For Cat Lovers Only...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
funny3.jpg

I found these buried deep on my computer. This is our cat Otto (we call him everything but that :lmao: ). This is when we got him back in Sept. 2004 - he was about 6 weeks old then :cute:

OTTO21kitten.jpg

Carek1230 said:
Sicy those are sooo funny! Your cat has got to be the most photogenic cat EVER and has the most awesome personality!!

There are actually two different cats there... :mac:

lila arent they sooo cute when they're babies!!! :cute:

Huzzah for gray/silver/charcoal kitties!

My Poshie is such a doll. Her favorite toys are the fake mice. They have to be a certain brand though, any others she will ignore. She has one in white, brown, gray, and green, but she hides them after playing with them and then can't find them for a while. Just now I came out of the bathroom and there is Posh, sitting on the other side of the door waiting for me. I look down and she has the white mouse at her feet, she looks up at me and gives the loudest, longest, cutest "mwaaaaaaah!" ever, like "mom! I finally found a mouse so now we can play fetch!" So now we are playing fetch. :D

Posh also thinks I'm a cat, but it's weird b/c she only acknowledges my head as the "cat". At night, she sleeps wrapped around my head and when she wants to lick me, she will only lick my hair. She even gives me a kitty massage...on my head. When she wants to play fetch in the middle of the night, she drops the mouse on my head.

This is one of my cats -- Rickenbacker Straticaticus -- in his "poor demented kitty" mode. :) My niece just loves this photo, she just can't stop laughing at it.

IMG_0142.jpg

How 'bout we post out cats' names and then what we actually call them.

Beckham - answers to "Becky" or Beckham - I didn't know what to call him and called him "kitty" for three months. Then when I chose Beckham, it sounded too different for him to pick up on, so we called him "Becky" for a while and still do

Posh - answers to Posh or "Poshie", also called "Pickle" or "Stinky" - I started calling her Pickle when she came to me and her face was green, covered in pickle juice. Ellen calls her Stinky b/c she used to fart all the time and when she was a tiny kitten, she didn't go the greatest job of covering her poo in the litter box.

Maximus - answers to Maximus and "Max", Melissa also calls him any assortment of "Mooshmoo" "Moooshkaka" or "Looloonoonooboo".

Eden - no nicknames yet!

My kitty's name is Chloe.

Me and my boyfriend have a couple of nicknames for her.

Chloe Monkey-because she likes to climb onto your shoulders or head and hang out
Chloe Monster-because she's a little terror in the morning.

:giggle:

My boyfriend made up a song about Chloe too. :lol: :reject:

Cat problem - One of our cats is peeing. We have four, and I've narrowed it down to either Eden or Max. I think it's Eden, b/c she's the new one, and we never had a single cat accident before she came. She pees in both of the bathrooms, on the shower mats, or just right on the lino floor (I know b/c she peed on my shower mat and I got pissed so I took my shower mat away and the next day there was pee right on the floor). I know she does it in both bathrooms cus I saw the pee on the floor and then upstairs, I couldn't really tell b/c that mat is off-white to being w/, so I stick a paper towel under it whenever I'm not using it and sure enough, I just noticed there's a yellow circle on the towel. She also pees in random spots in Melissa's bedroom.

So, what's the best thing to do? Try some petzyme spray or whatever and see if it stops? We have three big litter boxes. The biggest one is in Melissa's room, only feet from all the spots where she's peed in that room. We tried scrubbing all the boxes and started with fresh litter, but that didn't help. Do you think she's just trying to mark b/c she's against 3 cats who've already been here for a while?

It's not really my problem since it's not my cat (well, besides that she peed on MY rug), but I'm the one that paid the $300 so the landlord allowed pets and if the peeing doesn't stop, I think Melissa should have to pay me $150 since she has half the cats and hers is the one peeing.

1. Vet check/urinalysis to eliminate possible UTI.

Has she ever used the box or has she always peed outside the box? Since there are 3 other cats in the house she could be just pissed off about that and marking but if she used to use the box and then all of a sudden stopped using it and started peeing elsewhere she could have an infection.

http://www.stickypaws.com/ie.cfm

So about the cats names.. Zoey I call 'Boo Boo'. I am not sure why but I have always called her that. She answers to it like clockwork. She is the most chatty cat ever!!

