Football Football Football

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and arsenal have looked good in the champs league for a change
besides i think wenger really wants the chams league more.. he knows he'll always remain under fergusons shadow if he dosent get the CL

I actually thought that Arsenal would do a little worse than they used to in the Premiership but do better than ever in CL, but the way they are losing matches at the moment, I fear they won't do well in the CL, either.

:(

ibiarain said:
and arsenal have looked good in the champs league for a change
besides i think wenger really wants the chams league more.. he knows he'll always remain under fergusons shadow if he dosent get the CL

he'll remain under fergies shadow whether he wins europe or not, fergie has won far more than wenger

i don't see them winning europe, they don't have a deep enough squad

ibiarain said:

remind me how deep was liverpool's squad last year?

well for starters they had/have a captain

i put them winning it down to Benitez, not the squad. if the same were possible from Wenger they'd have won it by now as they were better a few years ago

1stepcloser said:
i think that the winner of chelsea - barca will win the CL.

:up: barca

I watched some of that Real-Osasuna match.

Guti was lucky to be on the pitch, Roberto Carlos as well. Some absolutely awful tackles there.

If Real play like this in February/March they're going out of the Champions League.

Yes, but only if either Croatia or Australia don't make it as well.

Franz Beckenbauer's proclamation that Cote D'Ivoire can make it to the final if they get out of their group is ludicrous though.

yertle-the-turtle said:

Franz Beckenbauer's proclamation that Cote D'Ivoire can make it to the final if they get out of their group is ludicrous though.

I hadn't heard that, but if they beat argentina & holland who couldn't they beat? :shrug:

besides England of course ;)

there's always upsets, who'd of thought Turkey would finish 3rd last time? etc

Der Kaiser's on a good will tour and he made the comments while in Abidjan.

I agree, we could be in for some shocks, but I think if they negotiate the group successfully (at the expense of Argentina or Holland) that would be massive. Senegal-France, anyone?

Back
Top Bottom