Food Poisoning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enggirl

Acrobat
IN the same vein as bono_man's thread about having the flu--sorry bono_man! get well soon!--I've got food poisoning...:sick:

Husband and I went to California Pizza Kitchen Sunday night--each had a chicken-based pizza and shared--and we've both been riding the porcelain stagecoach for over 24 hours now! This is NOT pleasant!

I even called the place to tell them. The guy sounded like he didn't believe me cuz we hadn't gone to the doctor...whatever.:confused:

So, warning to you all--BEWARE BAD CHICKEN! Oh, and if you do get sick, the best advice IS to drink lots of fluids and just lay on the couch and watch your 'Best of" video DVD! (when are they gonna get ZOO and POP on dvd already?)

I once got food poisoning - at a rehersal dinner the night before a wedding (I was the best man). I wanted to die - and not go to the wedding. My wife wouldn't let me not go. I actually got dressed in the car ride over to the church - did my Scripture reading during the ceremony and toasted the happy couple at the reception.

I really do hope you are feeling better soon!!

TY MissVelvet!

I'm just glad thatt his time it isn't as bad as the last time it happened to me (12 or so years ago from shrimp salad--I distincly remember hanging upside down off the side of the bed hurling into a bowl my mom put on the floor for me!). Wow...I think you guys know TOO much about my life now...

I got food poisoning from bad chicken before.. But the only person I could blame was my mother for cooking it. Or lack thereof.

It was horrible. I think I lost 7 lbs that night alone..

what was it again?....anchovies?

You both have my deepest sympathy.
I spent the night in hospital a couple of years ago hooked up to a drip( geez that thing made me cold) and the male nurse took great delight in saying "what was it you ate again...ANCHOVIES?" :evil: just the mention of the word made me:barf: 24 hours I'd not want to experience again..thank you!

There is a stomach bug going through our area at the moment, some very seriously ill people, losing kilos of weight in a few days. My youngest son is now on his 3rd day off school.
A friend is just trying to get me to go in on a bulk buy of olive leaf extract. She claims that it is the latest ancient cure-all.

Get well soon.

aww I'm sorry enggirl, I hope you're feeling better soon :hug:

I got food poisoning once too...from food on the airplane...figures :rolleyes: :lol:

Well, I'm sure I've had food poisoning more than once in my life, but this was the worst...I was coming back from vacation with my parents. Funny thing is, my dad worked for the airline at the time (so I won't mention which one :lol: ), and because he worked with the airline, they were able to upgrade his seat to first class. Since my mom and I were flying with him too, he decided to stay back in coach with my mom, and give me the first class seat. I had chicken salad for lunch...it tasted quite yummy at the time :lol: My mom and dad had the standard airline sub-sandwiches for lunch. By the time we got to the airport, I started feeling like I had a headache. I didn't feel sick or anything yet, and figured it was just because of the stress of traveling. I got home and was tired, but starting to feel a little hungry, so I got a burger at Wendys. Shortly after that is when I got sick...I suppose it could have been the burger at Wendy's, but it was more likely the airplane food...since I'd just eaten the burger, and it usually takes more time for food poisoning to develop than that.

I'll never forget that tho...the worst I think I've ever felt...I also will never forget it, cuz I had to stay home from work that day, and it was the day of the Oklahoma City bombing. Normally I wouldn't have been up early, but I'd been up most of the nite watching tv when I heard about it and I watched news coverage all day between being sick. :sigh:

Thanks for all of your well-wishing everyone!
It's now Friday and FINALLY both me and hubby seem to be over it...it really took a while, tho, to be completely "done" with it. Tomorrow my sis is having a pizza party--needless to say, hubby and I will be bringing something else!
I gotta say, tho, I have felt so LIGHT this week (Monday I go to the doctor and the first thing they do is weigh me...so maybe I'll still be under the effects of all of the sickness? Maybe?)

i had food poisoning a few months ago. i threw up so hard i thought my eyeballs were going to pop out. :crack:

that might have been too much sharing. :|

i'm glad you're feeling better btw. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom