Food phobias?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shrimp, not so much the taste as the sensation, the little "squishy" feeling when you bite into them. Also I used to hate fish and chips for the longest time, until this summer when my dad asked me to try some from a really popular restaurant in the area. They weren't bad at all.

Mushrooms make me wanna gag. My mom makes the best cream of mushroom soup, I eat it, but she thinks it's retarted that I spit out the bits of mushrooms in it. :der:

Sometimes I wanna hurl at the smell of meat cooking, and burned eggs make me want to vomit. Other than that I'm pretty good.

I think I'm overall just a very picky eater.

A few years back, my sister in law made a green bean casserole (the kind with crispy onions). I came down with the flu the same day. Now, whenever I see green bean casserole, I want to :barf:

This might sounds freakadelic, but I do not, and will NOT eat or go near the following: :crack:

-any kind of seafood - fresh water and saltwater. I eat nothing that comes out of any kind of body of water.
- purple foods
- squash
- meat
- tomatoes
- mushrooms
- hot peppers
- pie
- apples
- guacamole
- avacadoes
- sweet potatoes
-ambrosia salad
-cole slaw
-relish
- Nutella

HelloAngel said:
This might sounds freakadelic, but I do not, and will NOT eat or go near the following: :crack:

-any kind of seafood - fresh water and saltwater. I eat nothing that comes out of any kind of body of water.
- purple foods
- squash
- meat
- tomatoes
- mushrooms
- hot peppers
- pie
- apples
- guacamole
- avacadoes
- sweet potatoes
-ambrosia salad
-cole slaw
-relish
- Nutella

So what exactly *do* you eat? :scratch:

:laugh:

nbcrusader said:
A few years back, my sister in law made a green bean casserole (the kind with crispy onions).

I love that stuff.

:drool:

I kinda had the same thing go on with a chimichanga I ate about 6 years back. It was the day after Thanksgiving and I ate it for lunch, and ended up sick as a dog the rest of TG weekend. :barf: So, I haven't had one of those puppies since 1996.

:wave: Hi everyone! :)

Actually, I'm a vegetarian, and am not a fan of food in general. I eat the same things everyday along with my daily vitamins. If I had the stomach for it, I would go on a liquid diet. I've never enjoyed eating very much, which is odd.. and I suppose I am odd :lmao: but luckily my loved ones find me interesting and put up with my very strange proclivities involving food. :crazy:

To wit -

When I was younger, I was banned from Red Lobster in the Ft Lauderdale/West Palm Beach area.

Why you ask? :lol:

I would scream at the customers as they were picking the lobsters out of the tank to eat. As the waiter put the lobster on the plate to go back and kill it (by dropping it in scalding water), I would cry and throw dinner rolls at them. I guess I couldnt handle being on the premises knowing that the lobsters, etc were being killed on the other side of the wall from where I was seating. I was not even a teenager then. :lmao: :crack:

Even now at the grocery, I squeal loudly at the lobster tank.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
squash
zuccini
raisins
oysters *i would rather swallow my own snot*

:no: :scream:

:lol: I forgot zuccini and raisins!

I believe raisins to be humiliated grapes and I will NOT eat them or anything they've touched.

:crazy:

btw, BLS - I like your words too, baby. :hug:

HelloAngel said:
As the waiter put the lobster on the plate to go back and kill it (by dropping it in scalding water), I would cry and throw dinner rolls at them

lmfao at you throwing dinner rolls at them!!!! :lol:

i totally base my food phobias on apperance and texture. anything that is slimey, squoshy, or wrinkled will not go in my mouth.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

lmfao at you throwing dinner rolls at them!!!! :lol:

i totally base my food phobias on apperance and texture. anything that is slimey, squoshy, or wrinkled will not go in my mouth.

:lol: Yep! It's all true. I was "kindly" asked to leave Red Lobster and not come back many times. My poor parents.... :lmao:

:down: with booger-y foods! :barf: :yuck:

HelloAngel said:

what's a Clementine?

Shoot, I knew someone would ask.......

Actually I thought you'd know cuz I think they're from Florida!

It's like a little orange/tangerine, seedless, really easy to peel, just the right mix of sweet and sour.......:drool:

*edit*
actually they appear to be from Spain :huh:

Last edited:
They are just starting to become available for the season - I spent $8 for a crate like this, I think it's about 5 lbs.

clembox10lb2_lg.gif

Oh another thing that made me queasy was the smell of apple juice. I drank some a long time ago before I went onstage to do a play, and the same day i got sick. I didnt touch apple juice for 10 years.

ABEL said:
I don't like shrimp, or any kind of shell fish....

but most of all...SUSHI...never eaten nor ever will eat SUSHI...raw fish...ewwww:no:

Shrimp is mine too. :scream: Once, we ordered some shrimp, battered in this great-looking, great smelling, coconut batter.
And I was like "Mmmm, I have to have one of those!" even though I'm not big on fish and had never even *tried* shrimp before. Biting into it, the texture was just not what I expected and my mom looks at me and says "Yeah, it's kind of like eating a catepillar isn't it?" Well, that did it. Never again!

Elisabeth

*terrified*

I have the biggest fear of coleslaw EVER!!

i remeber when i was a kid and this girl chased me round the school yard with a tub of coleslaw and i was running for my life. god the fear:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom