Foo Fighters: Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Berto87

The Fly
I've always dug anyhting that Dave Grohl churns out and I'm really excited about this new release. By now you've probably heard The Pretender, but the have also played a song called "Cheer Up Boys, Your Makeup is Running", and released a great cover of "Keep The Car Running".

This album is going to blow minds out of skulls, and probably will be the best the have done since The Colour and the Shape

I've only heard "The Pretender" so far, and I have to say I'm absolutely loving it! It's so raw and emotional. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.:rockon: I'm interested in that cover of "Keep The Car Running". It's intriguing:hmm:

That's one of the wankest album titles I've heard in a long time.

We'll see how the album sounds though.

Loved the Pretender and it's video, can't wait for this, finally some straight ahead rock for 2007 :dance: :rockon: :bow:

U2isthebest said:

I saw the video on VH1 yesterday morning. It's frickin' awesome.:drool:

The shot when the wall explodes is amazing...:drool:

You'll excuse me while I go watch that like 10 times...haha, maybe not that much.

After one listen, The Pretender hasn't really made too much of an impression on me. It does rock like there's no tomorrow though! :rockon:

I'm tempted to listen, more so than probably any other leak, but I think I can wait it out.

Yeah, I'll think I'll attempt to fight the temptation of hearing the leak. Only a few more weeks until the release.

This has grown on me a lot - I really love "Summer's End." Maybe I just like hearing songs about Virginia being so far away. I don't really miss it, but there's still some nostalgia.

I think In Your Honor had the potential to be better, but there are a number of subpar tracks on each disc. But yeah, There is Nothing Left to Lose is the Foos' best work. Although part of me is always going to be partial to The Colour and the Shape.

I think this is a really strong record, of course not every track is a standout, but the lyrics are strong and the entire thing flows very well, something most artsts overlook when putting out a CD nowadays. My favorites so far after a day on top of the Prenteder are "But, Honestly", and "Long Road to Ruin".

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Foos :heart:

Can't wait to hear this.

Me, too! The new song sounds a little Zeppelin-like. :drool:

footosfi1.jpg

^ from one of the greatest videos of all-time. :D

if anyone is interested... I guess they are going on tour, as I just got an email about a pre-sale for:

3/5/08 Los Angeles - The Forum, with Against Me. PRESALE Password = "HOME"

<<not particularly a fan, saw them open for The Police this past summer. They were good :up:

UnforgettableLemon said:
I think In Your Honor had the potential to be better, but there are a number of subpar tracks on each disc. But yeah, There is Nothing Left to Lose is the Foos' best work. Although part of me is always going to be partial to The Colour and the Shape.

Completely agree with the above (old) post.

From what I have heard of this latest one, isn't blowing my mind.

They're amazing live. I saw them during their One by One tour and again when they opened for Dylan. They did their accoustic set and it was amazing :drool:

I found out today that Foo Fighters are playing at a college not too far from here in February. I'm supposed to go see Wilco that weekend, but if that doesn't work out I'll probably check them out. I saw them open for the Red Hot Chili Peppers on the Californication Tour and wasn't that impressed, but it seemed like they were having an off night.

Back
Top Bottom