For Bird lovers only!! pictures, questions, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kiki

New Yorker
mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it
I figured, there's one for dogs, one for cats, so why shouldn't there be one for birds?

Here are a few pictures of my two macaws, Harley (3 years old) and Frankie (4 years old)

100_1774.jpg

Harley

100_1767.jpg

Frankie

babyharley.jpg

baby Harley

harleybath.jpg

Harley after a bath

harleyreading.jpg

Harley reading her favorite book

frankie.jpg

Frankie....trying to figure out what the camera was

100_1767.jpg

Frankie in the sunshine

100_1798.jpg

Harley and Frankie playing

Nice toys, I read somewhere that macaws, being sooo intelligent, require constant stimulation and bonding with their owners. As they mate for life in the wild, they get really attached with their owners when they are pets. Are these really attached to you? They're soo pretty!

Babydoll said:
Nice toys, I read somewhere that macaws, being sooo intelligent, require constant stimulation and bonding with their owners. As they mate for life in the wild, they get really attached with their owners when they are pets. Are these really attached to you? They're soo pretty!

Harley was our first, she was actually my wedding gift to Brian. Well, paying her off was my wedding gift to him. We came across her when she was 3 months old. We did alot of research on macaws, and yep, you're right Babydoll, they mate for life in the wild.

Harley is pretty attached to both me and Brian, but I think I'd have to say that she's a bit more attached to Brian. She's his little girl! She hates it when he leaves the room she's in, and if both of us are out of eyesight, she screams and carries on. She did that this morning to me, I was just around the corner and out of her sight and she carried on.
Frankie was a rescue bird. The family that had him before had SEVERAL birds and weren't able to take care of them anymore, they were also going through some pretty personal things at the time and were trying to get excess responsibilities out of the house.

Frankie has been with us since June and when he first came home he was terrified on Brian. The only man in the house that he came from didn't hold him for over a year. Frankie had been tearing his feathers and breaking them---a sign of depression in birds.

In the past month he's pretty much let his entire guard down. He walks around the house now like he owns it and like he's hot stuff! He loves to cuddle up in my arms like a baby and stay there, but he's also got this fettish with fabrics, so he's forever trying to feel new things...and poke holes in them!

So yep...I'd say they're pretty attached! If the two of them had it their ways, they'd be at work with me and Brian every day. Either that or they'd just keep us at home to wait on them beak and foot.

Oh, when we brought Frankie home, we contacted the bird store he came from, which was the same place we'd gotten Harley from. Turns out they really are brother and sister. Frankie was from a clutch before Harley, but they have the same breeder bird parents.

oooooooo and yes Harley and Frankie like people, but Harley does prefer men, and Frankie does prefer women........sluts..... :lol: jk

Last edited:
They are gorgeous! :cute:

I would like to get a bird, although maybe something smaller, like a canary. I don't know too much about them, though, so I am still researching it.

And there are my cats to consider. I wouldn't want to get a bird and have it be in any sort of danger because of the cats.

your birdies are so pretty kiki!
cool lookin rooster, bug! was he potty trained?

i used to have a parakeet named Scully. she was my bff. she seriously chirped when Mulder called out her name on tv.

Kiki said:

Harley was our first, she was actually my wedding gift to Brian. Well, paying her off was my wedding gift to him. We came across her when she was 3 months old. We did alot of research on macaws, and yep, you're right Babydoll, they mate for life in the wild.

Harley is pretty attached to both me and Brian, but I think I'd have to say that she's a bit more attached to Brian. She's his little girl! She hates it when he leaves the room she's in, and if both of us are out of eyesight, she screams and carries on. She did that this morning to me, I was just around the corner and out of her sight and she carried on.
Frankie was a rescue bird. The family that had him before had SEVERAL birds and weren't able to take care of them anymore, they were also going through some pretty personal things at the time and were trying to get excess responsibilities out of the house.

Frankie has been with us since June and when he first came home he was terrified on Brian. The only man in the house that he came from didn't hold him for over a year. Frankie had been tearing his feathers and breaking them---a sign of depression in birds.

In the past month he's pretty much let his entire guard down. He walks around the house now like he owns it and like he's hot stuff! He loves to cuddle up in my arms like a baby and stay there, but he's also got this fettish with fabrics, so he's forever trying to feel new things...and poke holes in them!

So yep...I'd say they're pretty attached! If the two of them had it their ways, they'd be at work with me and Brian every day. Either that or they'd just keep us at home to wait on them beak and foot.

Oh, when we brought Frankie home, we contacted the bird store he came from, which was the same place we'd gotten Harley from. Turns out they really are brother and sister. Frankie was from a clutch before Harley, but they have the same breeder bird parents.
oooooooo and yes Harley and Frankie like people, but Harley does prefer men, and Frankie does prefer women........sluts..... :lol: jk

:lol:

Yeah they can be really, really possesive. They're also insatiably curious, which explains his fascnination with fabrics :cute:

What do you feed them? Do they talk and sing, etc?

My parents have a Green-Cheeked Conure named Ringo. First got him when I was a senior in high school (he's about 11 now), and he's still as squawky as ever, and can be quite temperamental, but he can also be a cool, affectionate birdie. When he feels like snuggling, his favorite place is on the shoulder, snuggling up against your neck. I think he bonded with me the most when I was living there, but I only visit once or twice a year now, so mom is his favorite person now.

web.jpg

On my brother's shoulder
web.jpg

Last edited:
Dieman, your conure is adorable!!!! And such a beautiful green!! :love:

Bug---that's awsome that you had a rooster!!!! you were really keeping him in the house?!

Babydoll---yep they talk. Harley loves JoJo's Circus, a cartoon on the Disney channel, and she's learned or picked up alot from watching that.
Frankie's starting to. Now that he's comfortable at home and knows he's truely part of the family, he's gotten better about talking. Harley talks the most, she says: I love you, Hello?, Hi, HIIII!!!, How are you? I'm fine, Is that good?, Mmmmmmmm!, OH BOY!, Harleys a good boy--NO you're a good girl! ha ha ha, STOP!, NO!, Ralph!(my dad's name), and her latest has been HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Frankie.....so far right now he's keeping it to "HI!, Hello, and Mmmmmmmmm!!!!"

The best is when Harley's in a goofey mood and she does her little skit of "Harley's a good boy, NO! You're a good girl...HA HA HA"
she's a nerd. :lmao: but I love her!

I had him inside a lot but he liked to be outside with his hos and the local tomcats.

When he was inside he'd get on my lap and watch TV and whatnot, he'd get down and run to the bathroom when he needed to go.... cute stuff.
He got to a little over two feet tall mainly due to what I fed him when he came in: Veggie pizza and pecan sandies. :cute:

Back
Top Bottom