flu shots?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
i was just wondering how many of y'all usually get or are planning on getting flu shots?

i've never gotten one. every year i debate if i should get the shot or not. so far i've been lucky and haven't had the flu since i was in college.

i've never got one or known anyone who's got one. every year though my mom's dad comes to thanksgiving dinner and complains about how the gov't didn't get him his flu shot. i don't expect this year will be any different. :drool:

I agree with Dis....I refuse to get them and don't think they really help. I've heard more people actually get sick as a side effect from the shot itself....and it doesn't protect but from only certain strains. MY luck would be to get the shot and catch some godawful flu virus that the shot didn't cover. So no thanks, not for me.

I don't think i have ever had the flu:shrug: bad colds yes but never the flu...guess i'm lucky.

I never get one. We have them at work free since I'm a healthcare provider. I got one once before, and got the flu really bad that year not long after. Not worth it to me.

I never used to get sick. Then I became a teacher. The first year I was okay, then last year I was miserably sick for like, 2 months. :germybastardkids: (high school kids at that)

This year I got anti-viral kleenex, loads of hand sanitizer and a flu shot. We'll see how it goes. Since I got my flu shot I've been more tired than usual. :shrug:

I seem to alternate from year to year. I get it when it's convenient or the media freaks me out enough to think I need it.

I get the flu every year either way :shrug:

It only immunizes you against one strain and since it keeps morphing as it's passed on...

If you have medical conditions or are elderly then absolutely you might as well do all you can to prevent the flu.

I'm supposed to get one because I have asthma, but I haven't gotten one for about 6 years. They always make me sick.

with all the people I meet, the many hands I shake, the small rooms I'm in with occassional coughing, hacking folks, I haven't missed a flu shot in 12 years....

that, plus Purell waiting for me in the car after every meeting! :wink:

I don't get one because I believe it is not necessary for individuals who are young and healthy. The elderly and the immunocompromised are another story alltogether.

The composition of the flu shot is a guess at best.

This day and age I just don't want anything injected into my body that I have no idea whats in it...or WHO put what in it...it kinda freaks me out.

WildHoneyAlways said:
I never used to get sick. Then I became a teacher. The first year I was okay, then last year I was miserably sick for like, 2 months. :germybastardkids: (high school kids at that)

This year I got anti-viral kleenex, loads of hand sanitizer and a flu shot. We'll see how it goes. Since I got my flu shot I've been more tired than usual. :shrug:

I was sluggish for about a day or two after I got my shot but this flu season is supposed to be epic in nastiness. We lost quite a few patients to it last year and expect the numbers to be even higher this year. Honestly the flu is not something you want to mess around with - we are all pretty young (anything under 80 is young to me) and healthy but those who aren't are very vunerable to being placed on a vent in hte ICU or even dying with the flu.

rant over

please get you flu shots if you can

I have my Tamiflu, thank you, already. Just a quick call to the doctor and an hour later my prescription was filled.

I'm as prepared as I can be,

:eyebrow:

I've had one each of the last three year, as my employer offered them for free at the office.

Now, with a merger, I expect they will not offer them. Something about meeting attrition goals, I suspect. :wink:

ABEL said:
i was just wondering how many of y'all usually get or are planning on getting flu shots?

i've never gotten one. every year i debate if i should get the shot or not. so far i've been lucky and haven't had the flu since i was in college.

i've never got one although the doctor told me that it could be a good idea regarding the fact that i work with a lot of young people who are always sick :D

Back
Top Bottom