Follow You, Follow Me? Yepperpeppers! brought to you by the CSGW's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good, I haven't done anything productive...only woke up an hour ago. :wink: And, I'm going on a downloading binge. I found a list of the 1001 albums you have to hear before you die, which is just not a good thing for me to find...:lol:

:lol: Oh no! Those lists are very dangerous. :wink:

:wave: Hey Justin, how are you? Once again, sorry about my cousin earlier... she's ridiculously immature, and does this to everyone I'm friends with :| Just causes unnecessary, pointless trouble!

:wave: Hi Emma. I'm doing pretty well. How are you today? :)

It's fine. :wink:

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless (which I can't believe I hadn't heard before...I fail at being a 90s alternative fan :lol: )

Miles Davis - Birth of the Cool

Neil Young - After the Gold Rush and Harvest

Leonard Cohen - Songs of Love and Hate

There were a couple others, but not from that list:

Pulp - Different Class

Yo La Tengo - Painful

:drool:

Yep, that's how my high school was a lot too. There's good reason why I'm not friends with more than maybe 5 people out of my high school now. :lol: Lots of kids who just had everything given to them. My family's had some pretty heavy downs too...divorce, affairs, all of that good stuff. It just made me grow up a lot faster, and like you said, some people haven't experienced those types of things yet, so they're okay with being babied.

:lol: It's really not as bad as you'd think. I take naps a lot on buses too, it's a good way to pass the time. I'd rather fly too, but $40 vs. $200+ to fly to Chicago just seems silly. :lol: Anywhere outside of the Midwest, I do fly to though. :up:

That's more than me :lol: I think I've stayed in contact with two...? Same here, I think we've had a lot of the same things happen, and while it's tough at the time - I'll be glad of them in the long run, and how they'll help me cope with other stuff in later life.

I can NEVER sleep on buses/planes... far to uncomfortable. I find the whole flying thing funny in the US, we really don't have the flying culture over here. It's mostly buses and car and ferry, or fights to the further places. Not within the country! :lol:

:wave: Hi Emma. I'm doing pretty well. How are you today? :)

It's fine. :wink:

I don't know, I've been in a bad mood this week for some unknowable reason and I still am! :lol: Hopefully that'll be gone by monday morning, fingers crossed!

She's a fool *sigh* Still on for LA?! :hyper: .... funds permitting :shifty:

That's more than me :lol: I think I've stayed in contact with two...? Same here, I think we've had a lot of the same things happen, and while it's tough at the time - I'll be glad of them in the long run, and how they'll help me cope with other stuff in later life.

I can NEVER sleep on buses/planes... far to uncomfortable. I find the whole flying thing funny in the US, we really don't have the flying culture over here. It's mostly buses and car and ferry, or fights to the further places. Not within the country! :lol:

Yeah, exactly, even though those things are tough at the time, they really have been positive forces in a lot of ways. Like the fact that I'll never, ever, ever be in an abusive relationship like my mom...things like that are definitely good lessons to get out of bad situations.

:lol: Really? I guess it's kind of weird, but most people are there to just get to the next point anyway, so they don't care if you sleep or whatever. We do have to fly to get around the country in a timely manner though. :wink:

I LOVE the pulp and leonard cohen albums cassie :up:

:up: Awesome! I can't wait to listen to them. The Leonard Cohen one is up next, I think, after My Bloody Valentine gets finished. :D

I think I probably love the Pulp album so much because it's just so 90's, and was (one of) the soundtracks to my childhood... might be pretty awful with out the associations, I don't know! :lol:

Anyone got anything special planned for next week then?! The last week of March, come on guys!

:lol: I've heard it's a great album (and band), and it was on a list of the top 90s albums that Pitchfork put out, so it must be good. :wink:

:sigh: Just school again. :lol: How about you? :hyper:

I'm already in love with the Leonard Cohen album, btw. Not even a full song into it...:drool:

No, no plans :lol: But I wish I did have plans! Booking the u2 tickets has gotten me into one of those 'planning big trips' sort of moods!

Everything about Leonard Cohen is just one, big :drool:

:lol: You're coming to Vegas, right?

I'm going to have to agree with you on that. :drool: Why I haven't listened to him before is beyond me...

I'm doing Vegas :yes: :yes: :yes: Roadtrip! You're coming, oui?! We'll get a suite and everything.. oh, the planning possibilities are endless :love: :lol:

Haven't you? Definitely, definitely check out I'm Your Man (album and song), I'm a big fan of both :up:

Same here, I think we've had a lot of the same things happen, and while it's tough at the time - I'll be glad of them in the long run, and how they'll help me cope with other stuff in later life.

Yeah, exactly, even though those things are tough at the time, they really have been positive forces in a lot of ways. Like the fact that I'll never, ever, ever be in an abusive relationship like my mom...things like that are definitely good lessons to get out of bad situations.

:up:

Personally, I think the biggest thing I've taken away from similar experiences is how you should treat others. You really begin to realize how much simple respect and a kind word can mean to people. :up:

Anyone got anything special planned for next week then?! The last week of March, come on guys!

Not that I know of yet but then again so many things are happening so fast at the moment that you never know. :lol:

I'm doing Vegas :yes: :yes: :yes: Roadtrip! You're coming, oui?! We'll get a suite and everything.. oh, the planning possibilities are endless :love: :lol:

Haven't you? Definitely, definitely check out I'm Your Man (album and song), I'm a big fan of both :up:

I'm hoping to. If everything goes to plan, and I have a job over the summer, it should work out. :D

I've heard I'm Your Man (the song), but that was my only Leonard Cohen experience before today. And, he just started talking about a Santa Claus with a razor in his mitt. :ohmy: :lol: This is a great album though! I am going to check out more of his albums now, for sure.
:up:

Personally, I think the biggest thing I've taken away from similar experiences is how you should treat others. You really begin to realize how much simple respect and a kind word can mean to people. :up:

YES! So true. I've definitely realized that, and I feel like I'm a much better person in that sense. :up: I do wish more people knew that though...

I'm hoping to. If everything goes to plan, and I have a job over the summer, it should work out. :D

YES! So true. I've definitely realized that, and I feel like I'm a much better person in that sense. :up: I do wish more people knew that though...

:hyper: That would be so cool if you could Cassie.

:yes: In a world capable of so much cruelity, kindness and friendship are the greatest gifts you can give to a person. :)

I'm going to do my best to make sure I can come. I was looking at plane ticket prices, and they're less than $300 for either LA or Vegas, so it really should be doable, I hope. :D

:yes: They most definitely are.

That's exactly what was making me hesitate too. Tickets had been really expensive for awhile, but since gas prices went down again, I guess plane tickets finally went back down too. :up:

:lol: Do you not usually spend your money?

Back
Top Bottom