Football: NCAA vs NFL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which do you like more?

• NCAA

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • NFL

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Football (American) is easily my favorite sport. In anticipation of the soon to be arriving season, I post this question for you all:

Which do you like more, NCAA or NFL???

It is indeed a tough choice. I admit to loving both, but in the last few years I've begun to enjoy watching NCAA games more than NFL. What do you prefer?

For anyone who cares: I like NCAA more because more teams focus on running the ball. I've never been a big fan of passing teams.

Quarterbacks are pansy pretty boys :down:

Last edited:
Without a doubt the NCAA. every game means something- or everything if your team is in the hunt for the MNC. NFL teams can lose 7 times and still make the playoffs.

NCAA all the way - the game is played from the heart.

Nothing compares to a college rivalry game. The emotion in the stadium couldn't be matched by an entire season of NFL.

Nothing will beat the Jets/Pats for me... (J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS)

but, College football is still awesome to watch... I just tend to like the NFL a bit more. The NFL is really full of parity in recent years, too, which is a big plus.

If it were college basketball, there would be no question...the NBA blows IMO.

traveler.jpg

footballfootballfootballfootballfootballfootballfootballfootballfootballfootball

nbcrusader said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :mad:

(to the tune of the usc fight song): this is the only song we know. it's boring and it's slow.

:angry:

:applaud:
a-helmets-350w.jpg
:applaud:

i can honestly HARDLY FREAKING WAIT for football. :drool: :hyper: :sick:

DiGi said:
Washington State is going to clean house with on ND on Sept. 6th

:mad:

i just got my wash st. tix in the mail. we're ready for you. i hope you're ready for us.

:angry:

what have you done digi?! :scream:

:sexywink:

you should have. then i could have made fun of you to your face after we beat you. j/k. :sexywink: :D

:hyper: FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Re: footballfootballfootballfootballfootballfootballfootballfootballfootballfootball

Screaming Flower said:
(to the tune of the usc fight song): this is the only song we know. it's boring and it's slow.

See, even you sing along to the greatest band in all of college football - THE SPIRIT OF TROY!!

:up:

ps. did ND settle on a coach for this year?? :sexywink:

nbcrusader said:

ps. did ND settle on a coach for this year?? :sexywink:

ha ha. :mad:

:lol:

i swear every year after the usc game, i have that damn song of yours in my head for days. i hear they even play it OVER AND OVER during practice the week leading up to the game.

:crazy:

It must be part of the school's psy ops program. I remember the 1990 Rose Bowl. Bo Schembechler's last game for the University of Michigan. My wife and I had seats smack in the middle of the Michigan section (two spects of cardinal & gold in a see of maize and blue).

By the fourth quarter, many of the Michigan fans gave up cheering for their team because they were sick of hearing Tribute to Troy (the Fight Song is not played as often).

Screaming Flower said:
you should have. then i could have made fun of you to your face after we beat you. j/k. :sexywink: :D

:hyper: FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

haha I just looked on Ebay for tickets - kinda of high.

SF I have the same issue with the USC song....

Re: footballfootballfootballfootballfootballfootballfootballfootballfootballfootball

Screaming Flower said:

They also know "Tusk" and "Don't Stop (Thinking About Tomorrow)."

I prefer NCAA football. I ignore NFL football.

12891.jpg

~U2Alabama

zonelistener said:
I would prefer to hear TUSK at USC games.

My only ND game I ever saw was ND v. USC.

Of course the fine Catholic institution won!

And might I add the University of Alabama Million Dollar band performs "Tusk," perhaps because elephants have tusks.

My only SC game I ever saw was Auburn v. SC.

Of course the fine private institution from Los Angeles won!

The SC fans were nicer to us than the UCLA fans had been to us two years before.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom