Fleetwood Mac?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2er

Refugee
Anyone listen to them?

------------------
"Being one can be great but respecting differences can be greater." - Bono in Belfast, 8/26/97

"Don't forget to fasten your condom.." -Steve Martin, Father of the Bride

u2er@u2email.com

yep,
Rumours and Tusk are my personal favorites

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

i only own two of their cd's...buuuuuut...i do like them a lot. i just wish i coulda seen them when they came here during their "the dance" tour.
frown.gif

I loveth Fleetwood Mac! They're probably my favorite band after U2. For a time, my Fleetwood Mac obsession rivalled my U2 obsession, if that's possible.

"Rumour" (sorry) has it they're recording a new album now and will be touring later in the year. That should assuage my Elevation withdrawl a bit
smile.gif

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
"Rumour" (sorry) has it they're recording a new album now and will be touring later in the year.

yeah, but i think it's without christine.
frown.gif
i heard she left the band, or at least isn't touring with them?

oh yeah, my dad's a huge fan too...he even owns the bunckingham and nicks album
biggrin.gif

I agree...Lindsey is an awesome guitar player, one of my personal favorites. I own their Behind the Mask CD, but it's missing a certain something, because that was after Lindsey..
frown.gif
I also have Rumours, Fleetwood Mac, and The Dance.

------------------
"Being one can be great but respecting differences can be greater." - Bono in Belfast, 8/26/97

"Don't forget to fasten your condom.." -Steve Martin, Father of the Bride

u2er@u2email.com

Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes:
yeah, but i think it's without christine.
frown.gif
i heard she left the band, or at least isn't touring with them?

oh yeah, my dad's a huge fan too...he even owns the bunckingham and nicks album
biggrin.gif

Yeah, you're right. She's not with the band anymore at all, I don't think. That does put a damper on things. No Songbird, no Say that You Love Me, no You Make Loving Fun. So sad. But I'd still go see them.

LOL at your dad! I got a copy of the Buckingham Nicks album a few years back. It holds an exalted place in my music collection
wink.gif

Silver Springs always depletes me when I hear it - dunno why.

Awesome band though!!

------------------
I'm only asking, but I think you know.

"This is so bad it's gone way past good and back to bad again." - Enid, Ghost World.

LOL at your dad! I got a copy of the Buckingham Nicks album a few years back. It holds an exalted place in my music collection
wink.gif

hehe...and i just realised i totally misspelled his name.
rolleyes.gif

anyway, yeah, although luckily he bought it when it first came out and stuff...but i remember seeing that cover and thinking like "aren't they those two peeps from fleetwood mac?" hehe
biggrin.gif

------------------
she wore canvas shoes white canvas shoes, around her neck she wore a silver necklace...
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth

I love the Mac. I tend to gravitate towards their weird stuff like the chain, tusk, I'm so afraid, and, of course, world turning.

HHSC just won the vocabulary word of the week contest:

assuage

congrats, Hallelujah!

Fleetwood Mac is awesome. They were my first musical obsession (Before The Boys). I remember listening to them when I was 4!!! In my babybook, My favorite song is Go Your Own Way!!! Buckingham is a great guitarist Check out his solo work, Some of it is very tuskish the rest is kinda a hybrid of his stuff on Mirage and Tango. Anywho... THIS RULES!!!!! I thought I was the only U2/Fleetwood Mac fan in the world.

Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold, Jr:
I love the Mac. I tend to gravitate towards their weird stuff like the chain, tusk, I'm so afraid, and, of course, world turning.

HHSC just won the vocabulary word of the week contest:

assuage

congrats, Hallelujah!

WOW thanks!! I'm so glad your impressed by my erudite vocabulary
wink.gif

And I like the weird stuff too. I'm So Afraid is one of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs. The live version on The Dance is just incredible. I also really enjoy their sort of acousticy guitar-based stuff, like Never Going Back Again, Landslide and the live version of Big Love. The first time I heard that, I couldn't believe only one guitarist was playing. God, Lindsey Buckingham is such a bad-ass.

------------------
Feel like trash, you make me feel clean...

Drugs are garbage...just REFUSE.

Originally posted by zooropa16:
Fleetwood Mac is awesome. They were my first musical obsession (Before The Boys). I remember listening to them when I was 4!!! In my babybook, My favorite song is Go Your Own Way!!! Buckingham is a great guitarist Check out his solo work, Some of it is very tuskish the rest is kinda a hybrid of his stuff on Mirage and Tango. Anywho... THIS RULES!!!!! I thought I was the only U2/Fleetwood Mac fan in the world.

Please...you're SO not the only U2/Fleetwood Mac fan around. They were also my first musical obsession, running parallel with my Beatles phase. Still two of my favorite groups.

I've listened to a bit of Lindsey's solo stuff, mostly just Out of the Cradle, which I think is great. I also like Stevie's solo work quite a bit, especially Belladonna, which I think has some of her best songs on it (Leather and Lace, After the Glitter Fades and, of course, Edge of Seventeen).

I'm So Afraid is one of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs. The live version on The Dance is just incredible.

That version is pretty cool, but if you want to hear the definitive live version, check out their live album from their 1980 tour. Lindsey REALLY goes off on that one. That whole album rocks, come to think of it. Lindsey does a terrific version of Oh Well.

I'm named after their song 'Rhiannon' but my name is shotened a bit

------------------
Please,
Evil
Acts
Can
End

Back
Top Bottom