Football Football Football

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Villa legend. left us about 3 years ago. played with passion, wore his heart on his sleeve, during the derby at St Andrews this season he was in the crowd in the villa end (the camera focused on him), scored in the 1996 League Cup final.

legend really.

see now, i mention the name of the great man ian taylor and you start talking about some french guy who kicks fans and talks to the press about seagulls. honestly. some strange people round here.

:wink:

Aardvark747 said:
Cat got ur tongue?!:evil: :rockon:

nah i had a lecture to go to actually. was nice to hear somebody speak about something that isn't manchester united blah blah blah rooney blah blah blah george best blah blah blah champions league blah blah blah

:wink:

P.S. the 1996 league cup final was a much better final than the shockingly boring 1996 FA cup final :yawn:

Just this

eck05.gif

I'm reading a Liverpool fan forum right now (nothing better to do), and this message came up:

A thought came to mind whilst watching the Sunderland Game. I watched Peter Crouch, a 6' 7" centre forward who can't score, is poor in the air, and has no pace and realised the genius of Rafa Benitez. The team are on the best run in years, don't look like conceding a goal and create a host of chances every game, yet all any body in the press can say is how Crouch can't score. Now i played centre forward and call me old fashioned but in my day you had to be good in the air, able to hold up the ball and bring other players into the game and most importantly of all...take your chances when they came. I now realise I dont understand the modern game, and that is why Rafa and Sven are where they are and I'm managing a pharmacy. Liv 2- Wigan 0. Crouch to put in another fruitless 75 mins before Nando comes on and scores with his first touch. Cheers to all YNWA

Amazing, eh?

Back
Top Bottom