Foo Fighters sell out...make CD available only at Best Buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never liked them in the first place...and I hate best buy! So now I double hate the Foo Fighters:angry:

the foo's played at a festival i was at this summer. They were headlining. i went back to my tent when they were on and drank lots of beer with my mates instead.

:drool:

It's actually $79.99, but there's a $73 rebate.

(Fuck Best Buy.)

Okay, so I downloaded it (since, you know, fuck Best Buy). I assume this is just a collection of previously released B-sides, so I'm not expecting a ton:
  1. "Best of You" (live)--It's okay. I never liked this song much or understood why they made it the lead single. Dave's voice is on, at least.
  2. "D.O.A." (demo)--It's a pretty fleshed-out, full-band demo. The mix is a little less punchy, but I can't really tell the difference between this and the album version. It still rawks, though.
  3. "Skin and Bones"--Boring acoustic song. Although the bass and drums sound neat.
  4. "World"--Boring electric song. Long too at 5:40. Do not listen to this song while operating heavy machinery. Dave needs to be careful with his sleepy voice.
  5. "I Feel Free"--Pretty straightforward cover, except, you know, louder and faster and the vocals aren't as good. I think Taylor sings the "I can walk down the street..." part?
  6. "FFL"--Just a lot of screaming.

Never liked them in the first place, so couldn't care less.

The CD/EP doesn't look like anything to get all excited about anyway.

As for selling out...I never knew they hadn't. :huh:

:shrug:

never much cared for them, though they weren't offensively bad.

this is a touch rich, however.

i would never have to go to best buy if i wanted this foo fighters cd

but i don't want this foo fighters cd

so i guess it doesn't matter really

Yeah like this is new. Anyway it's their music, they can do what they want with it.

I think the Foo Fighters are fairly underrated actually; Dave Grohl can write a decent, catchy pop melody but he usually gets written off as another MTV trash-band.

I like how the joke Foo Fighters bashing thread turned into a genuine Foo Fighters bashing thread.

typhoon said:
I like how the joke Foo Fighters bashing thread turned into a genuine Foo Fighters bashing thread.

I don't think of it as bashing so much as not giving a flying fuck. :shrug:

Never liked them...and I do find them overrated, except for Best Of You...:reject: yeah so shoot me it was catchy as hell

D.O.A., No Way Back, What if I do?, Razor, Walking after you, Everlong, Monkey Wrench, Learn to fly, My Hero, Next Year, All my Life are all good/great songs IMO... that's why I like them :shrug:

starsgoblue said:
Erm....didn't U2 do something similar with Target anyways? Are we supposed to hate 'em too?

yea they did... and not for nothing, at least best buy is kinda cool... target's just lame.

:shrug:

i've abandoned my whole "they're sellouts" stance that i had when i was younger. if i did, i couldn't listen to most of the acts i do listen to... and that's no fun.

u2 released an exclusive cd at target, and had that whole apple thing goin' on (yea yea yea... they didn't take money for the commerical, but they most certainly got a piece of every single u2 special edition iPod that was sold)
the stones have been selling themselves to the highest bidder for years now
paul mccartney's doing bank commercials
the who have liscensed songs for CSI: and Hummer
bob dylan did a victoria's secret ad

:shrug: who's left? pearl jam and springsteen. who ironicly have the best ticketing systems for their fans of any major act going. :hmm: maybe there is something to this sell out thing...

I like the Foo Fighters but not a lot. It could be Best Buy. And one time Ben Folds had a limited edition live C.D. that was only available from Tower Records.

U2's Target EP was awesome, incidentally. I paid $15 for an import "Beautiful Day" single, and then U2 gave U.S. fans a way to have those two B-sides plus a bunch others for $7, all in one nice place. The Foo EP is probably a good deal for fans too, if you like their boring B-sides.

Last edited:
Cute Irish Bono said:
And one time Ben Folds had a limited edition live C.D. that was only available from Tower Records.

Then Ben Folds is a sell out as well.

Making music available at a corporate record chain while mom/pop records shops struggle to survive.

Shame on Ben Folds, evil corporate $$$$ sucking whore.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
yea they did... and not for nothing, at least best buy is kinda cool... target's just lame.

Best Buy is just as lame as Target these days. I remember back in the late 1990s and there would be rows and rows and rows of nothing but CDs. Nowadays I go in there and it's one little corner of the store dedicated to CDs. They didn't even have the new Kate Bush CD last time I went in there. Screw 'em.

Back
Top Bottom