Football Football Football

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Btw, Dumphy has spent a lot of the time on the panal during Irelands soccer games for years up to a few years ago when I think he appeared drunk. He famously got so pissed off during Ireland-v-Eygpt in World Cup 1990 (game was shite and finished 0-0) that afterwards he stated he was ashamed to be Irish while throwing his pen around the studio.

Toys were definitely out of the pram that day

Party Boy said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Btw, Dumphy has spent a lot of the time on the panal during Irelands soccer games for years up to a few years ago when I think he appeared drunk. He famously got so pissed off during Ireland-v-Eygpt in World Cup 1990 (game was shite and finished 0-0) that afterwards he stated he was ashamed to be Irish while throwing his pen around the studio.

Toys were definitely out of the pram that day

An drunken eejit!

:yes:

Oh yeah, am Irish. Been living in london for past 6.5 years. Before that, lived in Oz for a year and travelled the world for another year. So its been a good 8 or so years since I lived back home. And now I am moving to Toronto. A slightly nomadic existance!

Party Boy said:
Oh yeah, am Irish. Been living in london for past 6.5 years. Before that, lived in Oz for a year and travelled the world for another year. So its been a good 8 or so years since I lived back home. And now I am moving to Toronto. A slightly nomadic existance!

You´re a true Cosmopolitan

:wink:

Party Boy said:

You really have got around havent u! Fairplay to u! :up:

Party Boy said:

never a truer sentence has been spoken when talking about Dumphy. He has (or had??) a radio show and has had a few court appearences for drink driving.

He has a well fit daughter tho....:drool:

Drunk driving, too?

OMG............................................:wink:

But at least he´s done a good thing in his life..................a hot daughter.......................:drool:

Party Boy said:

Thanks! As soon as I get to Canada, that will be my... um.. 53rd country to visit. Love travelling

I wish Fairplay to you, too!

53rd visited country?!?!....................................Boy!
Why don´t you compete to enter the Guinness as the most travelling man of the world??

The Dunphy Show
When The Late Late Show began its new season in September 2003, a number of changes were launched, including a new set and a re-arranged theme music that incorporated a strong drum beat that bore some resemblance to the old opening to the old show theme. It had a new rival, The Dunphy Show whose host, Eamon Dunphy attacked Gay Byrne in the media for suggesting that the Irish market was not big enough to carry two rival chat shows on the one night, and that Dunphy would be much wiser to run on a different night and build up an audience base. Dunphy's on-air admission that he likes recreational drugs proved negitive for his show. The Dunphy Show peaked at half the already declining viewership of The Late Late Show. The new show then steadily declined further, pulling in only 50,000 viewers more than watched the US show Judge Judy on the channel. After 15 shows The Dunphy Show was axed by TV3.

Party Boy said:
The Dunphy Show
When The Late Late Show began its new season in September 2003, a number of changes were launched, including a new set and a re-arranged theme music that incorporated a strong drum beat that bore some resemblance to the old opening to the old show theme. It had a new rival, The Dunphy Show whose host, Eamon Dunphy attacked Gay Byrne in the media for suggesting that the Irish market was not big enough to carry two rival chat shows on the one night, and that Dunphy would be much wiser to run on a different night and build up an audience base. Dunphy's on-air admission that he likes recreational drugs proved negitive for his show. The Dunphy Show peaked at half the already declining viewership of The Late Late Show. The new show then steadily declined further, pulling in only 50,000 viewers more than watched the US show Judge Judy on the channel. After 15 shows The Dunphy Show was axed by TV3.

Oh, Dear...................This man deserves a monument...................:wink:

I love the last sentence...

Biography
Eamon Dunphy is Ireland's best-known journalist and has forged a distinguished career in radio, television and print journalism. Best selling author, radio current affairs host and television quizmaster, Dunphy began his career as a professional footballer.

He has penned many biographies including a Roy Keane biography which is the best selling book in Irish publishing history and a U2 biography The Unforgettable Fire: The Definitive Biography of U2.

He is also the author of the best selling Only a Game?, a sport autobiography, considered by many to be the best sports book of its generation.

When not writing or presenting, Eamon has been an analyst on RTE's The Premiership and International soccer matches. In 2002 he presented The Irish version of The Weakest Link.

Party Boy said:
I love the last sentence...

Biography
Eamon Dunphy is Ireland's best-known journalist and has forged a distinguished career in radio, television and print journalism. Best selling author, radio current affairs host and television quizmaster, Dunphy began his career as a professional footballer.

He has penned many biographies including a Roy Keane biography which is the best selling book in Irish publishing history and a U2 biography The Unforgettable Fire: The Definitive Biography of U2.

He is also the author of the best selling Only a Game?, a sport autobiography, considered by many to be the best sports book of its generation.

When not writing or presenting, Eamon has been an analyst on RTE's The Premiership and International soccer matches. In 2002 he presented The Irish version of The Weakest Link.

In poor words..................he´s a kinda hero!

:wink:

Party Boy said:

never a truer sentence has been spoken when talking about Dumphy. He has (or had??) a radio show and has had a few court appearences for drink driving.

He has a well fit daughter tho....:drool:

:rolleyes:

and you guys get all upset when me and iris :drool: over frankie lampard or mourinho and you are looking for pics of some drunks "fit daughter".

at least the people we are drooling over actually play or manage footie.

Back
Top Bottom