Flying Fish Cove, Christmas Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ax, do you think Matt has a u2torrents account? (I might email him later) I've just uploaded In A Little While and Miss Sarajevo is going now (Melb 2)

I was actually half thinking of uploading my stuff onto U2torrents to get a bit of share ratio happening. I suppose at the end of the day, it makes me feel that torrent uploading it makes it a little more meaningful, for me :laugh:

Hey Ax, do you think Matt has a u2torrents account? (I might email him later) I've just uploaded In A Little While and Miss Sarajevo is going now (Melb 2)

I was actually half thinking of uploading my stuff onto U2torrents to get a bit of share ratio happening. I suppose at the end of the day, it makes me feel that torrent uploading it makes it a little more meaningful, for me :laugh:

Pretty sure he does! He's mentioned downloading stuff before.

Hell, even I once had a U2torrents account! Back in the day, etc., etc.

Damn it, I keep coming in here to post something important but by the time the page loads with the banner ads, I forget what it is! Sigh.

On an unrelated note, (or maybe this is what I've been meaning to post. A mind is a terrible thing to lose) what else should I load into my arsenal to pique Dave's interest in U2? I've made tentative plans to attend the concert with one of the girls from PLEBA who lives nearby (if you can call twice the distance from Melbourne to Canberra nearby), but if that falls through, I'm dragging his arse to the gig whether he likes it or not. So, I've got copies of TUF, TJT, and Achtung ready for him. What else do I need?

Reggo, you know I'm going to say UF.

Ashley, we've downloaded that new MCR album to see if it really is the worst album of 2010 like you say it is. :uhoh:

I saw a picture of Geetard Way with his hair dyed red. It was enough to make me want to go Sinead O'Connor and shave all my hair off. I've settled for never dyeing my hair red ever again. Though I'm likely to download the album. Gerard's a complete wanker, but sometimes the music can be decent.

I just love how try-hardy the album name is. Putting big words together and hoping that they make some sort of sense.

I don't even know what it's called. Something emo and/or wangsty I'm sure.

My auto-correct recognises "wangsty". Curse you, Axver. :giggle:

Next time I'm round to dave's, I'm going to insist we listen to The Unforgettable Fire. Plug in my iPod and play the remaster. Non-existent GAWWWWWWD, I love this album.

I had an awesome U2 related concert dream last night. :love:

In one Sydney show they played a 12-minute remix version of Mofo and a new song called "Synths" (It's hard to remember song names from dreams so this was the closest I could get) where Edge was on fire with the wah-wah turned up to maximum, the whole song was basically an Edge solo. Sadly I do not remember anything of what Bono sang except that it may have been Bongolese.

:drool:

Was awesome man.

What. In the FUCK is Cow and Chicken? :huh: I think it broke my brain.

Off to see Washed Out tonight. Very interested to see how chillwave translates live.

WhoScarf unravelled. I am cry. No, I'm literally sitting here bawling. I honestly don't know what to do or how to fix it, other than starting completely fucking over again. Christ. I'm sorry, Ali. I don't know what else to do. You're never going to get it at this rate. The only thing I can think if to do is to knit each stripe separately and sew them together at the end.

And Here I thought it was all because of you me!

Aww :heart:

Secretly, we're all still here just for your inconsistent capitalisation. :wink:

Oh my God, the way you spell that word, it may only be one letter difference, but it completely is melting my brain with wanting to switch it to the US version.

Reggo, you know I'm going to say UF.

Ashley, we've downloaded that new MCR album to see if it really is the worst album of 2010 like you say it is. :uhoh:

I think my hatred stems so much from the critical praise, plus the fact that I legitimately loved The Black Parade.

I saw a picture of Geetard Way with his hair dyed red. It was enough to make me want to go Sinead O'Connor and shave all my hair off. I've settled for never dyeing my hair red ever again. Though I'm likely to download the album. Gerard's a complete wanker, but sometimes the music can be decent.

Let's not mince words, his hair is pink.

WhoScarf unravelled. I am cry. No, I'm literally sitting here bawling. I honestly don't know what to do or how to fix it, other than starting completely fucking over again. Christ. I'm sorry, Ali. I don't know what else to do. You're never going to get it at this rate. The only thing I can think if to do is to knit each stripe separately and sew them together at the end.

Oh Reggo :(. You can't somehow go back to where the unravel ends?

Oh man, Reggo. :(

Oh my God, the way you spell that word, it may only be one letter difference, but it completely is melting my brain with wanting to switch it to the US version.

See, this is how I feel about your version! I find "-ize" to be such an ugly, ungraceful suffix.

But in other news, Washed Out is really good live, unexpectedly so. Had an awesome time, one of the best gigs I've seen recently.

Man, it's kind of weird to listen to the new album of a band who you knew in their early days but then kind of forgot about. Not really lost interest in or ceased to like, but just didn't seek out their new albums.

There's this band called The Pineapple Thief who I knew around 2004-05, when they were basically a one-man project with heavy comparisons to Porcupine Tree, Radiohead, and Muse ... they have a surprisingly decent amount of plays on my last.fm too. But I was never that infatuated with them, and I just didn't make a point of downloading their new albums when they came out or didn't even know about them. Now I'm playing their 2010 album and it's interesting to see just how much they've matured and become a fully fledged band since 2003. Hell, this is probably how somebody might've felt if they knew Porcupine Tree's Up The Downstair but then never really got around to anything until Stupid Dream. (Story goes that The Pineapple Thief made an offer to SW to perform with Porcupine Tree, and SW thought they were a piss-take because of the similar name and turned them down.)

I wonder how early U2 fans who kind of just drifted away after October felt when JT became huge! "What the fuck did I miss these last few years?!"

Ha. Interwebs, you are amazing.

I can fix the scarf! I only need a sewing needle and some dental floss. And an epic amount of patience. But I can fix it and I'll only have to redo four stripes instead of the whole bloody thing.

Just managed to clear a swathe of stuff off the coffee table while practicing guitar and playing Exit a little too enthusiastically.

I think my hatred stems so much from the critical praise, plus the fact that I legitimately loved The Black Parade.

Let's not mince words, his hair is pink.
I loved 3Cheers and TBP as well.

Pink? *snerk*

Brief drive by (mobile) post from Sydney. Not leaving hotel for the stadium until 4ish. So we shall see how not lining up goes with all these cray Sydney folk!

Sydney's line looks a mess anyway, with two separate GA gates.

I hear it's hot there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom