Food phobias?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: *terrified*

AliTheFOADist said:
I have the biggest fear of coleslaw EVER!!

i remeber when i was a kid and this girl chased me round the school yard with a tub of coleslaw and i was running for my life. god the fear:(

:lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

why was she chasing you with COLESLAW??????????????

that's truly hysterical!

although I'm sure it was very scary for you :silent:

eeewwww sushi, yuk, recently tried this and since was with my boss i had to eat it, ew it really made me wanna yak :p

was salmon and some rice with this green spicey thing on ewww :der: :ohmy: :eeklaugh:

isnt that the bologna with some kind of weird looking red and green shit on them? that i wont eeeeeven touch either. thats friken nasty...

icelle said:
isnt that the bologna with some kind of weird looking red and green shit on them? that i wont eeeeeven touch either. thats friken nasty...

You're thinking of pimento loaf - which is one step above head cheese.

Wasabi is the green horseradish used with sushi. Fun fact ? most wasabi found in the United States contains no actual wasabi ? it is mostly regular horseradish.

nbcrusader said:

You're thinking of pimento loaf - which is one step above head cheese.

Ugh - ok, 5 more to add to my list of foods that give me the heebee-jeebies:

1. pimento loaf
2. head 'cheese'
3. pig's feet
4. cow/calf tongue
5. liver

bonosloveslave said:

Ugh - ok, 5 more to add to my list of foods that give me the heebee-jeebies:

1. pimento loaf
2. head 'cheese'
3. pig's feet
4. cow/calf tongue
5. liver

After hearing "what's for dinner" from our son repeatedly through the day, we finally started telling him "pickled pigs feet". He figured we were teasing and the stuff didn't really exist.

Months later, while walking through a grocery store, we saw a HUGE jar (5 gallon) of - you guessed it - pickled pigs feet. :barf:

BLS - your gving me flashback nightmares - my mom would always cook tongue and liver. :sick: :barf: :censored: :madspit:

na na na na na

ghetofabu said:

Oh god! Shut the fuck up already. I am getting sick and tired of your endless female babble.

Really!?! I never would have guessed this seeing as you have only a million damn times.

Ok I think it time for you to get off the fucking big wheel, drop the 5th grade mentality and join the rest of us grown up world.

Edited for spelling correction [/B]

eat my shorts man! cool your jets dude!

well for starters there's one right for the top of my list

Bart or anyone else's shorts:madspit:
now seriously:eeklaugh: phobia? or dislike? scared of coleslaw?..I wish I had more time to read all this.
I once started a new job as a kitchen hand..they must have been testing me...I had to peel the skin off cow livers:madspit: I didn't know they had skin/membrane yukky stuff until then.
I don't quite understand why mushrooms would be thought of as filthy. I see them as low-fat, tasty, economical good protein substitute....but I would eh?
I once accidently ate a freshly caught fish heart. That took some getting over.
Nope struggling here..I had a very broad palate as a child, I used to eat these wild passionfruit that everyone else thought was gross. Dad enjoyed my dining company...I ate pawpaws and rockmelons and mussels and octopus, from a very young age.My older sister lived on goats milk and baked beans for her first 12 years. I think it is what you get used to...and how hungry you are.
The first time I ever visited my maternal grandfather, he was cooking lambs brains in a fry pan of greasy greasy butter. It made me even more frightened of him.. I think that could be regarded a phobia....of maternal grandfathers...not food.
I think offal has great nutritional value...but i can't eat it.
Just as well you won't dine here.I'm with the Chinese, as much variety as possible. I'm having rhubarb for lunch 'cause I haven't eaten it for yonks and I try to source different natural vits and mins all the time.
Gruesome enough yet?BONO appetit.
I am scared of cows.....but that is before they are slaughtered.
I've seen docos about Asian medicine food, snake's bile, tiger penis, dried monkey gonad etc...NO THANKS!!!:madspit: I'd rather eat shorts.

I obviously like FOOD and raving on:yes:
and you;ll be pleased to know I am connected until the
12th December.Next topic?

Re: *terrified*

AliTheFOADist said:
I have the biggest fear of coleslaw EVER!!

i remeber when i was a kid and this girl chased me round the school yard with a tub of coleslaw and i was running for my life. god the fear:(

you have got to be kidding me?! lmfao! this and the dinner rolls being chunked at the Red Lobster staff is truly making me laugh pretty hard. :laugh:

by the way, i cannot stand coleslaw either. the smell makes me want to --->:barf:

Re: Re: *terrified*

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

by the way, i cannot stand coleslaw either. the smell makes me want to --->:barf:

I actually kinda like coleslaw, but it KILLS my digestive system for 2 days afterwards. So I generally avoid it. For the sake of those around me. :yes:

Re: Re: Re: *terrified*

bonosloveslave said:

I actually kinda like coleslaw, but it KILLS my digestive system for 2 days afterwards. So I generally avoid it. For the sake of those around me. :yes:

:huh: haha...i know what you mean.

on a sushi related note: i tried sushi a few weekends ago and actually liked it. i was scared to try it because i thought i would hurl. but my friends eased me into it. lol it is so kind to have friends who support your food phobias. ;)

Re: na na na na na

Zoomerang96 said:

eat my shorts man! cool your jets dude!

I don't know why I expected more of an intelligent response. I suppose I just think more of people than they really are sometimes.

Back to the topic at hand.

I had sushi last night and it was really good. It is the top listed place in the city for sushi I think. They have really good green tea as well. If I am not mistaken I think they have had top honors for the last couple of years.

ghetofabu said:

I don't know why I expected more of an intelligent response. I suppose I just think more of people than they really are sometimes.

your a fucking idiot. hows that for a response? you come in this thread and start swearing at me and you expect some thought provoking reply?

Zoomerang96 said:

your a fucking idiot. hows that for a response? you come in this thread and start swearing at me and you expect some thought provoking reply?

:sigh:

I just can't tell which is humor and which is not anymore.

neither can i. it doesnt matter though. im in my own little world and my posting style is bound to piss off people.

I hate eggs, olives, squash, mashed potatoes, anythign like that with a squishy texture.

My mother of all phobias is Brie cheese, I cant even be in the same room as it :barf:

wild Rice :down:

My mom made me eat some when i was little and i didnt wanna do it and when i swallowed it it all came back up. BLARG its like eating wood. or worse, splinters

and on the sour milk note....i love milk, but i did have an experience..

once i opened a small carton of milk id just bought after downing some yummy chocolate chip cookies...i was in a hurry and started chugging it. halfway thru the carton i stopped....:yuck: :| it was in fact sour. it was so grosss.....so now i always smell my milk before i chug it...

j:D

Large quantities of milk..

ooh, lactose intolerance!

And I have a fear of anchovies....sardines....and crepa* (italian lab's stomach...probably the most disguting smell in the entire world. trust me)

* I may have spelled this wrong. Ack.

Re: Re: *terrified*

bammo2 said:

:lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

why was she chasing you with COLESLAW??????????????

that's truly hysterical!

although I'm sure it was very scary for you :silent:

lol, well she knew that i HATED coleslaw with a passion, and well she just got an evil streak in her one day and decided to nearly give me a heartattack. nasty girl she is!

I just remembered another food phobia I have...

Sweet Potatos and yams

My mom just made them and I totally forgot how sick I get when I'm near them. It just don't look right!:yuck:

my mom just brought home eggnog. now i won't go near the fridge at all:no: :yuck:

OMC!!! most of the things y'all don't like are things I do like!

I love:

coleslaw
eggs
olives
squash
mashed potatoes
sweet potatoes and yams
wild rice

and

I LOVE EGGNOG!!!!

:drool: :drool: :drool:

gawd, now I'm hungry :|

I guess goat cheese is another phobia of mine, kinda... I mean I'll eat it, and I don't think it tastes bad or anything...but there's just something weird about it, thinking where it came from...I'll eat it if I'm served it, but I don't go out and buy goat cheese for myself

Lately, I have an aversion to eggs. Something about the texture and the taste. I used to love 'em, but now I can't stand the thought of eating them. :drool:

the white stringy part of an egg. not the yoke. not the egg white. but that gross stringy thing, especially when it's hard. yuck.

my sister pointed it out to me years ago, and now I have her same phobia. thanks sis! grrr.

Whenever I make scrambled eggs, I have to take 5 minutes to pull the damn things out of the eggs. Have you every tried it?!?!? slippery little baastards!

I won't get near: :yuck:
Garlic
Ketchup
Liver
Frogs
Snails
Cabbage
Beetroot
Damson
Cucumber
"Floury" Apples

I'm amazed at the quantity of people who hate olives - must be my fave food item

Back
Top Bottom