Football: NCAA vs NFL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which do you like more?

• NCAA

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • NFL

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
In all honesty, I do blame GW Bush for our coaching troubles. he and his Dad are good buddies wiht Robert Gates, the President of Texas A&M who also served as CIA director under Bush Sr. When Gates saw that Alabama had a good coach in Dennis Franchione, he hatched a conspiratorial plot to lure him away from Alabama with the aid of agents of Bush's Justice Department in Memphis, Tennessee. The A&M fans loved it because we had hired the legendary Paul "Bear" Bryant away from aTm in 1957.

After they took Fran away from us, they directed Mike Price our way, only to set him up with strippers in is room and a $13,000 room service order for bacon and eggs on a Pensacola, Florida golf outing. This was to get back at us for not wanting them to take Fran.

I don't believe any of that, but if you believe some of the things floating around these days, well...

~U2Alabama

U2Bama said:

And might I add the University of Alabama Million Dollar band performs "Tusk," perhaps because elephants have tusks.

My only SC game I ever saw was Auburn v. SC.

Of course the fine private institution from Los Angeles won!

The SC fans were nicer to us than the UCLA fans had been to us two years before.

~U2Alabama

Glad to hear you got some proper Trojan hospitality! :up:

well if ty willingham blows it this year for nd i'm going to blame gw as well. after all ty and condi rice are good buds from their stanford days. gw lured condi away just to distract ty. he had to leave the comfort of stanford for the harsh winters of south bend, in. it's all gw's fault.

I'm also going to blame GW for Auburn being ranked #6 pre-season in the AP & Coaches' polls. Why, you might ask? Simple: GW visited the Auburn campus last year for a Congressional candidate's campaign and gave a big "War Eagle!" which Auburn now uses on their pre-game jumbotron video. And don't get me started on former University of Tennessee President Lamar Alexander being elected to the U.S. Senate...

~U2Alabama

i am a believer that gw will be the end of ncaa football as we know it. it's a sad state of affairs.

I'll see if I can dig up an article about it. Believe it or not, there was one several months ago when the Fran events transpired.

~U2Alabama

maryland.gif

terp_logo.gif

NFL!!!! I love football but could never get into the college game. I think these are the main reasons:

1- In the NFL, there is a clear winner with a playoff system. In college, you only have writers voting for a mythical national championship. That taints the value of it for me. If college had a playoff system, I would like it as much as NCAA basketball.

2- I am someone who gets attached to a certain group of guys, and in college those are always changing. It's worse now that they can leave early. Of coure free agency has broken up the connection I felt with certain NFL Teams, but still not as bad as college. It's like, U2 would not be the same band to me if they changed members every 2-4 years. That's just how it feels for me. I feel no attachment to any college and I don't care about the rivalries.

Saturday along the Olentangy. Nothing better. Go Buckeyes!

O-H-I-O!

Maybe I should visit this forum more than once a month. :wink:

Anyway, I far prefer NCAA football. My favorite teams are Oklahoma (alma mater), Michigan (where my dad grew up), and Georgia (my other alma mater). It is coincidence and not bandwagonism that they all happen to be in the top ten right now. I also like Colorado State--Bradlee Van Pelt = :drool: .

My office is across the street from the Oklahoma Memorial Stadium and on Friday they were testing the PA system for the upcoming Big Red Rally. I got chillbumps hearing "This is Oklahoma Football!" :hyper:

My favorite time of year is football season, and I will sit in front of the tele all day and all night Saturday (preferably under a blanket with the windows open as a cool autumn breeze blows through the house) watching any game that's on. Tonight I watched K-State vs. Cal and was so excited even though I could give a damn about either team. I could go on and on about how much I love college football, but you've probably already stopped reading!

:heart: College football :heart:

only a few days away now SF: you can start preparing yourself with the cougar fight song here.

Fight, fight, fight for Washington State! Win the victory!
Win the day for Crimson and Gray! Best in the West, we know you'll all do your best, so
On, on, on, on! Fight to the end! Honor and Glory you must win! So
Fight, fight, fight for Washington State and victory!

i'll be thinking of you digi as i sit in the house that rockne built and watch my irish tame your cougars. :sexywink:

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom