Flying Fish Cove, Christmas Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's warm. About 26 degrees, however the sun is out, so I'm glad I'm not lining up all day!

Could see the stadium and stage when the plane was landing which was pretty cool. Very smooth flight until landing coming through clouds....otherwise bring on tonight!

Glad to only have one flight left :happy:

I've noticed a couple of comments that organisation and shade is not half as good as it was up Brissie way.

We should have setlist sources tonight! Looks like a number of people are planning to tweet. Makes a change from Brisbane II and my emergency text to you, heh.

Pink. :lmao: I did a Google search. *snerk* Well, he did say that he was better accepted in high school when he dressed as a girl than as a boy... Tré dyed his hair that colour once. Of course, he also danced around the stage in a tutu.

Scarf repaired. Have to knit every night after work to get where I was and get back on schedule. My fingers are going to fall off.

I'd knit at work if I could. I'd get real far doing that.

It's not even the suffix, it was just something about that one word just for some reason...brain rape.

I get what you mean. I notice, say, "realize" much less than "ostracize".

On a totally unrelated note, I have a dilemma. Surf City and Toro Y Moi are playing Melbourne on the same night. Both are only playing the one Melbourne gig; Surf City do have a Geelong gig, but THAT clashes with Swervedriver. So it's Surf City vs Toro Y Moi and I've no idea what to do.

I don't have an answer, but how is Toro Y Moi's album ?

I need to listen to a few more albums before I finish the year up.

I don't have an answer, but how is Toro Y Moi's album ?

I need to listen to a few more albums before I finish the year up.

It's good, one of the more stylistically diverse of the chillwave scene. I think it peaks with its first two tracks, but I still dished out a 3.5. Give it a go.

Kind of surprised you haven't heard it, actually.

It's not 2010 listening, it's actually 2009, but have you heard Life Of Leisure by Washed Out? I can't remember. I ask just because of how much he/they killed last night. So worth it live.

Kind of bummed his Curtin House rooftop gig tonight was sold out before I even knew of it.

Just did the sums ... this year so far, I've seen 93 artists play 117 live sets. I'm impressed. I saw more live music in 2010 than I saw in the entire period of 1987-2009. And I still have at least five gigs to go.

Ha. Interwebs, you are amazing.

I can fix the scarf! I only need a sewing needle and some dental floss. And an epic amount of patience. But I can fix it and I'll only have to redo four stripes instead of the whole bloody thing.

Yay!! And Jess, do not stress. :hug:

Just managed to clear a swathe of stuff off the coffee table while practicing guitar and playing Exit a little too enthusiastically.

Oh dear... are there any scars on the table? I've nearly put dents in the wall/myself while playing Exit. :uhoh:

Brief drive by (mobile) post from Sydney. Not leaving hotel for the stadium until 4ish. So we shall see how not lining up goes with all these cray Sydney folk!

*imagines GA pit full of crayfish* They might be nicely cooked by the end of the gig... :hmm:

Sydney's line looks a mess anyway, with two separate GA gates.

I hear it's hot there?

Apparently Perth will have two lines too... and be hotter. :| I'm not queuing early for Perth I, at least.

Just did the sums ... this year so far, I've seen 93 artists play 117 live sets. I'm impressed. I saw more live music in 2010 than I saw in the entire period of 1987-2009. And I still have at least five gigs to go.

Holy shit. *feels inadequate* :lol:

Jess, you are not to stress OR lose any fingers over this scarf, all right??

I was just forwarded some customer complaint. It all seemed fair enough until the very end, when the customer stated that it was a "loose-loose situation". If this customer comes in again I'll throw a dictionary at them.

:doh:

Oh dear... are there any scars on the table? I've nearly put dents in the wall/myself while playing Exit. :uhoh:

Luckily I didn't actually hit the table itself, just the stuff on it. Mainly papers, but the fly spray was also sitting there for some inexplicable reason and shards of its shattered cap have turned up in corners.

Also, AFRO CELT SOUND SYSTEM IS TOURING!!! :hyper: :hyper:

Thanks for the tip-off, Ax :D

This news totally turned my day around. :hyper:

Hehe, cool. Just wish it weren't so pricey or we'd come with you!

Man, it's so quiet during the live sets when U2 are here! Nobody's on Twitter, setlist parties are quiet, etc.! :laugh:

Yeah, it's a bugger the price is a bit steep, but I've been telling myself for years that I'd pay whatever to see ACSS if they toured here (and from that PoV, $70 doesn't seem tooo bad). Apparently they haven't been to Aus for about 10 years, which was naturally just before I heard about them.

Someone needs to talk me out of flying to Sydney to see them there too... There are cheaper tix in Sydney! That makes up for a return plane fare and a hotel room and taking time off work, right??

:lol:

Alison, I may have your cold. But for my superiorness in PLEBA, i'm going to say I caught Bono's cold off him in Brisbane...

I had no voice, felt tired as all hell and coughing up my Lungs after each song..But I bloody loved tonights show! I'll rank it second to Melb 2 (although the fact that bad was played nearly pushes it above) But the crowd was right with the band tonight. Probably only mostly for the big numbers. (streets was massive!!) and Bono sang "do you hear us coming" in One.

Also got to see someone in the red zone get into a fight with someone from GA. Good times!

Fucking loved it. Will post more in my diary thing that I'm sorta working on.

Ax, only filmed COBL and Vertigo tonight...I came very close to doing Crazy Tonight....and I so should have done One, it was a moving version of the song for a change.

Oops, sorry for the germs, Daniel! Did Bono have a cold? I thought he sounded a bit rough at times at Bris 1... Maybe I caught it from him in Melb! :ohmy:

Axver said:
I hope there is more of a story to this!

Basically they were standing on the seats for the first few songs blocking the other peoples views..GA people started pushing them, hitting them with water bottles, it was hilarious when the GA girl tipped what was left of one of those 1L water bottles down her back...but they still weren't moving.

Pushing and shoving turned into hair pulling and punching and then it was seemingly on for a few minutes till the red zone pricks finally moved away.

GA 1, Red zone 0 :laugh:

Basically they were standing on the seats for the first few songs blocking the other peoples views..GA people started pushing them, hitting them with water bottles, it was hilarious when the GA girl tipped what was left of one of those 1L water bottles down her back...but they still weren't moving.

Pushing and shoving turned into hair pulling and punching and then it was seemingly on for a few minutes till the red zone pricks finally moved away.

GA 1, Red zone 0 :laugh:

Oh wow! That's just hilarious.

I didn't even notice much in the way of seats in the Melbourne Red Zone, and nobody loitered near the back rail except for a suited guy wandering around who seemed to be doing more networking than anything else.

I just got this e-mail from Ticketmaster:

Legendary Australian rock music and footy will come together at Aussie Rock as Arden St Oval transforms itself into centre stage for some legendary Australian music acts including Jimmy Barnes, Noiseworks, Shannon Noll, Ian Moss and many more over the 7-hour concert!

What sin did Arden St Oval and the suburb of North Melbourne in general commit to deserve this!

My supervisor dry-humped my cubicle wall. I am not comfortable with this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom