Football or Rock & Roll?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Football or Rock & Roll?

• Football

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Rock & Roll

Votes: 34 58.6%

• Total voters

Eliv8

Refugee
OK, so you were the 106th caller to your local radio station (in a Monopoly board game kind of a way) and your choice of prizes are ...

1 - A trip to see your country play in Germany in the World Cup final.*

Or

2 - Hawaii to see U2?

*Just for the sake of the poll, your country is in the final 2.

being english i'd say option 1

im sure brazilians would choose option 2 , u2 go south america every 5 years if lucky , the world cup goes back there every 4.

Let's see here...

Favorite band that I'm NOT much into right now and who I've already seen live...

Vs.

- the greatest tournament in the world
- the greatest sport on earth
- being held in a country that I've been dying to visit
- plus my country is playing the final, you say???

no brainer :wink:

By the way... U2 is no longer rock n roll.

So I believe the thread title needs to be edited. :wink:

that's not even remotely close..football by a mile. :drool:

for those who don't like football, what would you say if option #1 was about your fav sports team getting to the biggest game in that sport (world series, NBA finals, super bowl etc)....?

I don't really even enjoy watching soccer (football...blah blah) but I would have to say football. There really has got to be nothing more exciting than those fans. I had a good time at a DC United game. That being said if we were to say U2 at Live Aid or at Wembley (insert any ginormous European/MExican stadium) during the Joshua Tree tour...well then you have yourself a battle!!:eyebrow:

Zootlesque said:
...Cos the words Rock n Roll remind me of Led Zeppelin and NOT chart friendly pop rock U2. :happy:

Start a thread with these exact words in EYKIW and see how quickly it takes for the post to get 200+ replies before getting locked by a mod :wink:

Zootlesque said:
Don't mind me. U2 is the last thing on my mind these days. ;)

That would appear to be a lie.

Anyhow, which option works better.

1. Go to the concert. Read about the game later.

2. Go to the game. Read about the concert later.

#1 is better. Music is better than ALL sport.

MrBrau1 said:

U2 aren't on your mind anymore. Yet they're part of every post you made in this thread.

Contradiction?

This thread concerns U2, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

Damn wise cracking baby! :wink:

Having already seen U2 once overseas (in Dublin, not in Hawaii, and having spent an arm and a leg to do so), I'll go with (1).

I would've gone with #2 if it were a band I'm more interested in, or if U2 were guaranteed to play a set of decent songs, or if it were in a place I'm remotely interested in visiting. Hawaii honestly just doesn't look that attractive to me. Were it U2 in Auckland, or U2 in Dublin, or something along those lines, then I might've given that option more consideration.

Also, the idea of New Zealand not only qualifying for the World Cup but making the final is just so funny that I'd have to actually be in attendance to believe it's happening.

Definately Number 1................why would i go to another place in the world to see U2 when they can come to me!

Hopefully this will be me in a few days anyway, i entered in a competition to win exactly that, a trip for 2 to Germany,flights and accom. paid for and $500 to spend for 4 days, the winner will be announced on Monday night!!!!!!*fingers crossed*:hyper:

a great R&R show is infinitely better than any great sporting event. And I am a big fan of sports in general

well... to be fair...

if i had the choice to go to a u2 concert or game 7 of the nba finals/world series and/or the super bowl, and my favorite team is playing, i'd chose the sporting event.

i had zero interest in going to the world cup when it was here in the US, so, yea

Last edited:
I love U2 as much as I love superbowl and NBA finals, but world cup beats them all,hands down.It units the world.Maybe USA people don't get it, but every other part on Earth is just mad about WC. You got Africans siting in a small tree house with LCD television cheering their nation,far east teams,Iran takes a break for a mounth with their atomic crazy intentions,Balkan teams,South Africans.It's priceless

I still dont know what the heck is soccer , is like a fight sports , inspired by old batman series , when the punchs were thrown and there was like "Soc" ? :eyebrow:

Anyway choice 1 , give a break to u2 now :wink:

Back
Top Bottom