Food phobias?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Do you all have some kind of food phobia? Like when you smell it or it just doesn't look right you shudder and think your gonna hurl?

Mole (some mexican dish with chicken) always scared the shit out of me. I tasted it once, and it just made me sick and I'll never eat it or touch it ever again!

I know you all have some kind of food phobia your dying to share with me!

only when i was a wee thing. i loved anchovies until one day i discovered that they had eyes and were looking at me while i ate them. didn't touch anchovies for years after that

but look mommy i am all grown up now and eat them sexy momma anchovies.

-------
famous rungi

sissy!!!!!!!!!! daafish called foray his baby!!!!!!!! you gotta take taht shit yo?!?!?!?!

i deteste mushrooms, though i have no idea waht they taste like.

i also hate fast food but i eat there sometimes anyway... :S

Zoomerang96 said:

i deteste mushrooms, though i have no idea waht they taste like.

They dont taste like anything!

You can have a knuckle sandwich though! want one? :macdevil:

everyone likes your cookies sweetie

famous rungi said:
daafish i never knew you felt that way

about brussel sprouts

:lol:

Ya, i hate em! cant stand the smell neither...oh...wait I think that's deathsmell....

anyway, i once had to sit at the table until I finshed them. two hours later they were still on my plate when i went to bed.

I don't like shrimp, or any kind of shell fish....

but most of all...SUSHI...never eaten nor ever will eat SUSHI...raw fish...ewwww:no:

When I was creating this thread I asked my mom if I had any crazy food phobias when I was much younger, and she said..."yeah, food." She told me that I didnt like to eat at all, I would eat a few bites, hide it on the side of my cheek, and then spit it out when nobody was looking:shame:

im having lunch with a stupid girl again tommorow.

well shes not stupid, but i hate her.

i dont know why i do things with girls at all. i hate being touched.

its not like we touch or anything, i hate being touched.

what if she eats? surely she wouldnt, not in front of the company of someone as dignified as i?

thoughts?

ABEL said:

but most of all...SUSHI...never eaten nor ever will eat SUSHI...raw fish...ewwww:no:

The funny thing is that sushi doesn't smell fishy. If it did then it means that its bad. It's not as if they catch it, pull the guts out throw on your plate while it's still flopping around....Give a shot sometime you might like it.

I used to think salmon was pretty disgusting because of the way it looked but my grandmother finally convinced me to give it a try. She even went to the market, bought the salmon and the seasonings, and made it for me. I love salmon!

ABEL said:
why are you having lunch with someone you hate?

freak.

actually i dont hate her. shes like one of my best girlfriends.

when i say hate, its usally a coverup. you may have guessed that already...

abel says im a freak. that was what her post said.

i have a great idea...

I'm always afraid that I'm gonna get sour milk. When I was a kid I was at my grammas and she gave me cereal and the milk was sour so she dumped out just the milk and made up powdered milk to put in my cereal. It was :yuck: :barf: but she made me eat it :(

Ever since then I have been unable to drink milk unless sometimes in my coffee. I even eat my cereal dry because of it.

ABEL said:

I totally love fish, its one of my favourite food really, especially shellfish. I like Sushi too, though I dont get to eat it so often. It isnt all raw fish anyway, and if it isnt cooked it can be cured or something.

Anyway, I cant stand mushroom either really, and I dont much like nuts (whole ones that is, if they're just little bits of nuts its ok I suppose)

I hate all kinds of seafood: fish, shrimp, lobster, crab, scallops, etc.

I also don't like eggs- the smell of them cooking makes me wanna :barf:.

This drives my family insane because they all love eggs and seafood. Supposedly I liked both types of food as a little kid but then started disliking them around age 6.

Hello,

What a disgusting thread! Yuck!

Anyway, I agree with the Brussel Sprouts. They are extremely yuckie. When I was 12 or so and had to go to the hospital (nasty broken arm) they asked me for any allergies. Without hesitation I immediately said Sprouts! It helped though, because I know they served it at least once during the 3 weeks I was in the hospital, but I got an alternative meal.

A real phobia for me is mushrooms. I know they taste like nothing but still... I always compare it to the movie Pulp Fiction. When Jules and Vincent are sitting in a cafeteria they discuss why Jules doesn't want to eat pig. His reasoning; a pig is a filthy animal. It may taste like the best thing in the world, but he'll still refuse to eat it. That's what I have against mushrooms. I think they're filthy.

C ya!

Marty

I agree with mushrooms. I used to eat them until I was 6 or so, and then I realized how slimy they looked. Now I can only eat button mushrooms without gagging. :barf: I also can't stand eating a certain food for awhile, if I eat it when I'm sick. A couple years ago I was sick, and I ate Chinese food with walnuts, carrots, celery and rice -- and I STILL can't stand the smell or taste of that dish without feeling nauseous.

Last edited:
soya milk

*retch*

when I was little, up until I was about 13, I was badly allergic to loads of stuff: dairy, wheat, potatoes, colourings, flavourings, preservatives, sugar, loads of other stuff too. So instead of having sweets or chocolate, I had to have rice paper (???!) and instead of cows milk I had to have soya milk. Kind of put me off for life.

Zoomerang96 said:
im having lunch with a stupid girl again tommorow.

well shes not stupid, but i hate her.

i dont know why i do things with girls at all.
Oh god! Shut the fuck up already. I am getting sick and tired of your endless female babble.

i hate being touched.

its not like we touch or anything, i hate being touched.
Really!?! I never would have guessed this seeing as you have only a million damn times.

when i say hate, its usally a coverup

Ok I think it time for you to get off the fucking big wheel, drop the 5th grade mentality and join the rest of us grown up world.

Edited for spelling correction

Last edited:
I literally puke at the thought of gulping cow milk in my throat. :endrant: :barf:

Back
Top Bottom