in the first 24 hours, and then fabricated a bunch of lies about the woman who ran the shelter. It was horrible.

Of course they look the other way when actual hoarders (like the person U2Girl1978 mentioned) keep hundreds without caring for them....

Thanks for all the support, MG, Sicy, etc, and for all you are all doing!!!

Sicy said:
Here's a couple of Saki when he was a kitten :lol: ( I dont have any of Zoey, she was already 11 mo when I got her).

sakikirby.jpg

:cute:

Petsmart had a little grey kitten available for adoption yesterday. I went there to get Worf a little cat "stepstool" so she could get on my bed easier (she's getting old :( ), and of course we had to stop to look at the cats up for adoption. Unfortunately, Worf does not "play well with others" :reject:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom