Flea vs. Les Claypool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
who is the funkier mofo? overall, I like the Red Hot Chilli Peppers better than Primus, but Les Claypool's bass wins out in a head-to-head competition with Flea for funkiest mofo

my name is mud.

Winona's...well you know the song...lol
biggrin.gif

images

Les get's my vote!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by clarityat3am (edited 08-31-2001).]

and let me just add, I saw Primus open for Zoo TV and Les Claypool is the best I've ever seen on bass live

hello Mr. Krinkle! how are you today?

I can just picture the video for "My Name is Mud" with Johnny Swallow in the starring role, saying with a demented grin, "where you going city boy?"

actually, I may like Primus better than the Chilli Peppers these days...

If you think Les Claypool is funky, I suggest you listen to Vic Wooten, either his solo stuff or his work with the Flecktones. I'd call his music a mixture of jazz/funk/r&b/smooth jazz, but his bass technique is the most impressive I have ever heard. No one even comes close.

Look for Improv/Amazing Grace off of the "Live Art" Flecktones album as a starting point, and then maybe listen to his first solo album "A Show of Hands" - it's amazing what this man can do with a bass.

Les wins in a head to head, but Flea stomps all over him in a groove-off. Flea has more memorable/classic bass lines than Les will ever have. I go Flea, and I'll star in a video anytime.

Back
Top Bottom