Follow You, Follow Me? Yepperpeppers! brought to you by the CSGW's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just talking about this yesterday. Ian will vouch for me. I didn't know why this didn't happen more. It's a great place to meet people and there's already the music thing that everyone has in common.

Wayne, is this the first time you two have actually met?

Yeah, though we've been communicating daily on the phone and online for the past two years, so there was no awkwardness at all :D

I'm just getting used to the surroundings and all, very different from back home! :)

:hmm: I would say to not try and do too much. Becomes kinda hectic and takes away from the quality time you want to spend together. Definitely do Disneyland one day. Don't bother with Calif Adventure if time is an issue. Hit the beach one day since your so close (and don't forget sunscreen).

I hope you guys are happy still, now that you've met in person :cute:

:hmm: I would say to not try and do too much. Becomes kinda hectic and takes away from the quality time you want to spend together. Definitely do Disneyland one day. Don't bother with Calif Adventure if time is an issue. Hit the beach one day since your so close (and don't forget sunscreen).

I hope you guys are happy still, now that you've met in person :cute:

We have a whole agenda plannned - Disneyland is definitely on it! :hyper:

Having things planned is good though, since we have many fun things going on, we have many positives to concentrate on, compared to having nothing planned and just hanging around all day. :)

Go to Graumann's Chinese Theater for a bit. The cement prints are cool. Then walk a bit on seedy ol Hollywood Blvd and look at some stars on the sidewalk. Take a drive on Mulholland from the Hollywood freeway to about the 405 on a clear day this week. Drive back on Sunset Blvd. You could do all that in one day and still be close to home base.

I logged him out, it's my turn now :D

That's a good idea, Hardyharhar! We will definitely do that :yes: He is nodding his head, and wants to see the footprints, and just said his dad wants a photo of John Wayne's. :cute:

:wave: Babydoll

I'm so glad you two are getting along so well now that you've actually met :yes:

Ah, young love :cute:

The I Love Lucy episode with John Wayne's footprints is a classic.

There are some great other ones there also. Take your time looking. It's easy to miss some. The really old ones are very cool :up:

:love:

I can't WAIT to see *non-facebook-able* photo's from this trip, I really can't!

:wave: Hey Emma! How's it going?

:lol: My friend and I say "yo" to each other all the time...he got me started on it though.

:lol: Yeah, I say yo alot too... it's ridiculously cool! As is the word 'dude' :yes:

I'm good, having a bit of a boring Mothers Day. Good weekend?

:lol: We say dude a lot too. Both are awesome words!

Is it Mother's Day over there? :hmm: Ours isn't until May, but when you mentioned it, I got a little nervous that I'd forgotten about it. :lol:

Yeah, I've had a good weekend...draining, but good. I've been on spring break all week, so that's been nice too. :D

Haha no don't worry, different dates I think... which I find ridiculously confusing, why would they be on different dates depending on the country? :hmm:

Still spring break?! That break goes on forever! :wink: Are you at home or elsewhere?

Yeah, they're definitely different dates. I've got no idea why different countries would do it on different days either...it's very confusing! :lol:

:yes: Still on spring break. Today's the last day though. :( Nope, I stayed in Minneapolis to work instead of going home, so I could pay my tuition bill. :happy: It was cool though, I'd rather not go home anyway, as awful as that might sound. :lol:

That doesn't sound awful, I won't be leaving university for holidays when I'm there! Get to stay with friends, catch up with work... just seems more practical/fun really :lol:

Ah that's gutting, but as long as you've had a good week :up: Looking forward to going back to the daily grind?

Oh and I forgot to ask you - did you decide whether to go for Chicago tickets or not in the end?

:yes: Exactly! My mom doesn't get it, but I just like being on my own more than I like being at home. It's an independence thing...there's so many students who can't stand staying at school for the holidays though. I don't get it. :lol:

Yeah, actually, I am. I had a lot of time to think about stuff over break, and I definitely realized that I haven't been taking things I should be seriously, so it's going to be nice to get back into school and everything and to actually focus on what I'm doing. :up:

I think I'm going to...I mean, GAs haven't been expensive at all, have they? At the very least, I'm sure there will be someone on here looking to get rid of a ticket eventually. And, Chicago's so cheap for me to visit. There's a bus system called the Megabus, and if you buy your seats early enough, they're usually less than $20 each way. :D

:yes: Exactly! My mom doesn't get it, but I just like being on my own more than I like being at home. It's an independence thing...there's so many students who can't stand staying at school for the holidays though. I don't get it. :lol:

Yeah, actually, I am. I had a lot of time to think about stuff over break, and I definitely realized that I haven't been taking things I should be seriously, so it's going to be nice to get back into school and everything and to actually focus on what I'm doing. :up:

I think I'm going to...I mean, GAs haven't been expensive at all, have they? At the very least, I'm sure there will be someone on here looking to get rid of a ticket eventually. And, Chicago's so cheap for me to visit. There's a bus system called the Megabus, and if you buy your seats early enough, they're usually less than $20 each way. :D

:lol: The independance thing... I swear everyone in this thread gets that and agrees, but I can't find anyone in person who feels the same as me on that! Crazinness!

That's cool - nothing like a bit of perspective. I could really do with some of that right now haha!

I don't know, I thought the GA's over here were pretty expensive but that's because everything over here is expensive at the moment! And that's including booking fee. I think you've told me about that bus, is that the one where you were on it for like 6 hours straight to see a gig...? :crack: How you managed that, I'll never know!

:lol: I know! My best friend (the one that says yo and dude a lot with me :lol: ) is the same way though, so it's nice to be able to talk about it with him sometimes. I think a lot of it has to do with maturity levels too. I'm personally just ready to not have somebody standing over my shoulder telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing...and some people aren't ready for that, I guess.

:yes: It was nice. :up:

:lol: That's the one! It was more like 8, actually, to Chicago. I've taken the Greyhound for about 6 to Milwaukee too. Buses. :drool: They're cheap, and they get me where I have to travel! As long as I have my iPod and a couple books, I'm good to go.

Good, I haven't done anything productive...only woke up an hour ago. :wink: And, I'm going on a downloading binge. I found a list of the 1001 albums you have to hear before you die, which is just not a good thing for me to find...:lol:

:lol: I know! My best friend (the one that says yo and dude a lot with me :lol: ) is the same way though, so it's nice to be able to talk about it with him sometimes. I think a lot of it has to do with maturity levels too. I'm personally just ready to not have somebody standing over my shoulder telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing...and some people aren't ready for that, I guess.

:yes: It was nice. :up:

:lol: That's the one! It was more like 8, actually, to Chicago. I've taken the Greyhound for about 6 to Milwaukee too. Buses. :drool: They're cheap, and they get me where I have to travel! As long as I have my iPod and a couple books, I'm good to go.

Totally agree :yes: I'm friends with a lot of 'spoon fed' sort of people who've always had it so easy, have had great families (I'm not saying I don't have a nice family, just not a perfect one) and nothing to ever worry about... hence, they don't really mind being babied for a while longer. I find that weird, but I kind of understand it.

In theory, I'd be fine with some books and music... but in practise, no :lol: I think I'd rather fly - actually, no, too expensive!

:wave: Hey Justin, how are you? Once again, sorry about my cousin earlier... she's ridiculously immature, and does this to everyone I'm friends with :| Just causes unnecessary, pointless trouble!

Oh and I forgot to ask you - did you decide whether to go for Chicago tickets or not in the end?

:hyper: I believe that would mean everyone in the thread would see them now!

Totally agree :yes: I'm friends with a lot of 'spoon fed' sort of people who've always had it so easy, have had great families (I'm not saying I don't have a nice family, just not a perfect one) and nothing to ever worry about... hence, they don't really mind being babied for a while longer. I find that weird, but I kind of understand it.

In theory, I'd be fine with some books and music... but in practise, no :lol: I think I'd rather fly - actually, no, too expensive!

Yep, that's how my high school was a lot too. There's good reason why I'm not friends with more than maybe 5 people out of my high school now. :lol: Lots of kids who just had everything given to them. My family's had some pretty heavy downs too...divorce, affairs, all of that good stuff. It just made me grow up a lot faster, and like you said, some people haven't experienced those types of things yet, so they're okay with being babied.

:lol: It's really not as bad as you'd think. I take naps a lot on buses too, it's a good way to pass the time. I'd rather fly too, but $40 vs. $200+ to fly to Chicago just seems silly. :lol: Anywhere outside of the Midwest, I do fly to though. :up:

Back
Top Bottom