Fleeing the country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
If I leave the country and leave all my furniture and crap in my apartment, is that illegal and will they hunt me down, or will they just use my deposit to move my stuff?

I'm COMPLETELY freaking out here.

why wouldn't you want your deposit back?

this quick reply encourages me to not type a (optional) subject line

ghetofabu said:
What the fuck??!?!! What is wrong?

They have credible information that the Capitol complex is being targeted, possibly with an attack as early as this week.

Apparently it's something that the CIA just announced today.

meggies just freaking out.. that's what.
And probly going to make the rest of us start freaking out too.

Actually, my boss started freaking me out today. We work in a high-rise building on the 27th floor and he wanted to do a "dry-run" of evacuating the office. So he went down all 27 flights of steps to see if everything was all clear.

When he called me from the lobby he was like, "Ok, got down ok. But now I'm thinking, maybe we should keep flashlights handy round the office."

I'm getting scared too! :(

:hug:

Don't be scared.

That's what they want.

I know it's hard not to be...but we can't live in fear. I'm trying my hardest not to. It may actually borderline with ignorance at times, but ignorance is bliss.

From the way the news is going - it might be smart to be a bit scared in order to prepare yourself for whatever happens.

HelloAngel said:
From the way the news is going - it might be smart to be a bit scared in order to prepare yourself for whatever happens.

Nope...not gonna do it.

Maybe it's bad on my part, but I'm not going to be scared. Not yet.

I wasn't really scared until this week when news and warnings have been the most severe. That's all I'm saying. People should cope however they see fit.

mankind makes me sick to the stomach

GAHH

I can't explain my frustration through typing

all the hate
all the talk of nuclear weapons (which I HATE, leaders are so stubborn to keep them around. DISARM THEM!)
my the US should disarm first

actually...
I was thinking...if Bush actually treated everyone over there nicely I bet they wouldn't attack over here!
How about...instead of threatening to attack - share wealth and resources with them?
be nice
I bet it would work...though it's too far gone for that now

If they were smart, they wouldn't attack us now while we are expecting it. They'd wait until our warning levels are low.

No, I'm not trying to be comforting when I say that. That's just what common sense would tell oneself.

I agree with Bonochick. You cant sit here in fear.. its not going to do yourself or anyone else any good. Of course its totally natural and normal to feel scared.. but dont let it take over your entire life.

I said this in another thread, but seriously.. if something major does happen, do you want to spend your last days depressed and scared?? ENJOY TODAY. Kiss your boyfriend, hug your animals, appreciate things around you while you still have them. Being depressed and scared will not change what may or may not happen. Unfortunatly we as individuals have absolutely no control over this situation, so why make yourselves sick about it.

Bonochick said:
:hug:

Don't be scared.

That's what they want.

I know it's hard not to be...but we can't live in fear. I'm trying my hardest not to. It may actually borderline with ignorance at times, but ignorance is bliss.

bonochick up until today that was the very attitude I was taking. I avoided the papers and the news AT ALL COSTS! And I told myself the less I know the better.

My train pulls into Grand Central Station every morning with thousands and thousands of commuters. If I thought about this crisis every minute I would be in the same boat I was right after 9/11. Terrified to travel to work, or stand near a mailbox/garbage pail, or just sit at my desk in my building.

I just hope we are ALL safe and ok!
:sad: :hug:

Sicy said:

I said this in another thread, but seriously.. if something major does happen, do you want to spend your last days depressed and scared?? ENJOY TODAY. Kiss your boyfriend, hug your animals, appreciate things around you while you still have them. Being depressed and scared will not change what may or may not happen. Unfortunatly we as individuals have absolutely no control over this situation, so why make yourselves sick about it.

well said :up:

Back
Top Bottom