Fleeing the country - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2003, 04:46 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick

Don't be scared.

That's what they want.

I know it's hard not to be...but we can't live in fear. I'm trying my hardest not to. It may actually borderline with ignorance at times, but ignorance is bliss.

I refuse to live in fear.........

Old 02-12-2003, 04:49 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Local Time: 06:28 PM
I'm not so much scared as I am concerned I guess you could say. I try not to let the idea of possible war or terrorist attacks consume me but do stay aware of what is going on.

Sicy- again you are right on...well said!

We have our lives and we need to live them. For all the bad/negatives things we have in our lives there are twice as many good ones however small or large they may be.

Old 02-12-2003, 04:53 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann
I'm not so much scared as I am concerned I guess you could say. I try not to let the idea of possible war or terrorist attacks consume me but do stay aware of what is going on.
Yeah, so do I.

We're going on a trip next month, and 2 relatives are flying in.. Oh dear.
Old 02-12-2003, 04:56 PM   #34
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 03:28 PM
I'm with Sicy, BC and Elvis Presley...if something is going to happen, I can't change it or stop it so I refuse to live my life in fear.

I'm not going to change my plans or sit around waiting for something to happen...when we start doing that, they win
Old 02-12-2003, 04:58 PM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm not sitting here in fear either - I'm scared for what might happen - but that doesn't mean I'm changing my life, or shaking or being melodramatic.

I enjoy being aware - my caution drives me to watch the news in the morning and at night to get updates. Other than that, I'm doing like the rest of you.
Old 02-12-2003, 04:59 PM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:28 PM
For me, it's just that I don't want to be here anyway. I was just as unhappy five months ago as I am today. I can't think of ANYTHING in DC that makes me happy. I don't have a life here. The only reason I'm staying here until September is because I have an apartment and a paycheck here. I just don't know if it's worth it.
Old 02-12-2003, 05:03 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life

Meggy

I hope you find a happy place soon enough.
Old 02-12-2003, 05:09 PM   #38
Neon Zebra

my goodness, meegannie...if i had a choice, i would have been gone yesterday. follow your heart...go.
Old 02-12-2003, 05:10 PM   #39
BAW
The Flower

I wish so badly that the world was different and no one had to be scared

Old 02-12-2003, 05:14 PM   #40
Bordering Purgatory

Local Time: 05:28 PM
does anyone even remember what life was like before all the shit started on 9/11?
i will make you hurt
Old 02-12-2003, 05:15 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie
For me, it's just that I don't want to be here anyway. I was just as unhappy five months ago as I am today. I can't think of ANYTHING in DC that makes me happy. I don't have a life here. The only reason I'm staying here until September is because I have an apartment and a paycheck here. I just don't know if it's worth it.
I feel the same way a lot of times, esp about my job ( ) and life can get pretty bleak when job sucks but takes up all your time, friends/boyfriend are far away, it's freezing outside all the time.. just hold on meegannie - I know things will turn up soon. Do pros/cons etc and after giving it some rational thought- maybe the best thing *would* be to move. Luckily the internet goes pretty much whereever you do so we're with ya

& hot chocolate
Old 02-12-2003, 05:18 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Well said, Sicy.

lots of s to everyone (especially meegannie)!
Old 02-12-2003, 05:19 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

The only things that're keeping me from leaving are the problem of what to do with all of my stuff, what to tell people at work and my roommate, and how long my money would last. I have to have enough money to live all of next year while I'm getting my degree with NO source of income. I have a decent amount saved now, but I don't think it would last over a year and a half.

I just feel SO trapped. I don't know how other people can afford to just pick up and move to a foreign country or anywhere far away on the spur of the moment.

I don't like the fact that they have VERY credible evidence that something will happen here, yet I still am expected to come into work every day, when I'm doing nothing of any urgence.
Old 02-12-2003, 05:23 PM   #44
Bordering Purgatory

Local Time: 05:28 PM
ok meeganie, forgive me for asking but...

whats going on? i know dc is under a huge threat right now, but out of curiousity is this why your leaving? i mean it may sound stupid to hear me asking this, but i dont really understand whats going on.

your job sucks, your fiance lives in england (right?) and you have absolutely no reason to be in dc other than to get a paycheque?

sounds like a good reason to me. cant you get a work visa in england?

where does your family live, if i may ask?

i think if my family didnt live in dc, and i were in the same position as you, id leave too.
i will make you hurt
Old 02-12-2003, 05:24 PM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie
Sometimes I feel stuck where I'm at especially after I moved home to help out my parents but there are some really great things about it as well, so I have come to terms with it. It's seems like you dont have alot to tie you down here so maybe you do need to follow your heart...it can take alot of nerve but sometimes you just have to take the risk.