Football Football Football

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a horrible way to end a superb career. Keano is a legend, and the club will remember him forever.

If it wasnt for his contribution in the European Cup semi final in 99, we would never have won that year.

I'll never forget Roy - cheers for all the great performences over the years, and I wish u a happy rest of ur career and a wonderful retirement.

:up:

Aardvark747 said:

I hope so. He deserves to see out his glittering career the way he has always wanted.

has he actually said that though? i know the rumours are that he's always wanted to finish his career with them but has he ever actually said it?

^Yeah he has in a couple of interviews over the years.

This is SO horrible. I have always known Keane at UTD. Who will be our captain now?

Carlos will make THAT choice too I bet!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

i suppose giggs will be captain for the time being as he's the player with the most experience. to make Rio the captain is a joke.

or you could bring back Schemichael out of retirement :wink:

I don't mean to sound negative or anything but i don't think there is an obvious replacement for him who will be vocal on the pitch and will do a real captains job.

sounds like your a big fan of Mr Quiroz then lol

FIRE CARLOS!!!

FIRE CARLOS!!!

FIRE CARLOS!!!

FIRE CARLOS!!!

FIRE CARLOS!!!

FIRE CARLOS!!!

FIRE CARLOS!!!

FIRE CARLOS!!!

FIRE CARLOS!!!

FIRE CARLOS!!!

FIRE CARLOS!!!

FIRE CARLOS!!!

FIRE CARLOS!!!

FIRE CARLOS!!!

FIRE CARLOS!!!

FIRE CARLOS!!!

FIRE CARLOS!!!

FIRE CARLOS!!!

Gary Neville should get the captaincy for sure. I'd worry about giving it to Rio....

My gut feeling is that Fergie will continue with his 'cant give a shit im gonna go at the end of the season' attitude, and hand the armband to Ruud.

:sigh:

wow....that's a bit shocking. i figured he was going to leave but i also thought he was at least going to wait it out til the end of the season.

first veira leaving arsenal and now keano leaving man utd. i wonder which captain will be next.

and i also vote for anyone other than rio to get the captains armband. i'd even prefer rooney to rio. :ohmy: and i agree that it should go to nevile. he won't make the best captain but he's the best the got currently.

keano.jpg

:bow:

Aardvark747 said:
Of course he's be there!!!:drool:

you sure about that?

what if those nasty moneybags men from chelsea come sniffing around? or if those nasty spaniards that play in white who took mr beckham decide they want a piece too?

what you gonna do about that eh eh eh eh :wink:

Yeah and Roy Keane has played how many games for United this season?

He had to leave sooner or later. It's a shock now, and it is indeed a big hole to fill, but it's not like it's not been there for some time.

1stepcloser said:
BREAKING NEWS

Roy Keane has left Manchester United with immediate effect. He is free to sign for any other club.

On a cold November day way back in 1974 i went to see a football match for the first time in my life, Div. 2 match at Boothferry Park, former home of Hull City, the opponents that day, Manchester United, I've been hooked ever since, this is the first season since that day that I won't be attending a match at Old Trafford, because of the G*^$£r takeover, and Keano's exit is just another justification I made the right decision not to renew my membership, in Sept this year approximately 25% of Old Trafford staff were made redundant, Phil Nev's transfer to Everton was mainly to reduce wages, as is Keano's exit, if, & thats not too big an if, United fail to qualify for Champs League second phase, many more will be leaving OT. & I will make a prediction now, on 18th November 2005, Rooney, & Ronaldo won't be at Old Trafford in 2 years time, maybe less. A 650million pound debt cannot be paid off by a business that makes roughly 20-25 million a year, after the big stars have been sold, the next thing to go will be Old Trafford itself.Glazer will definitely be the end of Manchester United as we know it!

jimmmm said:

On a cold November day way back in 1974 i went to see a football match for the first time in my life, Div. 2 match at Boothferry Park, former home of Hull City, the opponents that day, Manchester United, I've been hooked ever since, this is the first season since that day that I won't be attending a match at Old Trafford, because of the G*^$£r takeover, and Keano's exit is just another justification I made the right decision not to renew my membership, in Sept this year approximately 25% of Old Trafford staff were made redundant, Phil Nev's transfer to Everton was mainly to reduce wages, as is Keano's exit, if, & thats not too big an if, United fail to qualify for Champs League second phase, many more will be leaving OT. & I will make a prediction now, on 18th November 2005, Rooney, & Ronaldo won't be at Old Trafford in 2 years time, maybe less. A 650million pound debt cannot be paid off by a business that makes roughly 20-25 million a year, after the big stars have been sold, the next thing to go will be Old Trafford itself.Glazer will definitely be the end of Manchester United as we know it!

That all sounds horrible!:ohmy:

Surely tho the UTD board wouldnt enter into this thing with Glazer lightly? They must have some idea how he intends on paying for things, rather than just getting rid of ppl one by one, and then the stadium! Otherwise what's the point in him buying it in the 1st place?

Aardvark747 said:

That all sounds horrible!:ohmy:

Surely tho the UTD board wouldnt enter into this thing with Glazer lightly? They must have some idea how he intends on paying for things, rather than just getting rid of ppl one by one, and then the stadium! Otherwise what's the point in him buying it in the 1st place?

My guess is he hopes to eventually get sole TV rights for games played at OT, back in 1999, a top London accountancy firm estimated then, for a club of Uniteds standing sole TV rights would have been worth 300million, if he could get the rights all of a sudden that 650million debt doesn't look too lopsided, personally I think it is inevitable sole TV rights for all major clubs in Europe is just a matter of when, not if.

Back
Top Bottom