Foo Fighters Tour Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Foo Fighters Announce U.S. Tour Dates
03.07.2003 11:10 AM EST

Fresh off their Grammy win for "All My Life," the Foo Fighters ? minus Grammy crasher Nicholas "Sixx" King ? will hit U.S. stages again beginning April 11 at the Henry J. Kaiser Arena in Oakland, California, according to a group spokesperson.

Nine dates have been announced for the tour to date, currently scheduled to wind up with a show on April 29 at the Tweeter Center in Camden, New Jersey. More dates will be announced soon.

The video for the Foos' next single, "Times Like These," is currently in post-production and should begin airing soon (see "Foo Fighters Approach 'Times Like These' Without Laughs").

Prior to the tour, bassist Nate Mendel will tune up by hitting the road with his side project, the Fire Theft, who will kick off a month of dates on Saturday with a show at the Glass House in Pomona, California.

Among the opening acts on the Foo Fighters tour are the Special Goodness, the side project of Weezer drummer Pat Wilson, whose second album, Land Air Sea, has just been released.

Foo Fighters tour dates, according to their spokesperson:
4/11 - Oakland, CA @ Henry J. Kaiser Arena
4/14 - Phoenix, AZ @ Dodge Theater
4/15 - La Jolla, CA @ RIMAC Arena
4/17 - Universal City, CA @ Universal Amphitheatre
4/18 - Universal City, CA @ Universal Amphitheatre
4/21 - San Antonio, TX @ Freeman Coliseum
4/22 - Dallas, TX @ Fair Park Coliseum
4/23 - Houston, TX @ Reliant Arena
4/29 - Camden, NJ @ Tweeter Center at the Waterfront

Not much of a tour. I've seen promo tours that had more dates on them.

HeadsOnSticks said:

fo sheezy. are we not good enuff for the foos?

Hopefully they'll do a real tour. I'm quite enjoying their newest album (just bought it this week at a used store, am actually listening to it right now).

yeah, it's very good. sort of a return to their first album, which in my opnion is their best next to There Is Nothing Left To Lose

This is the only one of their albums I've bought or listened to in it's entirety. Had never been that into them until they released All My Life as a single.

u2popmofo said:
That's some pretty serious digging. Must be good stuff.

it really is. although it's mostly Dave playing all the instruments. Greg Dulli from The Afghan Whigs plays guitar on one track too. Do you like the Whigs? God, I love them. I'm so bummed they split, but at least Greg put The Twilight Singers together.

Not harsh as such, it might even be a compliment depending on your perspective: to wit, Dave Grohl is the Paul McCartney to Kurt Cobain's Lennon. Which would make Kris whatshisname Ringo.

Alright then. Well I find it interesting that the Foos are playing stadiums in the UK and only theatres in the US. I do think the Foos have an excellent sound for stadiums. They aren't coming anywhere near me, but fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom