Football or Rock & Roll?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Football or Rock & Roll?

• Football

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Rock & Roll

Votes: 34 58.6%

• Total voters
football by a light year.

it's embarassing reading all the north american replies... why soccer isn't bigger here i'll never know.

yes, let's watch BASEBALL instead.

and hockey? why don't americans care about hockey??

the enigma that is the united states and their facinations for sports not named hockey or soccer will never be understood by... me.

I'd rather chew my own leg off than go to a football match im afraid..so option two versus anything really!

DREAM : world cup final , england v germany but before kick off u2 play 4 songs.

HEAVEN.

germany played the best football of their lives but still manage to loose 1-0 to a great england team.

Zoomerang96 said:

and hockey? why don't americans care about hockey??

Hockey taps into the same part of my brain that music does. When it's a great game, it can be just as stirring as a great song.

I love playing soccer/football, but that has never really translated into a passion for watching it, strangely enough. This year, however, I'm finding that the World Cup is actually helping with my hockey playoff withdrawal symptoms (mostly, the compulsive need to follow a small object across a playing surface, where beautiful passes are often made against all odds.)

It would be amazing to see a World Cup game in person. I'm guessing it's pretty electric to be there.

U2 vs football? I'll take the game, at least until the next tour. I'm officially out of Vertigo.

That's a mean question, but I would choose sport. There is nothing like being in the stadium for a huge game. I'm still upset I didn't get to go to last year's USC/ND game.

As for the US actually making the finals, that would be amazing. I've really enjoyed watching the World Cup this year. American Football still wins for me though, but soccer has moved ahead of basketball.

Back
Top Bottom