Saki we call 'Beanz' or 'Beanie Beanz' because when he was a kitten his paw pads looked like little boston baked beans :giggle:

I'd have to say cats are just awesome. Sure, throwing a frisbee at one usually results in it just twisting around in the air and then running away, but they're much better than dogd :wink:

:heart: Cats :heart:

Honestly, if I didn't have a cat, I don't know what I'd do. It's amazing how much they fill me with love every day. It just never gets old.

My cats real names are Will and Roscoe.
:heart:
Will-- Willis, Willard, Wilber, Schmoopie and Baby. He answers to Will, Willis and Baby best. :heart: Will is the talker of the 2.

Roscoe--Roscsie, Ski, Ski-ball. He only answers to Roscoe. Roscoe is so wierd. Whenever someone sneezes he lets out a low litte "meerrrow."

...have you guys heard of medical insurance for your pet?....from what I hear, it is very affordable and it will protect you from those huge bills in your pet needs medical attention..like surgery.

My job offers health insurance for pets. Unfortunately you still have to pay all the fees up front and then you send in a claim and they reimburse you. I don't know if it's like that for any other pet insurance.

Sicy said:
1. Vet check/urinalysis to eliminate possible UTI.

Has she ever used the box or has she always peed outside the box? Since there are 3 other cats in the house she could be just pissed off about that and marking but if she used to use the box and then all of a sudden stopped using it and started peeing elsewhere she could have an infection.

http://www.stickypaws.com/ie.cfm

She's going in Monday to get checked for UTI. I'm kinda hoping it's that b/c that would be the easiest solution. Melissa says she has used the litter box and when we got her, I had to cat-sit for the first few hours and she used the temporary litter box I gave her in my room. I thought maybe she just needs her own box, but how do you keep three others from going in? It's weird b/c she only pees in three places - the bathrooms and Melissa's room. So she never pees on the actual carpet b/c the bathrooms are lino and Melissa's room has crappy indoor/outdoor carpet. We were thinking of putting something down where she pees, but we can't put anything on the bathroom floors or it will get damp and moldy (she pees right where we step out of the tub, either on the mat or on the lino of the mat's not there).

ETA: we found that site already and are going through the possibilities. Hopefully we can figure out what her problem is!

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

She's going in Monday to get checked for UTI. I'm kinda hoping it's that b/c that would be the easiest solution. Melissa says she has used the litter box and when we got her, I had to cat-sit for the first few hours and she used the temporary litter box I gave her in my room. I thought maybe she just needs her own box, but how do you keep three others from going in? It's weird b/c she only pees in three places - the bathrooms and Melissa's room. So she never pees on the actual carpet b/c the bathrooms are lino and Melissa's room has crappy indoor/outdoor carpet. We were thinking of putting something down where she pees, but we can't put anything on the bathroom floors or it will get damp and moldy (she pees right where we step out of the tub, either on the mat or on the lino of the mat's not there).

ETA: we found that site already and are going through the possibilities. Hopefully we can figure out what her problem is!

Update: she was at the vet all day. She had blood in her urine and a UTI. She has to have amoxicillin twice a day (the same pink bubble gum goo I took for chronic ear infections as a kid). They said she's probably just VERY picky, especially being the new cat, so she was holding it for so long, she gave herself an infection, an then associated the litter box w/ pain and discomfort. Kinda ironic considering we adopted her from this terrible rescue with over 200 cats living in one house! How clean and picky could she have gotten there?! :D Ah well, Melissa will just have to clean five litter boxes once a day :lol:

Sicy said:
Glad you took her to the vet :up: UTI's are so dang painful!

Poor kitty :( Good thing I made Melissa take her (and the check-up, the tests, and medication only cost $60). I wonder if she had it even before we adopted her. Ever since we've had her (and even at the rescue place), she squeals when you pick her up, but if you don't touch her, she will come and nest right on your chest for hours (and has an affinity towards people who don't like cats!). Do you think it's painful for her to be lifted? We always though it was b/c she was feral and would rather come to you herself.

It's possible. I've had a bladder infection before and it hurt! Especially when you try to pee, so she probably associated the pain with the litter box, which is why she would go outside the box. She will be feeling much better after a few days of antibiotics :up:

Your vets are cheap :ohmy: Zoey's initial check up + tests + meds was about twice that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom