Follow Up..... Who's going to see the Who??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hopefully in Columbus!

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Nope. Saw 'em in 1980 or so, after Keith died. Kenney Jones was fine, though. My ears ached for days. I'm having issues with Pete selling the greatest songs of a lifetime to a drug company and Toyota. Plus, they may rock, but there's very little new material there, and I'm not going to pay shitloads of money for a nostalgia act. Yeah, I sound a little pissed, but imagine I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For selling OnStar or some other map-type service. It's the same as Bargain being used for Toyotas: fucking sacrilege.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

Originally posted by martha:
Nope. Saw 'em in 1980 or so, after Keith died. Kenney Jones was fine, though. My ears ached for days. I'm having issues with Pete selling the greatest songs of a lifetime to a drug company and Toyota. Plus, they may rock, but there's very little new material there, and I'm not going to pay shitloads of money for a nostalgia act. Yeah, I sound a little pissed, but imagine I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For selling OnStar or some other map-type service. It's the same as Bargain being used for Toyotas: fucking sacrilege.

I agree to a point, but I saw them twice on the Quadrophenia tour and they blew me away. I hate to admit it but They still (at age 50+) may be the best live act in the world so for that fact alone, I'll go see them again. Plus, they are a completely different band with Zak on Drums.

Originally posted by wannabe:
Ditto!

Dammit, Dammit, Dammit! School gets in the way of my social life.

mad.gif

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

[This message has been edited by ~LadyLemon~ (edited 03-27-2002).]

Saw them in 89, I think it was. Great stadium gig. One of very few bands who can pull off stadiums. Doubt I'll catch them this time though. Guess I've moved on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom